SkyPriority Designated Carousel in MNL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2013, 8:06 am
Used to be FlyingMedallionDL
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Delta Reserve and 1.2 MM
SkyPriority Designated Carousel in MNL

Hi all,
I just noticed a pleasant surprise in Manila last night. They designated some carousels for SkyPriority tagged baggage quite similar to what foreign carriers have done in other stations. My bag came out among the first 5 bags, so technically it received priority within the priority carousel. Thumbs up to Delta. Another reason I'm staying put with DL.

It seems DL is taking the world by storm with all these enhancements.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
I'd love to see this in some domestic airports!
Old Dec 22, 2013, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
This is a good enhancement.

They had baggage staff pulling the yellow tagged bags off in an area near the T1 customs counters before.

I find DL 629 NGO MNL flight is consistent with yellow tags out first where as DL173 due to multiple connections at NRT is less organized with the yellow tags out first.

I think 629 has all the yellow tagged bags in the first to unload containers from DTW where as NRT operation require 173 MNL bags from the inbound flights be in the same containers, yellow tags or not to make the transfer at NRT. It seemed to me that bags come out for 173 in batches depending on their US original departure point to NRT.

There is no rhyme or reason behind which inbound flight's bags gets unloaded first. But JFK departure for MNL seems to be the last batch out most of the time.

Last edited by tentseller; Dec 22, 2013 at 9:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.