Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Paris (CDG): The Definitive Thread

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Paris (CDG): The Definitive Thread

Old Feb 15, 2005, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL PM MM
CDG connection from DL to AF

I am flying DL Bus Elite on flight #50 ATL to CDG. It arrives at 9:45A.
I connect to AF #7702 to NCE departing at 10:35A.

It is an award ticket, and is all I could get. Because the connection time is only 50 minutes, I want to find out which terminals I arrive in & depart from. How do you find that out?

I would like to figure out the "route" I have to take for the connection, and see if my carryon and I can run it to make the flight.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 1:56 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
AF flight 7702 departs from CDG 2F1 (the Schengen peninsula of Terminal 2F).
DL flight 50 arrives in Terminal 2C.

The information can be accessed through www.amadeus.net or www.adp.fr

You should clear immigration in 2C, walk over to the Sheraton hotel which is above the TGV station and then to 2F1 where you will have to go through security. Walking from 2C once you are landside to 2F1 should take no more than 10mn.

Good luck !

Last edited by JOUY31; Feb 15, 2005 at 2:43 pm
Old Feb 15, 2005, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
It is a VERY easy connection. You can walk it in a few minutes or take the escalator down to a shuttle bus that loops the terminals planeside. Terminal 2C is nice, but once you get to 2F, enjoy what is one of the most incredible spaces in any airport as you wait for your flight. Have a great trip.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Good Luck is right! You'll need it. DL50 almost always parks at a remote stand - depending on which parking spot you get - it could take anywhere from 7 to 15 minutes to get from your aircraft to Terminal 2C. Then at 2C, hopefully you won't encounter the crowds at immigration - if so, avoid the lines that seem to have many African or Asian passengers (not being racist here but the French immig. authorities tend to scrutinize those passports in particular). Another thing that would help is making sure that you already have your onward AF CDG-NCE boarding pass already when you check in at ATL.

Good Luck!
Old Feb 15, 2005, 10:55 pm

I remember doing this a year or so ago and I caught the transfer bus as soon as I got to 2C and there were immigration/customs booths at 2F when I got off the bus and nobody in line. After clearing, one goes right up to the gates for departure with the connecting flight. It all seemed to go really fast but I don't know if these procedures are the same. I am doing it again this weekend, however, and I will report back how it went.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 11:53 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by SFO voyageur
I remember doing this a year or so ago and I caught the transfer bus as soon as I got to 2C and there were immigration/customs booths at 2F when I got off the bus and nobody in line. After clearing, one goes right up to the gates for departure with the connecting flight. It all seemed to go really fast but I don't know if these procedures are the same. I am doing it again this weekend, however, and I will report back how it went.
You are quite right. This is also possible. It depends on the respective lengths of the immigration lines at 2C (which you can see) and at 2F2 (which you must take a bet on !).
Old Dec 4, 2005, 2:36 pm

Programs: NW/DL Plat->Gold->Silver, AA EXP 1MM
Legal connection times in CDG?

Several weeks ago we had were on WP award tickets DTW-CDG-LYS and TLS-CDG-DTW, all on AF metal. Connection times in CDG in both directions were one hour. Called AF to inquire and they assured me that was ample.

Now have WP award tickets on NW and AF: DTW-CDG-MAD and return. Connection times 3 and 4 hours. Much more convenient AF flights CDG-MAD-CDG are available, but only allow 1 hour 25 minutes for connection in CDG each way.

NW says their computer insists on 2 hours for a legal connection. Can a NW supervisor overide the computer?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NWAOldtimer
Several weeks ago we had were on WP award tickets DTW-CDG-LYS and TLS-CDG-DTW, all on AF metal. Connection times in CDG in both directions were one hour. Called AF to inquire and they assured me that was ample.

Now have WP award tickets on NW and AF: DTW-CDG-MAD and return. Connection times 3 and 4 hours. Much more convenient AF flights CDG-MAD-CDG are available, but only allow 1 hour 25 minutes for connection in CDG each way.

NW says their computer insists on 2 hours for a legal connection. Can a NW supervisor overide the computer?
Having done AF-NW connections in CDG, 1.25 h is fine if the flights are on time. I have no idea if NW can overwrite the 2h limit, actually, my flight in August had a 1.50h connection (NW ticket). If the NW flight is still using that terrible 2E outside terminal, you you might want to have some extra time; 3h is not so bad, the AF lounges serve Champagne and your Plat card will let you in.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 4:44 pm

Programs: NW Plat, UAL 1K
I've been able to get them to allow under 2hrs, but if your timing is wrong it can really be pushing it do an 1 1/2 with the damn bus ride and rescreening.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 5:10 pm

Cdg

I just got back from CDG and the screening is almost ridiculous! Don't worry about the bus from 2E, it makes 3 trips to a plane that is walking distance, and I am not kidding! We made a left, then another left and stopped right there. There is airport screening, 2 times, then they screen you again at the boarding gate! Detroit WC is wonderfu, I am sitting by A56-??, quiet, nice :-)
Old Dec 4, 2005, 6:13 pm

Programs: NW/DL Plat->Gold->Silver, AA EXP 1MM
Thanks all. I too had a long and time-consuming connection to 2E, so I can appreciate that extra time might be needed. Guess I'll let things stay as they are.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by cfischer
If the NW flight is still using that terrible 2E outside terminal, you you might want to have some extra time; 3h is not so bad, the AF lounges serve Champagne and your Plat card will let you in.
So we can arrive fairly sloshed next weekend? Any other good lounge recommendations for CDG?

The spousal unit & I are flying MSP-DTW-CDG-ATH next Sat./Sun, scheduled for 2 hours & 5 mins. in CDG around noon Sunday.

Mike in Mpls.

Apologist at Large

Last edited by MikeMpls; Dec 4, 2005 at 6:59 pm
Old Jan 8, 2006, 6:33 pm
jvs

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
CDG connection

On 1/18/06 I am traveling from FCO-CDG-ATL. The FCO CDG segment is on AF 8501 connecting to DL 51, question is I only have 70 minutes in CDG to make this connection. Any advice? Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2006, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
If your FCO-CDG flight is on time, it will be a little tight, but quite makable. The difficult part is reclearing security after arrival.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 8:57 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, and major hotels
Originally Posted by PMMMDL
The difficult part is reclearing security after arrival.
Very true, but one strategy is to first try to reclear security airside, for some connections it can be pretty fast depending on time of day. But, if this is really long, it can be worth your while to:
a) go landside, get to your terminal, then go back in. This seems funny, but it all has to do with the ratio of agents/machines to incoming passengers. They tend to be particularly bad airside (I recall going to 2C and 2F as being horrible).
b) wait in the airside line, if it gets real close to your boarding time, find and beg an agent to let you jump the queue, "mais monsieur, ca fait une heure que j'attends et je vais manquer ma correspondance" (Which is probably why it is so slow)

No guarantee, but I have made shorter connections. I'm usually more worried than actually late.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.