Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

medallion threshold award ?: give silver status to already silver, get gold?

Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

OK I know this may be a silly question, and I'm 99% sure I know the answer, but never hurts to double check from the experts. so here goes anyway.

I'll get over 100 mqm this year. If I choose to gift silver status to a friend who is already silver, could it possibly mean they get gold status?

the reason I ask is this possible is because if you gift someone with one year skyclub membership at the 150k level, and that person already has a membership, the gifted 12 months will be added onto their subscription. so.....maybe if the status operated the same way and was added onto someone's existing status....well that's just my thinking :-)
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:38 pm

No. It means they keep it through February 2011. Only makes sense if they aren't going to requalify as FO this year.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:31 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion
When one gifts a silver medallion status to someone - does Delta deposit 25K MQM into that individual's (the one who receives the gift) account?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:34 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by Kumaranyc
When one gifts a silver medallion status to someone - does Delta deposit 25K MQM into that individual's (the one who receives the gift) account?
No, they have the status, but no MQM boost for being the giftee.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 2:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Hmm... on the side note... if you gift someone Silver let's say on NW, and that person is Silver on Delta...maybe it will become gold? Since they will merge?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 5:40 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by flyer89
Hmm... on the side note... if you gift someone Silver let's say on NW, and that person is Silver on Delta...maybe it will become gold? Since they will merge?
I bet they would have as it would have slipped in as a programming N-case, but now DeltaWebDev saw this post and likely not.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 11:16 am

Programs: DL: DM, 3MM; UA:1K
time to gifted status posting?

Hi,

Has anyone successfully gifted status yet? If so, how long did it take to process? I gifted silver to my son about a month ago, and it hasn't taken effect yet.

Thanks
Old Aug 9, 2009, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, SC, AA Plat, AC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pssinatl
Hi,

Has anyone successfully gifted status yet? If so, how long did it take to process? I gifted silver to my son about a month ago, and it hasn't taken effect yet.

Thanks
Yes---second time around the website worked fine to gift GM to my wife. Took exactly one month from the day of the request.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.