FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) on the horizon 0 MQMs coming soon (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/772943-seasonal-affective-disorder-sad-horizon-0-mqms-coming-soon.html)

indufan Dec 29, 2007 11:19 am

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) on the horizon 0 MQMs coming soon

Fortunately (or unfortunately as the case may be) I fly on New Year's Day so mine won't last long.

DLfan Dec 29, 2007 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by indufan (Post 8970597)
Fortunately (or unfortunately as the case may be) I fly on New Year's Day so mine won't last long.

I remember laughing when you told me you were flying on NYD. :)

If the stars align, I shouldn't see the goose egg this year. I opted for the MQMs on the 125K mile promo offer. Hopefully, they post quickly...but, even if they don't, I'll have over 25K by the end of Jan (earned by flying).

indufan Dec 29, 2007 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by DLfan (Post 8971227)
I remember laughing when you told me you were flying on NYD. :)

It's very odd for me to work on a holiday. Usually I take 2+ weeks off for Christmas but I was just barely able to sneak a week in this time.

Global_Hi_Flyer Dec 31, 2007 4:35 pm

I almost had to, too... last minute trip to LGW/LHR that's been put off 'till next week. We drove (to Cincinnati) to visit family this holiday season.

mersk862 Dec 31, 2007 7:54 pm

I'll be fixing mine on Jan. 13 when I head back to school. At least I'm out in Vegas that weekend so I'll be up to around 6000 MQMs by the end of January (right now there's a decent chance I'll renew Silver by the time I graduate in May...)

vasantn Dec 31, 2007 8:05 pm

indufan, I plagiarized your thread and copied it onto the AA board.

Safe travels in 2008, to you and to the rest of my friends here (you know who you are)!

AndyTLe Dec 31, 2007 8:39 pm

Amazingly, this will be the first New Year's Day I won't be flying in a long time. Happy New Year to all. Safe, HAPPY, trouble-free travels to all.

Gargoyle Dec 31, 2007 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by vasantn (Post 8981797)
indufan, I plagiarized your thread and copied it onto the AA board.

I noticed one in the CO board... the disease is spreading across the globe.

Good thing we know the cure!
(I won't be on a plane till Jan. 8th)

AndyTLe Dec 31, 2007 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Gargoyle (Post 8981912)
I noticed one in the CO board... the disease is spreading across the globe.

This disease is a lot better than the lady with TB that flew from DEL-ORD on UA

jbatl Dec 31, 2007 8:58 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

What's worse than traveling on NYD? My work trip started yesterday. I'll ring in the New Year at the ultra-plush Holiday Inn in Manchester, NH. My MQM goose egg will disappear on 1/9 when I (hopefully) head home.

Vasantn, if I don't know if I'm your friend or not, am I? I sure hope so.

Happy New Year, FTers!

vasantn Dec 31, 2007 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by jbatl (Post 8981945)
Vasantn, if I don't know if I'm your friend or not, am I? I sure hope so.

Absolutely. It's almost New Year's Day and I'm friends with everyone.

Well, maybe not everyone. But let's not go there today, in the spirit of the season. :)

mtparadis Dec 31, 2007 10:38 pm

Still have 75k+ YTD MQMs, so it hasn't hit in yet...

woody125 Jan 1, 2008 6:20 am

Did they forget?

Wouldn't that be interesting! It's 8.20 a.m. on January 1 and I've still got 6 digits of MQMs sitting there. Maybe it's the weekly Friday/Saturday night update that'll clear them?

Ooops. My bad. It's 0 after all. Man, I gotta go to bed. Nuff is a nuff.

Flyin'Mom Jan 1, 2008 7:09 am

Wah!!!!

Flyin'Mom
SkyMiles Number: XXXXXXXXXX
Membership Level: Platinum Medallion
Crown Room Club® Member

Medallion® Qualification Miles (Year to date): 0
Total Available Miles: XXXXXX

dedehans Jan 1, 2008 9:17 am

I am 0 mqms today but will be at about 4,000 a week from now...all flights on ASA crjs.....yuk and ouch.....tomorrow MLB/ATL/MHT, Friday MHT/ATL/CHS and Sunday CHS/ATL/MLB.

Have a massage booked for late Sunday afternoon.