Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seats changed on international flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2007, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Seats changed on international flight

Hi all, I'm a FO and booked a flight a couple of weeks ago from PDX-NRT through SMS, on a NW codeshare. I requested certain seats for my companion and myself for both legs. When I arrived for check-in the agent told me that my seats had been changed to different ones (almost the same but a couple of rows behind where I had booked), the seats were okay so I kept the new ones. I also asked if my seats for the return leg had been changed, and they had not.

Now this morning I check my itinerary for the return and I see my seats have been changed again this time to the rear of the plane, in the center of the 2x4x2 (Not where I want to be, as I am 6"6' and need an aisle). The website will not allow a change (I believe because it is a codeshare operated by NW), and it looks like most seats are taken.

I want to complain to get my old seats, or at least seats near where I originally booked, but will this do any good for me and my companion? What should I do?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 4:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by cincibcats
Hi all, I'm a FO and booked a flight a couple of weeks ago from PDX-NRT through SMS, on a NW codeshare. I requested certain seats for my companion and myself for both legs. When I arrived for check-in the agent told me that my seats had been changed to different ones (almost the same but a couple of rows behind where I had booked), the seats were okay so I kept the new ones. I also asked if my seats for the return leg had been changed, and they had not.

Now this morning I check my itinerary for the return and I see my seats have been changed again this time to the rear of the plane, in the center of the 2x4x2 (Not where I want to be, as I am 6"6' and need an aisle). The website will not allow a change (I believe because it is a codeshare operated by NW), and it looks like most seats are taken.

I want to complain to get my old seats, or at least seats near where I originally booked, but will this do any good for me and my companion? What should I do?
Call DL and complain bitterly.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:12 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Schedule change? Equipment change?
Old Feb 8, 2007, 6:40 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by spgaston
Call DL and complain bitterly.
Actually, since the flight is operated by NW, it is NW's problem, not DL's. Calling NW might yield way better results @:-)
Old Feb 8, 2007, 9:47 am

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
Just get your 6 digit NW confirmation number, search for the reservation on nwa.com and you should be able to select available seats. I do this all the time with flights booked via Delta that are Northwest operated.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:09 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by rcs85551
Actually, since the flight is operated by NW, it is NW's problem, not DL's. Calling NW might yield way better results @:-)
That may be true, but it is a DL coded and marketed flight.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:18 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
I had this happen with NWA on a return to the US from Amsterdam. Though I'd reserved a two-seat row(window/aisle) near the front of coach for my wife and myself, I was advised at airport check-in that our seats had been changed to accommodate passengers stranded the day before. We were now way back in the plane in the middle of a 4-5 seat center row.

I remained polite and calm throughout, but said firmly this new arrangement was neither fair nor acceptable. My wife is claustrophobic and barely manages with a window seat. We balked at checking bags and refused to take 'sorry, we're fully booked' as a final answer.

I was referred to a supervisor and started asking her about accommodating us on another flight or another carrier. Eventually, the supervisor bumped me to her supervisor. Suddenly we were in business class.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:54 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by kss5555
Just get your 6 digit NW confirmation number, search for the reservation on nwa.com and you should be able to select available seats. I do this all the time with flights booked via Delta that are Northwest operated.
How do you get that?
Old Feb 8, 2007, 12:15 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by spgaston
That may be true, but it is a DL coded and marketed flight.
And what's your point?

If you want to be assured your seat assignment, you are *always* better off to deal with the operating carrier. As simple as that.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
How do you get that?
Call NW reservations. And while you're at it, you can ask them for a seat assignment too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.