Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
October 2018
BWI-SLC-ASE round trip in First all segments
25,000 miles +$11.20
PV_Premier and t1c like this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by tearex
RDU-ATL-NRT
NRT-SEA-RDU

In Y, 60k + $50 pp, during estimated peak cherry blossom time. We elected to do points + miles instead for 45k + $331 pp.
You spent $270 to save 15K RDMs?

Delta saw you coming.
CO-PLAT, spin2nd and Duke787 like this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:22 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Any idea how to get Air Tahiti Nui award? I've been trying a couple of times and the agents do see it being available for miles, but when they try to confirm it, it becomes unavailable. Getting a bit frustrated with these false hope situations....
I was told that it is the DL system not communicating properly with the TN system....any tips are very much welcomed...
[AF and HA seems to be not releasing seats to DL - so I am only left with one option to get to PPT]

Cheers!
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Any idea how to get Air Tahiti Nui award? I've been trying a couple of times and the agents do see it being available for miles, but when they try to confirm it, it becomes unavailable. Getting a bit frustrated with these false hope situations....
I was told that it is the DL system not communicating properly with the TN system....any tips are very much welcomed...
[AF and HA seems to be not releasing seats to DL - so I am only left with one option to get to PPT]

Cheers!

​​​​​​​You need to Long Sell it. Make sure they know that. Also you have to be VERY careful. If an agent messes it up after long selling, the space is gone and it IS NOT coming back. Many years ago when SkyCrap was more valuable, an agent screwed up and lost me a second seat on an ATN flight to LAX in Business. My companion ended up flying in Economy cause that 2nd seat NEVER came back.

Last edited by DLATL777; Oct 24, 2018 at 2:42 pm
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Cheers!
HA to PPT is available (well at 331 days out at least, but gets snapped up pretty quickly), but DL is blocking all HA awards other than inter-island. You cannot redeem, or earn, SkyMiles on any HA flights that fly outside of the State of Hawaii. So, no point for you to even search for HNL-PPT. It is bookable under HA, AA, VS, JL, and I think a few other FFPs, but not under DL.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by WWads
35.5K miles for a domestic economy award. Sucks, except for the fact that it's for Easter weekend and the cash price is $740.
That is slightly north of 2 cents per miles, which is what I'd call acceptable nowadays. Besides, how is WWads supposed to drink 35k in booze at the Skyclub lux bar?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: HHonors
140k miles + $50 tax
MSP - HND
HND - MSP - ATL

D1 Suites 777 in April '19
Was same cost from Atl but I'm spending the weekend in MSP.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I booked 4 seats in VS UP from JFK-LHR for 75k miles and $5.60 each. Unfortunately one of the better values available with Delta miles
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
I booked a first class nearly transcon (but not Delta One transcons) roundtrip for 25K miles + $11.60.

Just to make sure - it is booked in 'RR' class - award tickets booked in First Class are eligible for SDC without a reprice? I am certain of the first part per the rules, but just making sure if I want the flexibility and have the SDC fee waiver as a DM, that I can call 24 hours before and SDC to any other First Class itinerary for that route that has an available seat (no weird routings, and no Delta One).

Thanks.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:11 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
I booked a first class nearly transcon (but not Delta One transcons) roundtrip for 25K miles + $11.60.

Just to make sure - it is booked in 'RR' class - award tickets booked in First Class are eligible for SDC without a reprice? I am certain of the first part per the rules, but just making sure if I want the flexibility and have the SDC fee waiver as a DM, that I can call 24 hours before and SDC to any other First Class itinerary for that route that has an available seat (no weird routings, and no Delta One).

Thanks.
That's the policy -- I can't remember if I've done this personally, but an F award still counts as a premium cabin fare and should be able to SDC according to the premium cabin rules.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Zorak
That's the policy -- I can't remember if I've done this personally, but an F award still counts as a premium cabin fare and should be able to SDC according to the premium cabin rules.
This is what phone agents have told me - and I've done it on RUCs and paid F before - but wanted to make sure someone on a domestic F award had done it successfully recently too.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Got 2x nonstop SFO-JFK in Y for 9k each. They immediately upped to C+ so not a bad result. Cash fare was only $180 but I was feeling cheap and I don’t need the MQM. D1 was available for 54k one way (cash was $659)
Duke787 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Got 2x nonstop SFO-JFK in Y for 9k each. They immediately upped to C+ so not a bad result. Cash fare was only $180 but I was feeling cheap and I don’t need the MQM. D1 was available for 54k one way (cash was $659)
I would have done the same opting for coach over D1 based on the price
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by btonkid12345

Thanks.
Correct.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by MarkP24
I would have done the same opting for coach over D1 based on the price
don’t worry. The super logical FCM offer is $924
MarkP24 and strickerj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.