FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Moderators Guilty of Premature Evacuation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/59521-moderators-guilty-premature-evacuation.html)

Cholula Jun 14, 2005 6:47 am

Originally Posted by eddipoco
Just a "Thank You" to all Moderators & Posters on FT...I am newly retired and starting totravel as an avocation....reading FT forums is a daily joy and educational process...this thread is a "hoot"....I will not be posting so much as my "Clever Quotient" doesn't come up to the level of the great discourse on these pages...but...I will "lurk" off scene enjoying and learning from each of your experiences. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

eddipoco...welcome to Flyertalk! And don't be bashful about posting here. One need not be clever or humorous to qualify for posting "privileges" in this thread. If you need an example of this statement, just review some of my moronic posts.....:).

Originally Posted by obscure2K
I also love this thread. Hope it has been unlocked. If so, thanks for listening, Randy.

Although I could be wrong as usual, I don't think this thread has ever been locked. Randy locked a parallel thread which was also on the same general subject.

nd_eric_77 Jun 14, 2005 7:14 am

I must say, major ^ to the DL mods for keeping this thread open. All too often in FT, threads which say ANYTHING about mods' actions are treated like blasphemy. IMHO, these discussions are actually healthy discussions rather than threats to the integrity of the Forums.

Dovster Jun 14, 2005 11:15 am

Originally Posted by nd_eric_77
I must say, major ^ to the DL mods for keeping this thread open. All too often in FT, threads which say ANYTHING about mods' actions are treated like blasphemy. IMHO, these discussions are actually healthy discussions rather than threats to the integrity of the Forums.

The DL Forum, IMHO, is a very special one -- and that includes the Mods.

I joined F/T because of what I found on this forum (although I don't make that public knowledge on the other boards as I am afraid it will result in the lynching of a few of our members).

There was a time, many moons ago, when there were some hard feelings on this board between the pro and anti-SSM groups. (No, not Same Sex Marriage, -- Save SkyMiles.) That, however, is history.

Today, everybody is welcome except for perverts who prefer T-word hot sauce to the Cholula brand. All other types of perverts, including both Canarsie and myself, are at least tolerated.

Lehava Jun 14, 2005 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster
The DL Forum, IMHO, is a very special one -- and that includes the Mods.

I joined F/T because of what I found on this forum (although I don't make that public knowledge on the other boards as I am afraid it will result in the lynching of a few of our members).

There was a time, many moons ago, when there were some hard feelings on this board between the pro and anti-SSM groups. (No, not Same Sex Marriage, -- Save SkyMiles.) That, however, is history.

Today, everybody is welcome except for perverts who prefer T-word hot sauce to the Cholula brand. All other types of perverts, including both Canarsie and myself, are at least tolerated.

I agree with what Dov said, well at least the first paragraph after that I just got a wee bit lost. This forum is MUCH more friendly and much more interesting than the others I lurk on (and once in a while post on). You guys also have less of an appetite for "head of newbie" as your daily diet and that is much appreciated.

vasantn Jun 14, 2005 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Cholula
Although I could be wrong as usual, I don't think this thread has ever been locked. Randy locked a parallel thread which was also on the same general subject.

What I thought. O2K, chug down some Cholula Hot Sauce and wake up! :)

RobertS975 Jun 14, 2005 7:07 pm

Went back and read the first few posts on this thread... even B747 piped in.
My observation is that the moderators on the DL board have shown wonderful staying power over the past two and a half years since this thread originated. The participants on this board are grateful for your oversight and grateful for your overall pattern of restraint.

DLfan Jun 14, 2005 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by RobertS975
My observation is that the moderators on the DL board have shown wonderful staying power over the past two and a half years since this thread originated. The participants on this board are grateful for your oversight and grateful for your overall pattern of restraint.

The mods on this board have nothing to be ashamed of. They do a wonderful job and the overall decorum shown here is a reflection of their effort. IMHO, if you're going to be an FT mod, the DL board is the forum you want!

Flyin'Mom Aug 20, 2005 2:13 pm

Moderators please bring Cholula back

This thread, easy enough to ignore for those not interested, is one of the things that make the DL forum special.

