Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by kipper

That is a victory. If only Mr. Kipper would change our TV to basketball...
What's more important/interesting/entertaining than basketball this time of year?! Kind of sounds like you're the one who needs to train the mr.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by JoelThomas
What's more important/interesting/entertaining than basketball this time of year?! Kind of sounds like you're the one who needs to train the mr.
If only there was some sort of instruction manual for you. Maybe a "How to Train Your (Mr.) Kipper"
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Over in the UA forum, there are currently three very active threads about United's dog problems in the news this week: the French bulldog that died in flight after a FA insisted that its carrier be placed in an overhead bin, the elderly German Shepherd that was mistakenly shipped to Tokyo rather than Kansas, and another dog placed on the wrong flight that resulted in a diversion to drop it off at its destination. The stories are sad and pathetic, but some of the comments (in the latter two threads, that are also shorter) are really funny. Enjoy!
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:35 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
MAEN! had to get up before 6 to drop mom off at SFO (she's very conservative with airport arrival times :-/) going back to bed now
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:01 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I do need to train him, but I can't complain too much, because he's been great at taking care of me throughout my knee ordeal.
If only there was some sort of instruction manual for you. Maybe a "How to Train Your (Mr.) Kipper"
LOL
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Over in the UA forum, there are currently three very active threads about United's dog problems in the news this week: the French bulldog that died in flight after a FA insisted that its carrier be placed in an overhead bin, the elderly German Shepherd that was mistakenly shipped to Tokyo rather than Kansas, and another dog placed on the wrong flight that resulted in a diversion to drop it off at its destination. The stories are sad and pathetic, but some of the comments (in the latter two threads, that are also shorter) are really funny. Enjoy!
I can't believe the passengers on the flight with the French bulldog didn't question the FA and allowed it to happen.
Originally Posted by Zorak
MAEN! had to get up before 6 to drop mom off at SFO (she's very conservative with airport arrival times :-/) going back to bed now
Morning! When are you headed back out this way?
synergistic likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:49 am

I can't believe the passengers on the flight with the French bulldog didn't question the FA and allowed it to happen.
That is exactly my complaint - I would not have the balls to post about that situation on social media if I'd seriously sat there for hours letting that play out. Even if I'd been stunned into temporary submission when the owner acquiesced... Seatbelt sign or not, I'd have come up with an excuse to go through the overhead bin. No amount of FA glaring would have guilted me into sitting back down until I'd tried to talk broken Spanish to put the dog at MY feet at least until descent. The owner might have had a language issue, and might not be a frequent traveler, but even my confrontation hating arse would have been fighting that directive on her behalf. I cannot understand how noone even opened the overhead bin until after landing.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic
That is exactly my complaint - I would not have the balls to post about that situation on social media if I'd seriously sat there for hours letting that play out. Even if I'd been stunned into temporary submission when the owner acquiesced... Seatbelt sign or not, I'd have come up with an excuse to go through the overhead bin. No amount of FA glaring would have guilted me into sitting back down until I'd tried to talk broken Spanish to put the dog at MY feet at least until descent. The owner might have had a language issue, and might not be a frequent traveler, but even my confrontation hating arse would have been fighting that directive on her behalf. I cannot understand how noone even opened the overhead bin until after landing.
Had I been on the flight, I might have forced an emergency landing, but the dog wouldn't have been in the overhead bin for long.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Morning! When are you headed back out this way?
Unclear; I'm in the process of changing jobs, and it will depend a lot on how that settles out.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Thanks to a schedule change, I should be able to hop on the A350 DTW-AMS. Problem is that the flight gets in at 0600. Not sure if I want that, but it'll be hard to pass up getting to try the A350.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Mar 17, 2018 at 6:37 pm
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:04 pm

Unclear; I'm in the process of changing jobs, and it will depend a lot on how that settles out.
Good job change or not?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:55 pm

Good job change or not?
It's an amicable parting... just kinda need a change of scenery.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:00 am

There was apparently one Powerball grand prize winner tonight in PA.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 5:56 am

It's an amicable parting... just kinda need a change of scenery.
I can understand that.
Shh! You weren't supposed to tell.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Yeah, it is a real PITA.

I spent a week in Vegas and then decided that on my way back to Israel I wanted a real cheesesteak sandwich and the only place to get it is Philly. After eating, as a lark I bought a Powerball ticket. Now I have to fly back there to claim my prize.
miraclebear2003 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster
Yeah, it is a real PITA.

I spent a week in Vegas and then decided that on my way back to Israel I wanted a real cheesesteak sandwich and the only place to get it is Philly. After eating, as a lark I bought a Powerball ticket. Now I have to fly back there to claim my prize.
Just send it to me. I'll collect it and send most of it to youl

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.