Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Paris (CDG): The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Paris (CDG): The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by bkhahn
Hi - I'm looking at booking the following ticket with a 1:20 layover in CDG - will I be able to make the connection?

DTW->CDG DL8753 arrives 11:30am
CDG->PRG DL 8590 departs 12:50pm

I am currently silver medallion so I don't know if that would impact the time required to transfer. I have a US based connection prior to the DTW->CDG that I'm not concerned about missing and PRG is my final destination on this ticket. Both flights would be on the same ticket.

Thanks!
Doable but not the most ideal as AF does not pad their schedules as much as other airlines. Use flightaware to see when the DTW really arrives. The next AF if you miss your connection is in 6 hours (though there is a CSA flight in between)
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:41 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Updates on connections at CDG

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19229591-post114.html

In short:
  • [*]
  • [*]
Old Aug 31, 2012, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
So, according to JOUY31's post above, all Skyteam flights to the US from AF Schengen destinations will be connections via 2F and 2E. I would say that worst case the actual gate-to-gate transfer time including passport control and security should almost never exceed one hour and for business class passengers, perhaps 30-40 minutes worst case.

That is some improvement and the one hour connection times that we have routinely snubbed in the past now appear to be feasible. However, out of habit, I think that I will still, for the time being, draw the line for CDG at one and one half hours and, if entering Schengen with checked baggage, two and a half hours.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Although I wouldn't recommend it, my wife and I were able to make it from 2F to 2G, thru passport control and security, in 20 min! Of course, our bags didn't make the connecting flight, but at least we did. This very tight connection was due to the late arrival of our flight from MAD.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:07 am

Just wanted to give an update - we were able to make it through in about 30 minutes (no checked luggage). There was a specific line for elites to go through immigration that really helped ensure we made our connection.

Originally Posted by bkhahn
Hi - I'm looking at booking the following ticket with a 1:20 layover in CDG - will I be able to make the connection?

DTW->CDG DL8753 arrives 11:30am
CDG->PRG DL 8590 departs 12:50pm

I am currently silver medallion so I don't know if that would impact the time required to transfer. I have a US based connection prior to the DTW->CDG that I'm not concerned about missing and PRG is my final destination on this ticket. Both flights would be on the same ticket.

Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2012, 8:46 am

I am considering this intinerary: MSP-CDG-NAP with 2 hours 15 min layover in Paris (first flight is DL 220 and second flight is 8688 operated by Air France). Will this be adequate time? My other options will have two connections with longer layovers. Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by mochi0172
I am considering this intinerary: MSP-CDG-NAP with 2 hours 15 min layover in Paris (first flight is DL 220 and second flight is 8688 operated by Air France). Will this be adequate time? My other options will have two connections with longer layovers. Thanks!
Assuming your inbound arrives on time, 2 1/4 hours is plenty of time for that connection.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:34 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Updated CDG2 airside shuttle buses (in addition to the VAL automated shuttle)

Yellow shuttle:
Every 5-6 minutes from 07h30 to 21h45.

Blue shuttle:
Every 5 minutes from 05h30 to 23h45.

Source: easycdg

The joint 2E-L gates & 2F stop would seem to be at the 2E-L gates; from that point, one would use the moving walkway to 2F.

Note that for transfer within 2E (between K gates, L gates and M gates), the VAL automated shuttle remains the best option with the ride lasting 45s between stations and a shuttle every 2mn.

Last edited by JOUY31; Oct 22, 2012 at 10:04 am
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:44 am

Hello again JOUY31.

At the AF DO, they showed us a map that showed a dedicated connection between 2F and 2E, which was supposed to ease connections between the two, and the plan was supposed to be completed by this October. Do you know if this has happened yet?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Hello again JOUY31.

At the AF DO, they showed us a map that showed a dedicated connection between 2F and 2E, which was supposed to ease connections between the two, and the plan was supposed to be completed by this October. Do you know if this has happened yet?
Hello TrojanTraveler ,

The airside passageway between 2F and 2E (K gates) is scheduled to open in December.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Hello TrojanTraveler ,

The airside passageway between 2F and 2E (K gates) is scheduled to open in December.
Thanks for the update, JOUY31!

I don't have a 2F to 2E connection until early next year, so am looking forward to the passageway.

I have my first 2E to 2E connection (since the M concourse opened) at the end of next month, so hope to get a better glimpse of the club in M that we got at the DO...
Old Oct 24, 2012, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
...I don't have a 2F to 2E connection until early next year, so am looking forward to the passageway....
Even now, before the advent of the passageway, 2F to 2E (K) is relatively quick (see my post #378 above). It will be even better when they eliminate the security search.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 6:53 am

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
For anyone who is traveling right now, beware that the transfer from 2F to the buses to G, L and M in 2E is a nightmare. I flew yesterday and the immigration check points are still under construction, meaning that there is constant drilling and building material blocking the way. Half the windows were closed ("understaffed" said the lone security guard who was doing what he could, which was not very much, to perform crowd control). Accès N° 1 still took close to half an hour. In retrospect, I should have probably joined the stampede in the non-priority lines and pushed my way to the front. Of course, during all that time, not a single announcement was made and no effort was made to help people with immediate departures. As it was, I was among the last to board my connecting flight. I would have really liked a few minutes to look around the shops and lounge in M, but there was no time. Ah, well. Maybe next time.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure what is happening here . Why bother with a bus?

Why not just walk over to the connecting train in 2E for the L and M gates? If that channel is available, the walk is less than 10 minutes plus the time for one security screening. Then you are on a train and trains are usually much faster than buses. I made 2F to the 2E M lounge on the last day of August in less than 30 minutes.

Of course, I don't know if that channel has been closed due to construction since the last time I used it six weeks ago.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:55 am

The airside bus is useful only for connections to 2G IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.