FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   USAIR Chairman's Preferred Refugee (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/747190-usair-chairmans-preferred-refugee.html)

walkerbtac Oct 17, 2007 9:05 am

USAIR Chairman's Preferred Refugee

Ok, so I'm finally giving up on US AIR. I just can't take them anymore. I am however, their top tier, Chairman's Preferred. Does anyone know a contact or a way to have my status matched on Delta? I just don't want to start all over again.

Thanks,

SLC777 Oct 17, 2007 9:32 am

Status match is live and well. US Chairman will status match to Gold

Submit your credentials to

Delta Air Lines Department 654
SkyMiles Service Center
P.O. Box 20532
Atlanta, GA 30320-2532

Status updated 3-4 weeks after recieving credentials

ECOTONE Oct 17, 2007 9:41 am

welcome to DL walkerbtac!

I just left US for DL (in July) and have loved it. You should expect your status match within 18 hours too.

mrblueeyes Oct 17, 2007 10:25 am

I would not expect it in 18 hours. Mine took about 4-5 business days.

walkerbtac Oct 17, 2007 12:46 pm

Thanks for the address. A couple more questions if I may:

1.) Can you earn preferred miles with an Amex Delta credit card like you can with the Juniper and BOA US Air cards?

2.) What is the preferred upgrade process like at Delta?

3.) How is the business class on Int'l flights?

Thanks,

walkerbtac Oct 17, 2007 12:49 pm

One more question:

What would qualify as credentials? My latest statement? Miles accumulated this year? Active membership card?

Thanks,

jbatl Oct 17, 2007 1:00 pm

Answers ...

1) Yes. As long as you have the Amex SM Platinum card. There's an MQM bonus for first purchase and MQM bonuses at spending thresholds. Your everyday spending (dollar to point) will not be in MQMs.

2) Elites enjoy unlimited domestic upgrades based on status. I'm a gold, and get upgraded about 75% of the time.

3) BE on international flights is a product DL has been working to enhance. I don't fly international much, but the reviews of the new product are mostly good.

BONUS) I would guess your valid US elite card would be fine, but you might also want to send a copy of your latest statement.

Good luck!

ClipperDelta Oct 17, 2007 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by walkerbtac (Post 8575650)

Thanks,

60" seat pitch, 160 degree recline, new seats have higher-rising legrests; AVOD PTVs on all 777, 764ER, and about 70% of the 763ER fleet currently; noise-cancelling headsets

Course-by-course dining with most things served from the trolley; choice of salad or soup; choice of four main courses; ice-cream sundae for dessert.

IsleOfMan Oct 17, 2007 2:30 pm

My experience was status match can take as little as 12 hours... I faxed one in for a friend of mine on Friday morning and it posted during the regular weekly update late Friday night or early Saturday morning. Mine took 2 tries at faxing (the first was not legible), but after the second (legible) fax, it took around 30 hours (Thursday afternoon until the weekly Friday night or early Saturday morning update). For both mine and my friend's we only included our respective membership cards (AA for me, UA for him) as documentation.

safetymom Oct 17, 2007 3:48 pm

Come on over to DL. It is so much better than US. My upgrades have also been better.

happydad100 Oct 17, 2007 4:17 pm

I saw this thread title and thought that the US "Chairman" Scott Parker had seen the light and decided to fly Delta :):)

DLmedalliongold Oct 17, 2007 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by walkerbtac (Post 8575650)

I've flown both on USAir Envoy (767-200 and A330) and Delta's Business Elite, and Business Elite is better. While the food choices and wines are similar, I find DL's people to be better and the seats to be better. Even though the seats on the 767 are slighly narrower than the seats on the A330s, the comfort is far better than the Envoy seat. And DL's 767s are better than US's 767s hands down. I could never get comfortable with the Envoy seats. I think DL's seats are just shaped better.

Now I never got to fly in the "First Class" seats on the A330 so I can't comment on those, but I'm guessing you might have enjoyed those from time to time being a Chairman whatchacallit...

Oh, and welcome to Delta. The joint venture with Air France (that was announced today) will be even better for those traveling across the atlantic.

Palal Oct 17, 2007 4:50 pm

FYI...don't know US Air's policy, but you get no free lunch on DL ( no free int'l upgrades) except if you're a PM upgrading from certain fare classes using PMUs.

El Perro Oct 17, 2007 5:47 pm

I don't understand how US Air stays in business. They are horrible.

AndyTLe Oct 17, 2007 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by El Perro (Post 8577427)
I don't understand how US Air stays in business. They are horrible.

True true. I just flew on US today ORF-PHL-GSO and GSO-CLT-ORF. 3 out of 4 flights were delayed. 2 of the delays, longer than 30 minutes. Gate agent in Charlotte said this was a "normal" day for US.

walkerbtac, welcome to DL. I think all your questions should have been answered.

The MQM earnings thresholds for Delta Platinum SkyMiles AMEX (someone correct me if I'm wrong):
5,000 MQMs for first use of card (varies depending on special offer)
10,000 MQMs for first $25,000 spent within card year (12 months from renewal date)
10,000 MQMs for first $25,000 spent within calendar year (obviously this can overlap with the above)
10,000 MQMs for next $25,000 spent within card year