FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   DiningBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz-371/)
-   -   KitchenAid Mixer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz/1732907-kitchenaid-mixer.html)

gfunkdave Dec 19, 2015 3:38 pm

KitchenAid Mixer

I got a KitchenAid Pro 6000 mixer off woot.com a few days ago. It arrived today, and the beater hits the bowl. I tried to turn the adjustment screw clockwise to lower the bowl, as shown in the manual, but it won't turn. It will turn counterclockwise, however. Did I get a defective mixer?

CDTraveler Dec 19, 2015 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by gfunkdave (Post 25889843)
I got a KitchenAid Pro 6000 mixer off woot.com a few days ago. It arrived today, and the beater hits the bowl. I tried to turn the adjustment screw clockwise to lower the bowl, as shown in the manual, but it won't turn. It will turn counterclockwise, however. Did I get a defective mixer?

Do you mean it hits the bowl and stops, or that it brushes the sides as it revolves? Or that it extends too far down?

Mine (17+ years in use) has always brushed the sides and bottom of the bowl.

milepig Dec 19, 2015 6:14 pm

On my model I had a similar issue until I realized i hadn't clicked the back of the bowl into place.

gfunkdave Dec 20, 2015 12:02 pm

I did click the back of the bowl in place. I mean that the beater hits the bottom of the bowl as I'm raising the bowl into position.

VickiSoCal Dec 20, 2015 1:24 pm

There's also a screw to raise and lower the beater.

gfunkdave Dec 20, 2015 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal (Post 25893457)
There's also a screw to raise and lower the beater.

Yes, it won't turn.

JeffBrackin Dec 20, 2015 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by gfunkdave (Post 25893497)
Yes, it won't turn.

I would send it back, sounds defective to me.

CDTraveler Dec 21, 2015 7:43 am

Originally Posted by JeffBrackin (Post 25893680)
I would send it back, sounds defective to me.

+1

It should brush the bottom of the bowl, not crash into it.

Cloudship Dec 21, 2015 8:18 am

I have the opposite problem. Mine wont get close enough tot he edges/bottom of the bowl.

I had purchased one of those blades with the little rubber edges which seems to work much better, though.

gfunkdave Dec 21, 2015 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Cloudship (Post 25896704)
I have the opposite problem. Mine wont get close enough tot he edges/bottom of the bowl.

I had purchased one of those blades with the little rubber edges which seems to work much better, though.

Did you adjust the screw, though?

Update to my saga: KitchenAid is sending a new mixer with a prepaid shipping label for the old one. It's backordered in the color I like, so it'll arrive in 2-6 weeks.

Cloudship Dec 21, 2015 11:41 am

Originally Posted by gfunkdave (Post 25897060)
Did you adjust the screw, though?

Update to my saga: KitchenAid is sending a new mixer with a prepaid shipping label for the old one. It's backordered in the color I like, so it'll arrive in 2-6 weeks.

Yes. It was turned all the way already. I suspect this is a Quality Control issue.

gfunkdave Dec 21, 2015 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Cloudship (Post 25897715)
Yes. It was turned all the way already. I suspect this is a Quality Control issue.

Ah yes. That was exactly my problem, and KitchenAid is sending a new mixer.