Wiki Posts
Search

767-400 Laptop Power

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2002, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
767-400 Laptop Power

Delta's site says that the 764 has laptop power ports. Has anyone ever used these? (Where are the ports located?) I am thinking about buying the adapter as I have 3 upcoming flights longer than 5hrs each on a 764(ughhh...). Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2002, 2:57 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
The 764 has laptop power at every seat in F. In coach, for the 767-400, each seat group has Empower outlets installed. Although there are not enough outlets for every single passenger (two outlets for a triple seat group), there is access available in all areas of the cabin.

The triple seat group seatup mirrors AA's setup and availability for the power ports.
Old Jul 22, 2002, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks jeffreyt! How many ports are in the A/B and F/G sections and where are they located? Thanks again!
Old Jul 22, 2002, 3:39 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NHFL9:
Thanks jeffreyt! How many ports are in the A/B and F/G sections and where are they located? Thanks again!</font>
Delta's seating chart shows the Empower locations. They are dense at the front (until the wings) and then get progressively thinner until there not one in every row at the back. If this matter to you be sure to get the first few rows of coach or F.

Old Jul 22, 2002, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

number_6, what maps are you referring to? I can't find any with the power ports.
Old Jul 22, 2002, 6:39 pm

Anyone know of any good deals on these for a dell?
Old Jul 22, 2002, 7:04 pm
Original Member

I believe, and this is what I am unsure about, that the 2 seat sides has only 1 unit in between both seats. Unfortuantely, I don't sit back there all the time.

The seat maps on delta don't show the Empower units, unlike the seat maps on AA.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful than my original answer which came directly from my contact inside Delta. If I find out more, I'll let you know. I've only flown F on the 764.
Old Jul 23, 2002, 2:26 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NHFL9:
number_6, what maps are you referring to? I can't find any with the power ports. </font>
Delta seems to have removed them from it's website. Luckily AA still has this info online, and the layout is similar (they don't have 764s, but the 763 layout gives you the idea, see https://www.aa.com/content/aboutAA/o...iSeating.jhtml

Old Jul 24, 2002, 9:22 am

It would be nice if Delta would wake up and provide such maps including power points. Why is DL always so far behind in providing useful info to their customers?
Old Jul 24, 2002, 9:39 am

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikepa:
It would be nice if Delta would wake up and provide such maps including power points. Why is DL always so far behind in providing useful info to their customers?</font>

Go check out the CO site, and them come back over here. You'll find that you have a wealth of info on Delta.com, comparitively...

Old Dec 13, 2003, 7:08 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Power Outlets on the 764

I knew that they had the DC outlets under each seat in F/Y, but I was seated in 17A and noticed a regular AC set of power outlets. I still haven't broken down and bought a DC/AC converter (Christmas??), so this was extremely convenient. The question is, are these new? and what seats are they in?
Old Dec 13, 2003, 9:06 am
Original Member

From a 2002 thread doing a search for Power Outlets...

http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/006651.html
Old Dec 13, 2003, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Although I appreciate the link, I am not referring to the Empower Ports. I am referring to the standard AC power ports that I have only seen at 17A. I have sat in F and have not seen any, and 17G does not have one either.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 10:25 am
Original Member

Sorry, mis-read the question. If I was on the cleaning crew and used them, I could probably help you. Occassionally, I'll also spot them on planes, but I've never documented the location since I do have the empower units. It's amazing because not many people know that the AC outlets exist on the plane. I used to use one on AS all the time in row 25 of an MD-80.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 5:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM; Hilton Diamond; SPG Platinum
Be careful with those outlets. They are in place for the cleaning crews and operate at 400 Hz. Not good for your laptop converter.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/009809.html

[This message has been edited by Flight Mechanic (edited Dec 13, 2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.