FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Gold Status for Million Milers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2149612-gold-status-million-milers.html)

SpinzCity Jan 30, 2024 9:38 am

Last week my "2025 Medallion Status Progress" changed from Silver to Gold. To me, that change signifies that I am starting out as Gold on Feb 1st. Down below it then shows how many MQD's I need for Platinum.

Oddly, two weeks ago when my "2025 Medallion Status Progress" still said Silver, the info below also listed how many MQDs I needed to Platinum, which to me suggested that the change was already in the works as it doesn't make sense if you are Silver to be told what you need to make Platinum, skipping Gold altogether.

My "current status" is still Silver, and that won't change till Gold till Feb 1st.

I think the only Million Milers who will not make Gold on Feb. 1st are those who predominantly flew CRJ-200's, as those monstrosities don't count for anything and I am just kidding with this.

dcadwell Jan 30, 2024 10:02 am

Out of curiosity I went ahead and logged into the website. My 2024 Choice Benefits are there so I anticipate it will reflect correctly on 2/1.

Armani Jan 30, 2024 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by SpinzCity (Post 35954976)
Last week my "2025 Medallion Status Progress" changed from Silver to Gold. To me, that change signifies that I am starting out as Gold on Feb 1st. Down below it then shows how many MQD's I need for Platinum.

I think the only Million Milers who will not make Gold on Feb. 1st are those who predominantly flew CRJ-200's, as those monstrosities don't count for anything and I am just kidding with this.

When I originally started flying the CRJ-200's, they were an upgrade to the prop planes that had previously been used on those flights. I actually went to high school with the CEO of Comair who was the first regional carrier to upgrade to jets. I was working in agriculture at the time and was flying into a lot of smaller airports so the CRJ's were a welcome change. After Delta bought Comair, they started replacing a lot of the MD80 flights with CRJ, and any flight over an hour was no fun.

jfulcher Jan 30, 2024 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Armani (Post 35951351)
I received the 'letter from Ed' email on 10/18 regarding changes to the program. This quote was contained in the email regarding million miler status:
'We want our long-term loyalists to know how much you’re truly appreciated. Effective February 1, 2024, we are significantly upgrading annual Complimentary Status achievement levels for all Million Milers.
  • 6M+ from Diamond Medallion to Delta 360°™
  • 5M from Platinum Medallion to Delta 360°™
  • 4M from Platinum Medallion to Diamond Medallion
  • 3M from Gold Medallion to Diamond Medallion
  • 2M from Gold Medallion to Platinum Medallion
  • 1M from Silver Medallion to Gold Medallion
This appears to indicate that my status should be upgraded to Gold since I am a million miler. I haven't seen any indication since then of my status upgrade and nobody in customer service seems to know anything about it. Has Delta changed their mind again?

I earned 1MM on Jan 28 and it already shows as gold even though I only qualified for Silver last year. (intentionally because I knew I'd cross 1MM in January and I wanted to maximize the one time rollover benefit)

jfulcher Jan 30, 2024 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by DLASflyer (Post 35951685)
Interestingly I just made Million Miler and Ed's email template still said lifetime Silver. App correctly says 2024 status Gold Medallion, however. They made a lot of changes this year and it will take some time for everything to be updated.

Same experience - email said silver.

ATOBTTR Jan 30, 2024 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by safigan (Post 35952587)
OK, let's not all get hot and bothered because OP jumped the gun. I think OP just wants some reassurance. Given DL's track record, that's understandable and relatable.

OP's concern is certainly understandable. Unfortunately, no one here can provide exact assurance that OP is probably looking for. But we now have less than 36 hours to wait and find out and for sure (for those who are expecting a bump up in status based on MM status) and, if things don't look right on 1 February (or maybe within a few days if there's not an urgent need for the status) then one should reach out to DL to ask.

At least the various data points point to DL having this one sorted out. Those of us who have MM status are seeing it reflected in our status tracker as our 2025 status already and show the next status level up as what we are working towards (in my case I show my 2025 status as GM and am working towards PM).

xliioper Jan 30, 2024 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by jfulcher (Post 35955748)
Same experience - email said silver.

Are we looking at the same email? Here's all it says about future MM status levels in my 10/18 letter from Ed. There's nothing personal about it except listing my Skymiles number, current status level (Plat), and mileage balance. Nothing about my future status as a 1MM (which I've been for several years).

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...4897267851.png

jiburi Jan 30, 2024 4:51 pm

Drink Vouchers is Live

As of 1/30 status, Drink Voucher is now LIVE, but status, not yet. We can taste it.....just not the metal.

Jiburi

unitedbusiness Jan 31, 2024 2:02 am

I feel like a child on the night before Christmas, so much anticipation before unwrapping a big gift I’ve been waiting for for so long !! A long wait today before my new status tomorrow !

ND76 Jan 31, 2024 11:04 pm

Check your account. My promotion to DM due to 3MM status occurred three minutes ago at 0100 EST.

Daytona Feb 1, 2024 12:40 am

My 1MM silver is upgraded to gold as expected. However my existing reservations still show I am a silver (even after re-entering my SM number), I will give it a day or two to see if it syncs up

Armani Feb 1, 2024 6:12 am

Originally Posted by ND76 (Post 35959818)
Check your account. My promotion to DM due to 3MM status occurred three minutes ago at 0100 EST.

I got my Gold this morning, so I'm happy.

ND76 Feb 1, 2024 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Daytona (Post 35959957)
My 1MM silver is upgraded to gold as expected. However my existing reservations still show I am a silver (even after re-entering my SM number), I will give it a day or two to see if it syncs up

Check again. My reservations showed my new status level a few minutes ago.

RobOnLI Feb 1, 2024 8:43 am

Website also shows me as Gold now (1MM). I could tell the difference as once I hit login it shows my mileage balance in a gold font instead of silver (always thought silver was just the default - hahaha). I also see 4 drink vouchers on the website.

Thanks, DL.

-RM

hfly Feb 1, 2024 1:19 pm

I am now annual 2MM Plat. This actually IS going to get me to fly them more as I am not that far away from 3MM annual Diamond. The funny thing being that if DL had not dropped my main city, I would be on the cusp of annual 360 right now!