Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New “Rapid Transfer” Combined Priority Tags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2023, 9:25 pm
Used to be FlyingMedallionDL
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Delta Reserve and 1.2 MM

Hi all, sorry if this was already mentioned but I thought this was an interesting small find. Upon checking in bags for my flights to ATL-AMS-VIE, there are new Yellow Sky Priority Tags with a Red/Orange bottom half that says “Rapid Transfer.” They also have the solid yellow
Sky Priority Tags for non stop or longer connection bags. The agent said the “Rapid Transfer” tags are new from about 2 months ago. If they see “HOT” typed near any of the flights on the bag tag (anything less than 75 minutes for a connection, confirmed through Delta Customer Care emai), the agent will need to place a Priority / Rapid Connection Tag. If not SkyPriority, they also have the new solid red-orange “Rapid Transfer” without saying it priority tags in hand. Combined SkyPriority and Rapid Transfer tag picture below:

busdriver11 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 10:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Had the same last week on a BWI-JFK-SDQ flight, >1 hour transfer.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
I got one 5 or 6 months ago.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 7:11 am

I saw them in Las Vegas two weeks ago. and was surprised - thought it was a one off based on the airport. But you're right, O'Hare had them on Friday. Is it just me or does the SkyPrioritiy tag still do very little in terms of baggage delivery - I find it makes little to no difference upon arrival
Old Nov 12, 2023, 8:21 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
I was surprised to see my bag get one last month on a reasonable connection time (~1:15 or so I recall) through ATL. This was my first time seeing these tags but my frequency of both connecting and checking bags on itineraries isn’t great.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
All show. They already process connection bags in a timely fashion.
DrMilano and emma dog like this.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 10:39 am

Programs: DL DM
Good to know 75 minutes is the supposed threshold for being a “hot” bag. I have a 1 hr 8 min connection (so 68 min) in ATL next week and will look to see if one gets applied here leaving ANC.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 11:39 am

Maybe I have been unlucky over the years but so many times my bags are tagged with “Priority” and end up delivered last. 🙃
Old Nov 12, 2023, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by DCflyer1222
Is it just me or does the SkyPrioritiy tag still do very little in terms of baggage delivery - I find it makes little to no difference upon arrival
On planes coming from some airports you're almost guaranteed to get the 2500 miles if your bag is tagged with sky priority because those bags come out last, while many of the other bags come out before the 20 min period is up.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 11:49 am

Up until about 3 months ago I was consistently able to claim the 2500 miles as it took longer than 20 minutes for bags every time, even with the priority tag. Lately the bags have been coming out quicker (all bags, not just priority). Still, it’s a great way to get an extra 2500 miles usually. I make note of what time the fight status updates to “flight complete” and then start the 20 minutes.
jetsfan92588 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Up until about 3 months ago I was consistently able to claim the 2500 miles as it took longer than 20 minutes for bags every time, even with the priority tag. Lately the bags have been coming out quicker (all bags, not just priority). Still, it’s a great way to get an extra 2500 miles usually. I make note of what time the fight status updates to “flight complete” and then start the 20 minutes.
I’m “printing” SkyMiles with the 20 min 2,500 miles this year, as these tags are just for the transfer—no relation whatsoever to how quickly bags arrive.
jetsfan92588 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 4:01 pm

In my opinion, none of these things are reliable (like phone agent knowledge, PDB's etc). It is more for marketing and advertising. As someone said above, my bags are always marked SkyPriority and are quite often the last bags on the carousel. Someone thought up the idea, but failed to implement it with the people that actually have to provide the service. Inconsistency is something you can count on.
DrMilano likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 6:12 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Interesting, my bag last tag was "Priority" but NO extra yellow tag. As it turned out I got trough the CBP/TSA quick enough to take an earlier flight. The app said my bag was expedited to my original flight which I had never seen before. When I arrived at my destination I asked at baggage what that meant and whether my bag might have made the earlier flight. Nope. I went home and later that afternoon I went back to airport and got my bag (20 minute one way trip so not any big deal vs a waiting three hours for my original flight).
Old Nov 12, 2023, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I saw the 'rapid transfer' tags in BCN and AMS in Sept. If I recall I think I saw some in AUA as well.
At the time I just assumed it was for international locations to assist with transfers for places that may not have as good of a baggage system as most of the US, but guess its appearing domestic as well. I'm all for anything that could help flag bags that have tighter connections to make sure they get there on time.

As for the priority tags and 20 min - yeah that doesn't seem to have any impact in BOS, as its a sure thing when I check a bag that I'll get the miles for the bags on time claim.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 8:07 pm

Programs: Waffle House DM
Vacant Positions - Delta

Delta are seeking motivated individuals for baggage handling positions at our major hubs. Candidates must be able to identify and read yellow “priority” baggage tags and ensure those bags are removed from the belt until all non-priority bags have been loaded on the carousel. The ability to identify groups of baggage is essential, to ensure at least one bag from any connected group is removed from the remainder and held back until the final bag cart is unloaded. Candidates should also be familiar with the operation of the “random black scuff marker” for use on new luggage. Applications for these positions is highly competitive, and only qualified candidates will be considered. Any experience of animal husbandry will also be a definite bonus, especially skills in motivating the tired Donkey normally used to power the baggage carousel at our leading hubs.
NOLAnwGOLD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.