Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITA miles for Delta MM / Skymiles?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Question ITA miles for Delta MM / Skymiles?

Hi all - new here with a question. The Delta partners/Skyteam website has the following for ITA:

"Beginning with travel on January 1, 2024, SkyMiles Members can earn miles and earn towards Medallion Status on ITA Airways-marketed, ITA Airways operated flights based on the percentages in the table below, multiplied by the flight distance*."

However, down below in a footnote it says the following:

"1) Delta-marketed, ITA Airways operated flights will be denoted by the DL*/AZ airline code. Please note, earn is temporarily unavailable on ITA Airways-marketed, ITA Airways-operated flights denoted by AZ*/AZ airline code. Additionally, SkyTeam Elite and Elite Plus benefits will be temporarily unavailable on ITA Airways-operated flights."

These two sentences in the same section on the same webpage contradict each other.

Question: Anyone know if ITA marketed, ITA operated flights will accrue sky miles and BIS miles for MM?

Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lexdales
Hi all - new here with a question. The Delta partners/Skyteam website has the following for ITA:

"Beginning with travel on January 1, 2024, SkyMiles Members can earn miles and earn towards Medallion Status on ITA Airways-marketed, ITA Airways operated flights based on the percentages in the table below, multiplied by the flight distance*."

However, down below in a footnote it says the following:

"1) Delta-marketed, ITA Airways operated flights will be denoted by the DL*/AZ airline code. Please note, earn is temporarily unavailable on ITA Airways-marketed, ITA Airways-operated flights denoted by AZ*/AZ airline code. Additionally, SkyTeam Elite and Elite Plus benefits will be temporarily unavailable on ITA Airways-operated flights."

These two sentences in the same section on the same webpage contradict each other.

Question: Anyone know if ITA marketed, ITA operated flights will accrue sky miles and BIS miles for MM?

Thanks!
I would interpret "earn is temporarily unavailable..." to mean no RDMs (SkyMiles), no MQDs, and no MM miles. You also won't get any elite benefits (unless possibly if your status is with ITA).
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:28 am

Programs: Diamond DL
i did fly AZ from FCO to BCN two weeks ago
I am DM , i had free seat choice after entering my skymiles. and when doing check in i had 2 baggage instead of one
It was economy ticket bought on Ita website on 10th march
Until now (two weeks passed) nothing appeared in my skymiles activity
After that flight i did one klm and two aeromexico flights, all posted in my account in 2-7 days
MichaelLAX likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Just typical DL not updating the full page.
itamex likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by itamex
i did fly AZ from FCO to BCN two weeks ago
I am DM , i had free seat choice after entering my skymiles. and when doing check in i had 2 baggage instead of one
It was economy ticket bought on Ita website on 10th march
Until now (two weeks passed) nothing appeared in my skymiles activity
After that flight i did one klm and two aeromexico flights, all posted in my account in 2-7 days

TODAY i sent a direct message on twitter delta,with date of flight, ticket number, flight number , asking to check why after two weeks, the ITA fco-bcn wasn't posted in my account (it's only 26MQD, so i was not very worried)
received answer with 2-3 minutes. partners miles can get up to 30 days to be processed, and "Okay, we appreciate your Diamond Medallion SkyMiles loyalty. I was able to confirm that it is pending and you should see the mileage posting within 7 days at most."
Three hours after that message i logged in my delta account and noticed the MQD counter increase, miles counter increase, lifetime counter increased
it was discounted economy (50% miles, 5% MQD)
I think the delta twitter customer service did something because i don't believe it was a coincidence that it was posted today , few hours after the chat, (date of flight 17 march)
My boardin pass correctly showed all DLD info, skypriority too. I had free seat choice (only exit had to pay) immediately after buying, and during checkin 2 bags instead of 1
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by lexdales
Hi all

Thanks!
miles YES
mqd YES
BIS YES
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
What about the other way, is there already a way to put in your ITA number on Delta bookings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.