Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Who is the head of Diners Club at BMO Harris?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Diners Club, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Fairmont, Mandarin Oriental, Le Meridien, National

Hello - after 20 years as a Diners Club / Carte Blanche cardholder, I think it's time to move on. It seems clear that BMO has no interest in taking care of its current consumer cardmembers, or recruiting new ones. Each year I have asked to downgrade my Carte Blanche card to a regular Diners Club card at the $95 annual fee. There is really no benefit to being a Carte Blanche member anymore. Oh, except for international cell phone rental (really, in 2017 business travelers don’t have access to an international plan?) and access to private jets.

Or at least switch me to the Elite Diners Club card, so I can receive 3x points and zero foreign transaction fees (versus the 1x points and 3 percent FTF). Yes, that’s right. BMO’s most loyal Diners card members are stuck with fewer benefits and higher costs.

Each year, the reps says it is impossible to switch me to a different card product or reduce my fee. “Next year,” they say, and have been saying for the last five years.

Before I make my decision, I wanted to write a letter to the head of Diners Club at BMO Harris. Except that no one in the Diners customer service department knows who that is, where to send a letter, or otherwise escalate an issue.

Maybe I am the dumb one. The signals are clear that BMO considers consumer card holders a burden, not a value.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Don't waste the postage stamp. Your letter will be scanned in and routed to someone who starts by telling you that he was personally required to respond to your letter and then cuts and pastes the same language in again.

If you want a better deal, switch cards. It is simply a business deal in which you no longer find value.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: Affinity euros, Yellows, Epistrofi
You're probably right but I'd do the effort if I were him. It's a pitty that they have abandoned those cards. Even without sign up bonus, there's a lot of value to get from them.

Last edited by al3x1k0; Dec 11, 2017 at 9:18 am
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Linkedin is your friend. Try searching and finding people like this: https://www.linkedin.com/in/judith-stafford-b7157920/
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Diners Club, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Fairmont, Mandarin Oriental, Le Meridien, National
Yeah, well, not a lot of folks list Diners Club in their profiles on Linkedin. Either they simply use BMO or Discover or a generic "consumer cards" role. The person you linked to hasn't had a Diners Club portfolio title in almost 10 years...

However, here is a contact supplied by a Diners Club PR person:

Stacy Stricker
Vice President, Senior Product Manager, Consumer Credit Cards
BMO Harris Bank
111 W Monroe St, 8C
Chicago, IL 60603

I encourage all concerned Diners Club members to send her your feedback on the dismal state of the franchise these days, and what steps BMO Harris can take to once again make Diners Club top of mind and top of wallet for business travelers.

Last edited by mia; Mar 29, 2018 at 5:38 pm Reason: Redact email address per FT policy
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Did anyone get any results?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.