Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Moderators Guilty of Premature Evacuation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This discussion is unique on FlyerTalk in that it allows members who visit the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles forum to publicly comment on the decisions and actions of its moderators — even though Rule 18 on FlyerTalk specifically prohibits doing this:

Discussion Of Moderator Actions

Moderators value your private views and feedback related to their actions and duties. You may submit appropriate feedback to moderators by private message or e-mail. Do not post comments about moderator decisions or actions, or about the work of moderators, unless a moderator has invited members to post feedback in a particular thread.

Any concerns about the actions of a moderator should be directed exclusively and privately to the [email protected].
The moderators of the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles have learned a lot from your input through this discussion; and it has also served to resolve issues over the years — often in a humorous manner.

Despite the existence of this discussion, the moderators of the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles still request that you first address any questions or concerns pertaining to the decisions and actions of the moderators via private communications before posting them publicly, as most issues can usually be resolved this way. Please use this discussion sparingly and only when necessary.

Thank you.

Regards,

Canarsie, obscure2k and ryandc99
Co-moderators, Delta Air Lines SkyMiles forum
Print Wikipost

Moderators Guilty of Premature Evacuation

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by ryandc99
I have re-opened the thread
Delta increasing Diamond MQD Waiver to $250,000

Ryandc99, Moderator Delta Air Lines
+1
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
What was wrong with the adult video thread? I didn't witness anyone being uncivil. The news of the event has been highly covered by the media. I think a move to Omni would have been better so we could at least follow up on it. Just my $0.02.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:11 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Why is "flying in feces" closed? that's a super relevant thread and it did not at all appear to be out of hand.
rufflesinc and sky303 like this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by pvn
Why is "flying in feces" closed? that's a super relevant thread and it did not at all appear to be out of hand.
+1.
Don't see what the issue is.
rufflesinc likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pvn
+2
rufflesinc likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
Because the mods determined that thread was full of crap from the get-go.
sky303 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:58 pm

Total disgrace.

If you can't talk about literal animal feces on the floor and in a seat, and the airline program's poor response to the customer, then what can you talk about?

rufflesinc likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Maybe there were too many fecesious facetious responses.
rufflesinc and sky303 like this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or the poo got too deep.
rufflesinc likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL DM
Have to agree with others here... there was nothing wrong with the poop thread. A little “messy” topic, but all relevant and appropriate. Poor choice by the mod.
rufflesinc and rickg523 like this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:24 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Exclamation Please Review the latest Wiki

The Moderators ask that you familiarize yourselves with the most recent Wiki.

Discussion Of Moderator Actions

Quote:
"Moderators value your private views and feedback related to their actions and duties. You may submit appropriate feedback to moderators by private message or e-mail. Do not post comments about moderator decisions or actions, or about the work of moderators, unless a moderator has invited members to post feedback in a particular thread.

Any concerns about the actions of a moderator should be directed exclusively and privately to the [email protected].
The moderators of the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles have learned a lot from your input through this discussion; and it has also served to resolve issues over the years — often in a humorous manner.

Despite the existence of this discussion, the moderators of the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles still request that you first address any questions or concerns pertaining to the decisions and actions of the moderators via private communications before posting them publicly, as most issues can usually be resolved this way. Please use this discussion sparingly and only when necessary."

Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
OHDL1 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Ouch. Threats.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well poo, a Community discussion that must be conducted privately.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Wait isn't the point of this thread the transparency of our specific sub-forum? Yeesh.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:30 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bergamini
Ouch. Threats.
More like a polite request maybe?

Originally Posted by sky303
Wait isn't the point of this thread the transparency of our specific sub-forum? Yeesh.
I'm not sure it started out that way, but maybe they tolerated its existence or something. The origin of the thread long predates my FT tenure and I haven't read all 124 pages

I sorta see why they don't want to have a thread that's just a free for all questioning their judgment. Moderating is a pain in the rear most of the time, figuring out where to draw lines etc. and not everyone's going to agree on everything.

At the same time, while I'm aware of what the FT rules say, and I definitely understand why they wouldn't want to discuss cases of action against individuals (i.e. suspensions) in public, I feel like there would be mutual benefit in at least some small amount of respectful discussion on what factors go into closing thread X while leaving thread Y open etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.