Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold for 2008!!! 50524 MQMs by Feb 26!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold/1MM
Thumbs up Gold for 2008! 50524 MQMs by Feb 26

I have done some serious coast to coast flying this year and been very dedicated to DL. As of yesterday I have 30781 MQMs and by my calculations, I will have 50524 MQMs by Feb 26.

So far I was upgraded on 11 out of 13 flights. One of the two was a last minute date change and the other was an early morning ATL-LGA leg where everyone was an elite.

I must say I am very satisfied with DL so far. Unfortunately I will have to say goodbye to my UA-1P status, but I have been upgraded more with DL than my entire flying life before.

Last edited by tashi; Feb 10, 2007 at 1:02 pm
Old Feb 10, 2007, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
That's 886 MQMs per day... 36 per hour...
Old Feb 10, 2007, 2:23 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
That's 886 MQMs per day... 36 per hour...
is that Boeing or Airbus that advertises an average flying speed of 36 MQM's per hour?
Old Feb 10, 2007, 5:48 am

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Originally Posted by mcjava
is that Boeing or Airbus that advertises an average flying speed of 36 MQM's per hour?
Since DL doen not fly Airbus Aircraft, it must be Boeing!

I woun't reach that level until March 26 I think.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Ironically, I got a letter from medallion yesterday, downgrading me from Gold to Silver at the end of feb based on my flight activity last year.

Last edited by tashi; Feb 10, 2007 at 6:12 pm
Old Feb 10, 2007, 7:42 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tashi
Ironically, I got a letter from medallion yesterday, downgrading me from Gold to Silver at the end of feb based on my flight activity last year.
I'm sure you realize that once you cross the 50K threshold, you will also be Gold for what remains of 2007.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 8:24 am

Programs: Delta DM
I will be right there with you, a new record for me. usually all my long distance travels are at the end of the year, kidna thrown for a look this year. Already have 20,000+ miles as of this morning, getting 24,000 more in the next two weeks.

Congrats!
Old Feb 10, 2007, 9:29 am

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Good luck getting the new packet. If you haven't received last year's packet, expect the two to come together in the mail.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 10:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by gforce
Good luck getting the new packet. If you haven't received last year's packet, expect the two to come together in the mail.
In prior years at least, a new packet for higher tier seemed to displace a new packet for an older tier -- but appearances may be deceptive. That is, that may have been due to peculiar circumstances like going from General Member to Gold Medallion within a week's time. [I don't recall my account reflecting Silver status during that one-week jump from flying since on Delta.com it went from General Member to Gold Medallion; and since Delta was auto-batching Medallion determinations to be done periodically (i.e., weekly) the system may never have realized any better and so only the Gold packet with no Silver packet. (No, I never did write in asking for my Silver drink vouchers. )]
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
im getting there...

Moved most of my flying from AA and currently sit on 31 and change thousand MQMs. I reckon I will get to plat given my itins by end of March:

BOS-JFK-MXP-CDG-ATL-BOS (J) 2/14-2/18

BOS-JFK-ICN-SYD-ICN-LAX-BOS (J) 2/22-2/28

BOS-ATL-GUA-ATL-GUA (J) 3/3-3/6

BOS-LAX-BOS (F) 3/14-3/18

BOS-LAS-BOS (F) 3/22-3/25

BOS-JFK-MXP-LHR/LGW-ATL-BOS (J) 3/29-4/2

havent counted the MQMs but the extra boost from flying J/F should get me close i reckon. Not too excited though as Its back breaking. However looking forward to being PM on DL for first time.

Last edited by psyflyer; Feb 11, 2007 at 2:44 pm
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:02 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Congrats. of course - however, are all of the exclamation marks really, really necessary in your thread topic? With all due respect, it really is a bit much.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:04 am

Programs: Delta PM, British Airways Silver
I'll be at 50,00 or more by April - two Asia and one Europe business class trips in two months, plus LAX and SAN from SDF starts racking them up ...

Last edited by bebopper; Feb 10, 2007 at 11:37 am
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:28 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, SC, AA Plat, AC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
(No, I never did write in asking for my Silver drink vouchers. )]
Good thing because unless this has changed recently, the amount of vouchers you get for FO is the same as that which you get for being a regular member. It was only when I hit GM and PM that I received drink vouchers. If I remember correctly, it was 4 for GM. I received 6 for PM last year.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freeupgrade
Congrats. of course - however, are all of the exclamation marks really, really necessary in your thread topic? With all due respect, it really is a bit much.
English is my 5th language... but I fixed the title. Now dont say that the commas are too much.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 7:06 pm

I should be at 50K before May with one Asian trip done and the following itineraries to come

CVG-PDX-NRT-PDX-CVG

CVG-ATL-NRT-ATL-CVG

CVG-CDG-GOT-CDG-CVG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.