Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Peter'sburg/St. Pete's Beach

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2004, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

St. Peter'sburg/St. Pete's Beach

I'll be in St. Pete's Beach for the first time next month. Any can't miss places to eat? This can be formal or casual.
Old May 3, 2004, 11:48 pm

I think the Don Cesar is quite unique in an area not really known for its upscale dining establishments. The Pink Palace surely cannot be missed.

If you have a car, you may wish to try Columbia or Bern's in Tampa, or The Clearwater Beach Hotel or The Beachcomber on Clearwater Beach.

Enjoy your stay.
Old May 4, 2004, 4:40 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
There used to be a "Columbia" not too far north of St. Petersburg Beach. Anyone know if it is still there?

I think the Leverocks chain is a good value, for a casual meal, such as lunch.
Old May 6, 2004, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Thanks

I appreciate the recommendations. I'm looking forward to a RELAXING vacation.
Old May 6, 2004, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
St Pete offers little if any upscale. If you have the chance and haven't been try Burns Steakhouse. Its over priced and some say over rated BUT its an institution. They'll even give you a kitchen tour and HAVE something sweet after your meal upstairs. Also Flemmings steakhouse, Roys, and Sideburns all in Tampa.
Old May 10, 2004, 8:07 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Craig6z
There used to be a "Columbia" not too far north of St. Petersburg Beach. Anyone know if it is still there?
Yep; the St. Petersburg Columbia is located at the end of the pier, about two blocks from downtown St. Petersburg. In my opinion, a stylish restaurant with good service, excellent food, and a terrific view over the water. I liked it more than the original in Ybor City, although the Ybor City location has a nightly show. It sure beats what has become an awful commute from St. Petersburg to Tampa. Depending on the time of day, you will spend much time just sitting on the freeway. Also, there are 3-4 good restaurants in the Renaissance Vinoy Hotel, about 4 blocks from downtown St. Petersburg. Range from an inexpensive sports bar to formal and expensive. Sunday brunch at the Vinoy is special.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.