FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Award Ticket Success - Post It Here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/483860-award-ticket-success-post-here.html)

CO-PLAT Feb 27, 2020 10:40 pm

I had PDX-SEA-ICN and return booked in PS for 128,000 miles round trip. Every so often I check to see if its priced any lower. Today I found the same dates (Sep/Oct) for 108,000 routing PDX-MSP-ICN + ICN-SEA-PDX. Not too excited about going backwards through MSP, but for a 40,000 miles savings(wife & I) we booked it. Now I just have to wait for a schedule change to try and get back on the PDX-SEA-ICN for free.

xliioper Feb 27, 2020 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT (Post 32121465)
I had PDX-SEA-ICN and return booked in PS for 128,000 miles round trip. Every so often I check to see if its priced any lower. Today I found the same dates (Sep/Oct) for 108,000 routing PDX-MSP-ICN + ICN-SEA-PDX. Not too excited about going backwards through MSP, but for a 40,000 miles savings(wife & I) we booked it. Now I just have to wait for a schedule change to try and get back on the PDX-SEA-ICN for free.

They've been heavily discounting Asia awards. US-TYO D1 awards are available from 90K roundtrip from a number of cities -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...ggestions.html
You can do SEA/PDX - ICN for 120K roundtrip in D1. The award levels are good for flights on/before May 31st. The TYO D1 awards are good for flights on/before June 30th.

alanstar Feb 28, 2020 6:04 am

One-way BOS-CDG-OSL in European Business for 75K. Not an amazing deal, but probably about as low as it gets for the most part. Lie-flat beds on AF.

I originally had this flight booked on UA in coach for 30k, but decided I'm worth the upgrade! :)

xliioper Feb 28, 2020 8:23 am

Originally Posted by alanstar (Post 32122221)
One-way BOS-CDG-OSL in European Business for 75K. Not an amazing deal, but probably about as low as it gets for the most part. Lie-flat beds on AF.

I originally had this flight booked on UA in coach for 30k, but decided I'm worth the upgrade! :)

Yes, that is the standard AF/KL/AZ 60-day advance business award which has been 75K for a couple years or so (awards booked closer-in are higher amounts, but it is generally very hard to find availability closer-in). VS 60-day advance to UK are 86K one-way, but you can actually connect through LHR on VS to EU sometimes and those are 75K (like AF/KL/AZ). DL normal low-level D1 EU awards are 80K one-way with 90-day advance requirement, but they will sometimes have roundtrip award sales from 99K to 128K roundtrip ( a roundtrip booking is required with a Sat night stay to qualify for these).

CO-PLAT Feb 28, 2020 9:24 am

Originally Posted by xliioper (Post 32121576)
They've been heavily discounting Asia awards. US-TYO D1 awards are available from 90K roundtrip from a number of cities -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...ggestions.html
You can do SEA/PDX - ICN for 120K roundtrip in D1. The award levels are good for flights on/before May 31st. The TYO D1 awards are good for flights on/before June 30th.

I had two PDX-TYO economy (upgraded to C+ on booking) awards booked for 34K roundtrip in March. Ended up cancelling both.

Unfortunately, I don't want to go to ICN prior to the expiration of these great D1 deals.

Duke787 Mar 7, 2020 11:31 pm

15.5k/person x2 for RDU - CUN RT in Y (with PM upgrades to C+ at booking).

No complaints on that redemption -- made better because the outbound contains the 1x/week RDU - CUN direct (and we were able to snag 26 E/F on the A321, obviously declined the C+ on that one since 26 E/F is better than everything but 13 E/F which was already taken).

Now trying to figure out how to get an attractive RDU - JNB D1 redemption (obviously on AF/KLM or VS since the DL flight will never be reasonable).

flyerCO Mar 7, 2020 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787 (Post 32155482)
15.5k/person x2 for RDU - CUN RT in Y (with PM upgrades to C+ at booking).

No complaints on that redemption -- made better because the outbound contains the 1x/week RDU - CUN direct (and we were able to snag 26 E/F on the A321, obviously declined the C+ on that one since 26 E/F is better than everything but 13 E/F which was already taken).

Now trying to figure out how to get an attractive RDU - JNB D1 redemption (obviously on AF/KLM or VS since the DL flight will never be reasonable).

You will likely need to look at somewhere you can depart on AF/KL/VS direct to Europe. I recommend KL as the JNB flight is mid morning. Thus no waiting around all day for an 1800-0000 departure.
if you know when you're looking to travel, PM me. I'm happy to help as JNB/CPT is generally what my miles are used for.

CMK10 Nov 20, 2020 4:25 pm

115,000 SM for CPT-LHR-JFK-RDU in Upper Class on Virgin for the first two flights and DL F for JFK-RDU. It's on the date I want too (12/30).

KRUXED Nov 25, 2020 5:45 am

Used our Skymiles for two coach seats to Papeete on Air Tahiti Nui. 45,000 each direction. Lots of partner award availability on TN currently!

slappychasez Nov 25, 2020 8:18 am

Booked 2x 115,000 SkyMiles for JFK-LHR-CDG-MLE for J on desired date only 2 months in advance, flying on the newer VS A350-1000, then the rest AF. Exciting! Only $70 in taxes PP.

nwncl Nov 25, 2020 12:19 pm

105k Upper MIA-LHR, LHR-CDG-IST AF Business, $73.90. Works perfect with a long layover in London so I can drop luggage off. One way.

Billy Mumphrey Mar 11, 2021 7:27 am

Booked 4 seats in J to South Africa in December. IAD-AMS-CPT-AMS-IAD with good layovers. 230k and $90 per person. Hopefully the country will be open for tourism then and we can actually travel.

DLATL777 Mar 11, 2021 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey (Post 33093028)
Booked 4 seats in J to South Africa in December. IAD-AMS-CPT-AMS-IAD with good layovers. 230k and $90 per person. Hopefully the country will be open for tourism then and we can actually travel.

Its 100% open now and has been for over a month.

Billy Mumphrey Mar 11, 2021 8:56 am

Originally Posted by DLATL777 (Post 33093096)
Its 100% open now and has been for over a month.

Yes, I saw that too and am cautiously optimistic. But several countries have opened only to later close, so I know it's not a sure thing so far in the future.

vinnmann Mar 18, 2021 12:10 pm

Got 2 seats MCO-BOS-MCO over Memorial Day weekend in F for 39k miles and $11.20 each.