FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   DiningBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz-371/)
-   -   Tea? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz/1501773-tea.html)

gobluetwo Oct 9, 2013 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by USA_flyer (Post 21554634)
Good coffee is smooth and not at all bitter.

Staying off topic for just a moment longer, I'm generally not a big coffee fan, although (in my limited coffee-drinking experience), I do enjoy the smoothness and richness of pure Kona coffee. Not at all bitter with great flavor.

hightide Nov 14, 2013 11:08 am

I usually drink iced Jasmine tea (unsweetened) alongside meals at restaurants, but my favourite (for a snack) is Starbucks's soy green tea frap! :D

Eastbay1K Feb 24, 2014 9:24 pm

Decaf Black Tea

Any (widely-available) one worth drinking? Most I've had are so bleh.

CDTraveler Feb 24, 2014 10:06 pm

Decaf Black Tea - reply

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 22411260)
Any (widely-available) one worth drinking?

No.

Most I've had are so bleh.

You're lucky if "bleh" is the worst you encountered.

Auscal Feb 25, 2014 12:30 am

Twinings English breakfast decaf isn't too hard to find, and is fairly passable. Twinings irish breakfast is also not bad, though a little too robust for my taste, and a littel harder to source.

janetdoe Feb 27, 2014 2:24 am

I actually order the Fairmont black tea (Tea at the Empress) from the Fairmont store and usually grab a few teabags for the road when I stay at Fairmont hotels. I never thought I would pay exorbitant prices for merchandise on a hotel website, but... I do.

They have a decaf blend, and while I haven't tried it, all of their other teas are very good. I'd give it a shot. They have loose tea and teabags, and apparently they went to a lot of trouble to produce a drinkable decaf.
http://www.fairmontstore.com/product...emID=FM-501-WS

Jenbel Feb 27, 2014 10:26 am

Originally Posted by CDTraveler (Post 22411418)
No.

You're lucky if "bleh" is the worst you encountered.

My mother has been forced to change, and as a lifelong teaholic, has discovered Marks and Spencers own brand as her decaff tea of choice.

CMK10 Feb 27, 2014 10:43 am

Between it being winter and all this talk of tea, I wouldn't say no to a Hot Toddy right about now.

AbuAK Mar 4, 2014 2:28 pm

Favorite tea for me is Organic Vanilla Rooibos from Davids Tea, mainly most type of Rooibos I enjoy.

LapLap Mar 5, 2014 1:41 am

Originally Posted by AbuAK (Post 22461807)
Favorite tea for me is Organic Vanilla Rooibos from Davids Tea, mainly most type of Rooibos I enjoy.

You might like to share that in this purpose built thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dinin...d-tisanes.html

psa727 Apr 16, 2014 9:29 pm

I love tea. Drink it almost every day. I love Bushell's from Australia. To me, makes the best cuppa. I try to take several bags of it with me on trips around the country so I have something other than Lipton or whatever they have in the hotel.

gfunkdave Sep 27, 2016 8:00 am

A nice cup of tea

I have taken to having a nice cup of tea a few afternoons a week. I don't know if I should be worried at increased caffeine addiction or pleased at additional Britishness.

Now would also be a good time to read George Orwell's essay, A Nice Cup of Tea, if you haven't.

wrp96 Sep 27, 2016 8:05 am

I enjoy that essay and also a cup of tea. I have to drink decaffeinated or herbal, so no worries about a caffeine addiction. Since I even have a porcelain cup and a tea ball at work, I'm going to lean towards a touch Britishness for me.:p

Clint Bint Sep 27, 2016 8:08 am

Originally Posted by gfunkdave (Post 27269895)
I have taken to having a nice cup of tea a few afternoons a week. I don't know if I should be worried at increased caffeine addiction or pleased at additional Britishness.

Now would also be a good time to read George Orwell's essay, A Nice Cup of Tea, if you haven't.

It's just after 3pm here in Blighty and I always enjoy my afternoon cuppa at this time.
Afternoon tea for me tends to be a bit lighter than the strong stuff I have in the morning - currently sipping a nice Darjeeling.
I do hope you make the tea properly in your household with a teapot warmed first and loose leaf rather than tea bags.
As for the milk first or second argument - well now that's a whole other can of worms I won't even begin to open !

wrp96 Sep 27, 2016 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Clint Bint (Post 27269931)
I do hope you make the tea properly in your household with a teapot warmed first and loose leaf rather than tea bags.

If I'm at home, that is exactly how I do it. At work, I have to resort to using a tea ball in my cup, instead of using a teapot. Thankfully though, the water dispensers at work do have boiling water, and I don't have to settle for the hot water from the coffee machine.