Transatlantic in ex twa-757 or NW-A330?

Old Apr 30, 2009, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Transatlantic in ex twa-757 or NW-A330?

Going to AMS as a Gold Med. in Y (low bucket). Exit row seats are available. Should we (2) travel via Cincinatti on the 757 or via Atlanta on the NW A330?
I understand two seats might be nice, but according to seatguru there are more green seats on the Airbus. Any difference in service (free buzz, food?)?
Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
The exit rows (esp row 10), on the A330 are probably the BEST coach seats across the Atlantic, on ANY carrier. They are the entire reason I am elite with DL/NW.

I would say that the differences in service are relatively minor and the services will probably continue to converge to a single standard. For now, though, you get free booze on NW TATL flights and only a single beer or wine with your meal on DL. I would give the edge in FA service to DL. I don't think either outweigh the decided seat advantage of the NW A330.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:28 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
There is no question here... 330 all the way.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
A330 is hands-down the best T/A plane in the Delta fleet. I go out of my way to fly the A330 across the pond.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:39 am

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
Agree with A330. Row 29 also very good, but no in-seat power. Watch out for AVOD boxes in all other Y rows in seats A, D, F, H that significantly restrict underseat room.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:44 am

Programs: DL Gold, CO Silver
I've flown both recently (both in exit rows too) and there is no contest-another vote for the Airbus
Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:58 am
Original Poster

ok thanks.
decision is made. Just have to get hold of ms. mith to set the date. Anyway, as I am booking NL->USA-NL, tickets booked on delta.com can also be cancelled within 24 hours if flights originate in Europe?
Old Apr 30, 2009, 7:25 am
Original Poster

what is this? after the purchase the system told me that the requested seats could not be assigned and gave me others (row behind...). Is this a bug or can exit seats only be assigned by phone?

Edit: got it. That pop up window did not have any info when using firefox. Now with IE explorer and doing 3 nos and 1 yes, it worked. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by mith; Apr 30, 2009 at 7:43 am
Old Apr 30, 2009, 7:51 am

Programs: DL Gold, CO Silver
Glad it all worked out
Old Apr 30, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: FB GLD, AA GLD, HH Silver, UA GM
might too late, but make sure you select 10B. 10A has somewhat limited legroom due to the slide. In addition, with 10B you're the first (ok, maybe second) out of the door (nice to be queues at immigration).

Have a good trip!
Old Apr 30, 2009, 9:47 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by matincdg
might too late, but make sure you select 10B. 10A has somewhat limited legroom due to the slide. In addition, with 10B you're the first (ok, maybe second) out of the door (nice to be queues at immigration).

Have a good trip!
Since the OP is in a party of 2, one of them is going to have to suck it up in 10A.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: FB GLD, AA GLD, HH Silver, UA GM
oups missed that
Old May 1, 2009, 8:21 am

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
330 all the way .. no doubt ifs or buts.. Enjoy the ride.. I'm glad NW airbus fleet is now with Delta's instead of selling them.. ^
Old May 1, 2009, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL Silver, CO Silver, AA, Wyndham ByRequest
Originally Posted by matincdg

Have a good trip!
When I've had 10B, they've always held us to let WBC off first. I prefer 10H any way. Quieter on that side.
Old May 1, 2009, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smailtronic
When I've had 10B, they've always held us to let WBC off first. I prefer 10H any way. Quieter on that side.
Hmm, that hasn't been my experience. It's pretty difficult for an FA to block 10A and 10B since they are right in front of the door. My recall is that they usually block the aisle and just let 10A and 10B go with WBC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.