FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/423426-delta-air-lines-elite-status-match-challenge-definitive-thread.html)

indufan Jan 3, 2005 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by JLM_USAIR
My thoughts have been Deltas program is the best out there, other than US.

Now it's been a while since we have heard that.

dspringer28 Jan 3, 2005 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
Now it's been a while since we have heard that.

I think were going to hear quite a bit more of it. Delta has started to pull a very successful 180 in the last month and I think they are well on there way! ^

Fletch Jan 4, 2005 9:01 am

Been there

I am currently on a challange from Delta. I faxed in my Chairman's Perferred info from US and they could have cared less how much I fly. Not even Silver is given away.

At first I rejected that challange an planned to stick with the US/UA combo. But, since I just moved to Atlanta I'll have to suck it up and sit in the back of the bus for 8,000 miles (as long as they're not L,U,T fares which do not count). Also bought a ticket in first but the bonus mqm don't count towards the challange.

It's hands down the worst status match program in history.

pitflyer Jan 4, 2005 9:11 am

I was comped DL Gold based on AA Plat (even comp). However, my TA was involved.

McFlyPHL Jan 4, 2005 9:46 am

Originally Posted by JLM_USAIR
This looks like it is turning into the USAirways TO Delta Comp thread.... I drafted a letter today and will fax this evening, I wish they had a phone number. My thoughts have been Deltas program is the best out there, other than US. I am probably going to go from Bottom tier to Top this year, but for now I am concerned with what the little guys get.

Does that make us the rats deserting the sinking ship? :D

For me, it's either going to be AA or DL from here out - AA offered 10k in 90 days for Plat (the standard challenge, I think). Hopefully DL will get something back to me soon - my flying this year looks to be about 5k a week, so either challenge wouldn't take too long.

... I just feel for the poor soul stuck next to me in the back of the bus because at a big 6'6", I'm gonna be a squirmer! :p

dspringer28 Jan 4, 2005 11:28 am

Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
Does that make us the rats deserting the sinking ship? :D

For me, it's either going to be AA or DL from here out - AA offered 10k in 90 days for Plat (the standard challenge, I think). Hopefully DL will get something back to me soon - my flying this year looks to be about 5k a week, so either challenge wouldn't take too long.

... I just feel for the poor soul stuck next to me in the back of the bus because at a big 6'6", I'm gonna be a squirmer! :p

Be careful with the AA challange, it's 10K points. So if you fly cheap, it's 20k miles.

DannyP Jan 12, 2005 8:36 pm

Status match

What is the general Delta policy on this? Thanks.

CelticFlyer Jan 12, 2005 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by DannyP
What is the general Delta policy on this? Thanks.

Have you tried searching the forum? The "Search This Forum" button appears top right when you are listing threads from the forum.

Sluggy58 Jan 25, 2005 9:28 am

Who has heard back recently from Delta?

Just curious how long it is taking others to hear from Delta about a match or a challenge. It's been a few weeks for me. Anybody?

JTE Feb 1, 2005 9:18 am

Help with status match? G*9702/16

A friend of mine has tried to get a status match from Delta. After sending the information requested he received a letter dated October 5, 2004 that offered an opportunity to earn silver status by flying 8000 miles and earn gold status by flying 16000 miles by Jan. 31, 2005. He then took a flight from MCO to BKK, around 20,000 miles roundtrip. He has never received status. He has tried to call repeatedly and has been placed on hold for up to 40 minutes. The agent helping him would finally give up and say to try again later. E-mails received standard "thank-you for your e-mail and we will get back to you soon" and no father response. He has also tried Faxing the information and that has not done any better. He has a trip coming up the 16th of next month to BKK and would like to get status before that.
Any advice would be welcome.
Thank-you
Jim

traveler4ever Feb 1, 2005 3:01 pm

Why don't you try posting your question to the "official Delta Helper"? Maybe you can private message him /her with more info and receive some "Official" help ;)

NoStressHere Feb 1, 2005 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by traveler4ever
Why don't you try posting your question to the "official Delta Helper"? Maybe you can private message him /her with more info and receive some "Official" help ;)

BECAUSE - the posting by ODH specifically said they would NOT deal with personal issues.

vasantn Feb 1, 2005 7:47 pm

Are you sure that your friend flew on:

1. DL-coded flights (DL doesn't fly to BKK)?

2. Qualifying fares (IIRC, LUT fares don't count)?

JTE Feb 2, 2005 8:13 am

traveler4ever,
I'm sorry I don't know more about the Delta forum; I usually read the United forum. Maybe the "ODH" will see this post.

vasantn
His flights were,
Delta flight 541 from MCO-Atlanta 10/31/04
Delta flight 7850 from Atlanta -Seoul 10/31/04
Delta flight 7817 from Seoul - Bangkok 11/1/04
Return
Delta flight 7918 from Bkk - Seoul 11/24/04
Delta flight 7851 from Seoul- Atlanta 11/24/04
Delta flight 1097 from Atlanta - MCO 11/24/04

All show booking class Q

The miles posted for all of the flights in his account but has not been given the status match.
Even if there were some problem with the flights not qualifying it would be nice to hear from them.
Thanks for the replies

kiam Feb 2, 2005 12:53 pm

JTE, I just emailed my most favorite Skymiles Rep who may be able to help look into what is going on. Once I get her reply, I will let you know ASAP.

Good luck !! :cool: