FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   medallion threshold award ?: give silver status to already silver, get gold? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/974866-medallion-threshold-award-give-silver-status-already-silver-get-gold.html)

reddawngrl Jul 13, 2009 10:36 pm

medallion threshold award ?: give silver status to already silver, get gold?

OK I know this may be a silly question, and I'm 99% sure I know the answer, but never hurts to double check from the experts. so here goes anyway.

I'll get over 100 mqm this year. If I choose to gift silver status to a friend who is already silver, could it possibly mean they get gold status?

the reason I ask is this possible is because if you gift someone with one year skyclub membership at the 150k level, and that person already has a membership, the gifted 12 months will be added onto their subscription. so.....maybe if the status operated the same way and was added onto someone's existing status....well that's just my thinking :-)

WBurcham Jul 13, 2009 10:38 pm

No. It means they keep it through February 2011. Only makes sense if they aren't going to requalify as FO this year.

Kumaranyc Jul 13, 2009 11:31 pm

When one gifts a silver medallion status to someone - does Delta deposit 25K MQM into that individual's (the one who receives the gift) account?

ADLFO Jul 13, 2009 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Kumaranyc (Post 12062262)
When one gifts a silver medallion status to someone - does Delta deposit 25K MQM into that individual's (the one who receives the gift) account?

No, they have the status, but no MQM boost for being the giftee.

flyer89 Jul 14, 2009 2:27 am

Hmm... on the side note... if you gift someone Silver let's say on NW, and that person is Silver on Delta...maybe it will become gold? :eek: Since they will merge? :D

hnewman Jul 14, 2009 5:40 am

Originally Posted by flyer89 (Post 12062648)
Hmm... on the side note... if you gift someone Silver let's say on NW, and that person is Silver on Delta...maybe it will become gold? :eek: Since they will merge? :D

I bet they would have as it would have slipped in as a programming N-case, but now DeltaWebDev saw this post and likely not. :D

pssinatl Aug 9, 2009 11:16 am

time to gifted status posting?

Hi,

Has anyone successfully gifted status yet? If so, how long did it take to process? I gifted silver to my son about a month ago, and it hasn't taken effect yet.

Thanks

Luggage Tag Aug 9, 2009 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by pssinatl (Post 12198437)
Hi,

Has anyone successfully gifted status yet? If so, how long did it take to process? I gifted silver to my son about a month ago, and it hasn't taken effect yet.

Thanks

Yes---second time around the website worked fine to gift GM to my wife. Took exactly one month from the day of the request.