Please bring it back!

obscure2k Aug 20, 2005 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Flyin'Mom
This thread, easy enough to ignore for those not interested, is one of the things that make the DL forum special.

Please bring it back!

Many things make the DL forum special, especially our knowledgable base of FT'rs who know so much about DL, miles, travel, etc. It's really not a big deal to continue posting on that thread over on Omni. If you wish to discuss the move, please do so on the Unabashed Cholula Spam.
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

RobertS975 Aug 20, 2005 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Many things make the DL forum special, especially our knowledgable base of FT'rs who know so much about DL, miles, travel, etc. It's really not a big deal to continue posting on that thread over on Omni.

Why take a thread that has been going for TWO YEARS on the DL forum and move it? Totally illogical.

Lehava Aug 20, 2005 4:20 pm

Goodbye My Friends - Gone with the Cholula Hot Sauce

I know this will get locked quickly as it is OT but I had no other way to say this.

Contrary to what this moderator seems to think (see below), that it was not a big deal to move the Cholula thread, it is a HUGE deal because not all of us have Omni access! And I am one of those (heck after the supposed 3 months and 90 posts I dont even have CC). So I am posting this to say goodbye to my friends from the Cholula thread. I have been shoved out of our thread and am now an outsider looking in. Ironically I cant even see the post of why this was done because the moderator closed it without any warning to any of us and so her reasoning is over in Omni now too.

Thank you all for all the laughs, the support, your friendships and for making me feel so welcome. I'll miss you guys a lot. Someone keep Mikey in line!!!

I will be leaving FT altogether after this. NO CTS thread was not the only reason I came on here at all, but I am so offended and insulted by this action that I will be looking for another site to find my travel information on.

Many of you have my email address if you want to drop me a note once in a while to let me know what is up with you I would love it.

Good bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck in the thread when you have all those Omni types jumping in bashing it.

From the moderator:

"Many things make the DL forum special, especially our knowledgable base of FT'rs who know so much about DL, miles, travel, etc. It's really not a big deal to continue posting on that thread over on Omni. Now, I am going to lock this thread. If you wish to discuss the move, please do so on the Unabashed Cholula Spam.
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator"

Splycer Aug 20, 2005 4:38 pm

let us know where your new home is

Lehava Aug 20, 2005 4:40 pm

[QUOTE=Flyin'Mom]Yup perfect answer for this. Just imagine how Cholula (the man) is going to feel when he comes back from Vacation and finds out they did this to the thread. Obviously NO ONES feelings were taken into account on this one. Oh well, as I am told over and over, we have no say on FT and have to just accept whatever because we dont pay to be here, so so be it. Luckily I found out this morning about another travel site that seems to provide a lot of the ff info that I was getting here before, so it is time to mosey on.......

Splycer Aug 20, 2005 5:10 pm

what is omni?

mikey1003 Aug 20, 2005 5:27 pm

I will not be posting here until Unabashed Cholula Thread is returned!

This will probably make many of you happy, but this is my last post on the Delta Forum until The Unabashed Cholula Spam Thread is returned.

Most of you know that I was one of the instrumental members of this Forum during the fight to Save SkyMiles. I no longer fly Delta, but I actively follow topics here. I even post helpful answers every once in a while.

The UCS thread is a fun thread that has been around since September, 2003. No one gets hurt or flamed here.

To move this thread is a crime. You would have done better to close it.

This is a copy of the PM that I sent to the Moderators:

I believe that you are doing a terrible disservice to the DL forum. This thread has been a ongoing institution since September 2003.

One of you has to take control and return this to the DL forum where it belongs.

Omni is the cesspool of FT..... This thread belongs right where it was.

I don't have a clue as to what caused this move. The Unabashed Cholula Thread was a fun spot where no one got into any trouble (as opposed to many other topics) And, to have the chutzpa to move this topic while Dave was on vacation is truly horrendous.

I will not be back at the DL forum until this is moved back. I know that I don't fly DL, but still contribute. No more.

Mike