Original Member
Original Poster

Here's a photo
http://www.whatson.org/dining/sergeantpeppers.htm

cheers Peter
Old Feb 24, 2001, 5:41 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Recall, regarding pork in Indonesia, that Bali is a Hindi enclave and not Muslim like the rest of the archipalago nation!

Yet I was once in Bali during Ramadan and was initially somewhat shocked at the number of folks fasting!
Old Feb 25, 2001, 9:03 am
Original Member

Programs: United, Hilton
Originally posted by RichG:
GK:

1. The Arch Deluxe was basically a cheeseburger with lettuce & tomato, served without melting the cheese! In fact, the cold items (lettuce, tomato, cheese) were served in one side of a compartmentalized styrofoam container to keep them separate from the hot items (bun & burger). IMHO, it was simply awful.

2. OTOH, I kinda' like the McRib (when desperate enough to go to McD at all).

Marco Polo:

The answer is... Moscow!

[This message has been edited by RichG (edited 11-04-1999).]
Wrong sandwich. The one you describe was a McDLT. The Arch Deluxe was an "adult" sandwich with a peppery sauce and a soft bakery style bun. McDLT was the best idea for a hamburger if you like your lettuce and tomato cold!
Old Feb 25, 2001, 9:29 am

Remember all of those styrofoam containers and the "real" fried apple pies? Check out Istanbul because that's where Mickey D's sent them. Every last one of them!
Old Feb 25, 2001, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UAL Premex
McDonald's in Rio de Janeiro is basically laid out like those that are found in Canada or the US.

The only different food choice that I have seen there is a "McCheddar" which is this delicious 1/4lb'er with melted cheddar cheese and enough cut up onions to smother the entire thing on a whole wheat bun. I've never seen it anywhere else except Brasil.
Old Feb 25, 2001, 3:00 pm

Originally posted by ffhound:

Pasta Bar?

What is a pasta bar?

cheers Peter

All these posts and no one has answered Peter's question. A pasta bar is the same thing as a salad bar, except with pasta instead of salad... They are very common in cafeterias in Europe and US
Old Feb 25, 2001, 7:20 pm
mjm
Original Member

For Scottish fare in Japan we have:

1) Green tea sprinkles for the fries
2) Melon flavored shakes
3) Salmon Sandwiches
4) A variety of special sandwiches which invariably include lots of black pepper and a spicy mayonnaise.
5) Corn soup
6) A smile for Zero Yen (its on the menu)
7) And horror of horrors - Hot Dogs

In Singapore, you find:
1) fried chicken
2) Chili sauce available along with the standard ketchup

Mike
Old Feb 27, 2001, 3:14 pm
kid

The first time that I ever went to a McDonalds was in Macau.
Old Feb 27, 2001, 5:14 pm

According to local lore in Barbados, their McDonald's is the only one that ever went out of business. Seems residents prefer their plentiful fresh fish.
Old Feb 27, 2001, 5:14 pm

According to local lore in Barbados, their McDonald's is the only one that ever went out of business. Seems residents prefer their plentiful fresh fish.
Old Feb 27, 2001, 7:22 pm

Currently, Alitalia has an MD-83 flying with the "McPlane" scheme.

Also, I believe right outside of Beijing there is a McDonald's with 155 cashiers!
Old Feb 27, 2001, 8:06 pm

The McDonalds in Bangkok opens at 6:00am but does not serve breakfast. They close at 3:00am, so its burgers & fries 21 hours a day. They also deliver. That was a weird experience but one can only eat so much Pad Thai before a Big Mac at 2am starts sounding good.

Also, they have the original apple pies like when we were kids. Deep fried in that good old Crisco. They also have something that sounded so disgusting, I wouldn't dare try it. Corn pie. Just like the deep fried apple pie, but filled with canned corn. Apparently, its a hot item all over the country. They also do one with pineapple. Ugh.

I ate a chicken sandwhich & fries at one in Casablanca. Tasted the same as here. When the kitchen manager found out I was an American, he came out to ask me how the food was, then made a big announcement that I said it was exactly the same in America.
Old Feb 27, 2001, 9:23 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
I just had breakfast this morning at my favorite "McDonalds", in San Blas, Nayarit, Mexico, before leaving for the three hour drive south to Puerto Vallarta to catch the America West flight home.

No relation to the golden arches, just an ordinary local restuarant started by a Mexican woman and her Gringo husband named McDonald 50 years ago.
Old Feb 28, 2001, 9:27 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Surprised there is no law suit pending, OG!

On Monday, a cracker called "Fluffy Bunny" took advantage of a well-publicized hole in BIND, the software that translates word-based Web addresses into a numerical form understandable to computers– and managed to transform McDonalds' website in the Great Britain into "McDicks" for several hours.
http://www.wired.com/news/technology...,42047,00.html
Old Feb 28, 2001, 2:42 pm
Original Member

Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA**US Airways Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally posted by martin:
What about Highgate Village in London. The only place in the world (I think) where the Golden Arch was refused on planning grounds.
Helen, Georgia (an Alpine-theme town in Northeast GA) also wouldn't let McDonald's in, although the issue there was the under-roof fluorescent beams.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.