Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My favorite domestic cider comes from a small cidery in a storefront in a small village in the far northern part of Door County (Wisconsin, the peninsula to the northeast of Greewn Bay). They make about five varieties of French style cider using apples from a small island in the lake. They also offer a pear cider, also using local fruit. The apple versions are very distinctive and interesting, not at all sweet, and are perfect instead of wine with simple rotisserie chicken or roast pork, for example.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:41 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Morning, Lounge!
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Happy brunch y’all!

My parents are taking the whole family on a river cruise next year and plane tickets are through Viking. Tickets are showing up as V fare class in my Delta account so does that mean I get normal MQMs for the ticket?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can you see the fare code? If so, is there a slash about six numbers and letters after the V, probably followed by four letters? If the answer is yes, the parents have bulk fares and the rules for special tickets would apply, which is what I would expect for cruise line tickets. Another check is whether you can see a fare amount on the ticket receipt.

You might also try to find the V fare that was apparently used on EF if you know the amount that was paid.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
This was a new one for me -- did an SDC yesterday to add a segment, since I wasn't in any particular hurry and this way I will requal for DM faster

I've had a pretty long, exhausting last week or two, and so other than making a bit of small talk with my seatmate I was in an eyes-closed-but-not-quite-asleep state as soon as I sat down in my seat for the second flight. I was vaguely aware of us pushing back, then I felt us moving forward, then we jolted to a halt again and I opened my eyes to see us back at the gate, and the FA called for "prepare doors for arrival". Jokes were made, "that was fast!" etc.

The pilot then announced that we had "popped" a tire on pushback but that it should be a relatively quick fix. A few minutes later he came on again to say that actually, make that two tires. I started having second thoughts about my SDC

Ultimately we were delayed by about an hour, which wasn't two too tiresome all things considered. Better to discover this problem on pushback than at takeoff or landing!
"Tiresome" - never miss a chance to be punny.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 3:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
"Tiresome" - never miss a chance to be punny.
I thought I should tread carefully.

My LAS-SJC flight is delayed to 15:27. A flight to SAN is delayed to 15:07 but from the same gate. I queried the GA who acted like everything was fine: "Yup, one plane leaves and then the next one comes in, that's how it works"
Old Sep 23, 2018, 3:18 pm

My LAS-SJC flight is delayed to 15:27. A flight to SAN is delayed to 15:07 but from the same gate. I queried the GA who acted like everything was fine: "Yup, one plane leaves and then the next one comes in, that's how it works"
Is this her first day working as a GA or did she just want to get rid of you?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this her first day working as a GA or did she just want to get rid of you?
The GA in question is male and maybe, but it seemed like he might really thought everything was ok. Shrug.

EDIT: they're committing to this, he was joined by another GA confirming she was working the SJC flight while her colleague would handle SAN from the same podium, both flights are full, gate check yada yada.

SAN inbound just arrived, guess we'll see how fast they can turn it around.

(FR24 shows SJC inbound on final, so they'd better hurry! )

EDIT #2 : as they were deplaning SAN, they announced that the pilot has reported an MX issue that needed to be addressed. Followed 15 seconds later by our gate change announcement

Last edited by Zorak; Sep 23, 2018 at 3:52 pm
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:09 pm

I received my first TSA nebby note yesterday. Mr. KIpper has received several through his travels, but this was a first for me. I assume it was prompted by the alcohol in my luggage.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
I received my first TSA nebby note yesterday. Mr. KIpper has received several through his travels, but this was a first for me. I assume it was prompted by the alcohol in my luggage.
Hope they didn't steal any!
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat

We could go round and round but it wheely would rubber me the wrong way. Thus I have spoken.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:01 am

We could go round and round but it wheely would rubber me the wrong way. Thus I have spoken.
Does your name start with a Z? [Reference to Thus Spoke Z....]
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!
/waves at Howste from SLC
Hi Zorak. Maybe I can wave to you when I'm at SJC in November.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
...wasn't two too tiresome all things considered.
I hope that you'll keep rolling out the flat tire puns because it will spare me the trouble. But there's no pressure.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:15 am

Hope they didn't steal any!
No, all of it was still there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.