Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by kipper
It's amazing how that works, isn't it?
Yes, but it directly contradicts Einstein's theory of relativity. The ones doing the high-speed travel weren't supposed to age as fast as the ones who stayed home...
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Howste
Yes, but it directly contradicts Einstein's theory of relativity. The ones doing the high-speed travel weren't supposed to age as fast as the ones who stayed home...
You think Einstein understood women?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 6:25 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Is that Chisolm?
Yup! ^

David
Old Mar 5, 2013, 6:46 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Clearly we have a multivariate equation in play here that's not adequately described by E=MC².
Old Mar 5, 2013, 6:47 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
From the way he looks. I would guess so.

But then again, women don't seem to understand women either.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Howste
Clearly we have a multivariate equation in play here that's not adequately described by E=MC².

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
From the way he looks. I would guess so.

But then again, women don't seem to understand women either.
Why would we bother with that?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 10:59 am

Found out that I'm not getting a final interview for a job with a nonprofit. I've volunteered with the nonprofit for 6 years, interviewed for a position that seemed well suited for my skills, and was told that they feel I don't have the experience they want, yet I have the knowledge of their programs, which the other candidates do not have.

I'm feeling like I should just run away!
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Found out that I'm not getting a final interview for a job with a nonprofit. I've volunteered with the nonprofit for 6 years, interviewed for a position that seemed well suited for my skills, and was told that they feel I don't have the experience they want, yet I have the knowledge of their programs, which the other candidates do not have.

Tell them thanks, you've enjoyed your time volunteering, but since they don't feel that your services are valuable, you'll be volunteering somewhere else where your services are appreciated.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by jackal
Tell them thanks, you've enjoyed your time volunteering, but since they don't feel that your services are valuable, you'll be volunteering somewhere else where your services are appreciated.
I'm leaning towards that. I've already backed out of one thing they asked me to do, citing work. However, depending on the response I receive to my email, I may tell them that I'm done volunteering for them completely, basically how you've phrased it.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Greetings from the 3 South SC at JFK. Don't know if it is normal but time from DL 87 Jetway to SC took ~ 30 min. No lines at customs or security.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Greetings from the 3 South SC at JFK. Don't know if it is normal but time from DL 87 Jetway to SC took ~ 30 min. No lines at customs or security.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Ouch.

This is sounding like a Dilbert cartoon. Except of course that it's not funny.

David
Old Mar 5, 2013, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats

You have already established that you will work for free, and they're not willing to renegotiate the price.

There are plenty of other nonprofits where you can volunteer.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Looks like I will probably be driving home for spring break in the snow. It looks like classes may be cancelled Thursday, and if that's the case I'll be going as soon as the cancellation notice is sent out.

Best of luck to anyone trying to fly during the storm. I am thankful that this storm isn't happening on Monday (but if it was next Friday I wouldn't be complaining)
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I'm leaning towards that. I've already backed out of one thing they asked me to do, citing work. However, depending on the response I receive to my email, I may tell them that I'm done volunteering for them completely, basically how you've phrased it.
On the other hand, advice was once (and actually, again, recently, by some good friends) given to me that as good as it may feel at the time, it is wiser in the long run to avoid burning bridges. Perhaps leaving off the part about your services not being valued and going somewhere where they will be valued might be better for you in the long run.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.