FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   Transatlantic in ex twa-757 or NW-A330? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/949052-transatlantic-ex-twa-757-nw-a330.html)

mith Apr 30, 2009 5:15 am

Transatlantic in ex twa-757 or NW-A330?

Going to AMS as a Gold Med. in Y (low bucket). Exit row seats are available. Should we (2) travel via Cincinatti on the 757 or via Atlanta on the NW A330?
I understand two seats might be nice, but according to seatguru there are more green seats on the Airbus. Any difference in service (free buzz, food?)?

pbarnette Apr 30, 2009 6:02 am

The exit rows (esp row 10), on the A330 are probably the BEST coach seats across the Atlantic, on ANY carrier. They are the entire reason I am elite with DL/NW.

I would say that the differences in service are relatively minor and the services will probably continue to converge to a single standard. For now, though, you get free booze on NW TATL flights and only a single beer or wine with your meal on DL. I would give the edge in FA service to DL. I don't think either outweigh the decided seat advantage of the NW A330.

GBadger Apr 30, 2009 6:28 am

There is no question here... 330 all the way.

mersk862 Apr 30, 2009 6:35 am

A330 is hands-down the best T/A plane in the Delta fleet. I go out of my way to fly the A330 across the pond.

YWG-RO Apr 30, 2009 6:39 am

Agree with A330. Row 29 also very good, but no in-seat power. Watch out for AVOD boxes in all other Y rows in seats A, D, F, H that significantly restrict underseat room.

duchy Apr 30, 2009 6:44 am

I've flown both recently (both in exit rows too) and there is no contest-another vote for the Airbus

mith Apr 30, 2009 6:58 am

ok thanks.
decision is made. Just have to get hold of ms. mith to set the date. Anyway, as I am booking NL->USA-NL, tickets booked on delta.com can also be cancelled within 24 hours if flights originate in Europe?

mith Apr 30, 2009 7:25 am

what is this? after the purchase the system told me that the requested seats could not be assigned and gave me others (row behind...). Is this a bug or can exit seats only be assigned by phone?

Edit: got it. That pop up window did not have any info when using firefox. Now with IE explorer and doing 3 nos and 1 yes, it worked. Thanks anyway.

duchy Apr 30, 2009 7:51 am

Glad it all worked out;)

matincdg Apr 30, 2009 8:57 am

might too late, but make sure you select 10B. 10A has somewhat limited legroom due to the slide. In addition, with 10B you're the first (ok, maybe second) out of the door (nice to be queues at immigration).

Have a good trip!

Buster CT1K Apr 30, 2009 9:47 am

Originally Posted by matincdg (Post 11670594)
might too late, but make sure you select 10B. 10A has somewhat limited legroom due to the slide. In addition, with 10B you're the first (ok, maybe second) out of the door (nice to be queues at immigration).

Have a good trip!

Since the OP is in a party of 2, one of them is going to have to suck it up in 10A.

matincdg Apr 30, 2009 9:56 am

oups missed that :confused:

Dhamal May 1, 2009 8:21 am

330 all the way .. no doubt ifs or buts.. Enjoy the ride.. I'm glad NW airbus fleet is now with Delta's instead of selling them.. ^

Smailtronic May 1, 2009 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by matincdg (Post 11670594)

Have a good trip!

When I've had 10B, they've always held us to let WBC off first. I prefer 10H any way. Quieter on that side.

xliioper May 1, 2009 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Smailtronic (Post 11678378)
When I've had 10B, they've always held us to let WBC off first. I prefer 10H any way. Quieter on that side.

Hmm, that hasn't been my experience. It's pretty difficult for an FA to block 10A and 10B since they are right in front of the door. My recall is that they usually block the aisle and just let 10A and 10B go with WBC.