FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Percent boarded now visible in app (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2083211-percent-boarded-now-visible-app.html)

DLASflyer Jun 15, 2022 1:55 pm

Percent boarded now visible in app

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2b8e1f8d56.png

FlyerWx Jun 15, 2022 2:01 pm

Cool!
From what you can tell, is this close to the actual number of pax scanned (similar to the numbers the ramp workers see), or is it lazily using boarding zones (e.g., 7/8ths of the zones have been called)?

cubeman Jun 15, 2022 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerWx (Post 34339108)
Cool!
From what you can tell, is this close to the actual number of pax scanned (similar to the numbers the ramp workers see), or is it lazily using boarding zones (e.g., 7/8ths of the zones have been called)?

Has anyone attempted to scalp the info given to the app? Wouldn't be surprised if it was like PNR's and turns out you can actively pull numbers during boarding and theres a ton of staff side data we can see.

rylan Jun 15, 2022 5:33 pm

I noticed that a couple weeks ago - however I thought it was signifying time left to departure. Is it actually showing how much of the plane boarded?

zmb Jun 15, 2022 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by cubeman (Post 34339147)
Has anyone attempted to scalp the info given to the app? Wouldn't be surprised if it was like PNR's and turns out you can actively pull numbers during boarding and theres a ton of staff side data we can see.

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...nr-viewer.html for prior work. But once DL found out about this, they reduced what their API was returning.

RobOnLI Jun 15, 2022 8:23 pm

I must be missing something. Nowhere on that screen shot does it show "% boarded" or "number of pax boarded" or x/y boarded. I have absolutely no clue what that plane with a partially filled circle even means but it could be many different things: % boarded, % booked, time to departure, etc. etc.

-RM

Goodoldflyer Jun 16, 2022 5:31 am

That's neat and all, but who cares?

Delta's IT department needs to work harder on automated credit redemption.

tkey75 Jun 16, 2022 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer (Post 34340930)
That's neat and all, but who cares?

Not a metric it seems to offer but when F is booked full and I'm #1 on the list I'd like to know when F has boarded full without having to ask.

Goodoldflyer Jun 16, 2022 8:01 am

Originally Posted by tkey75 (Post 34341219)
Not a metric it seems to offer but when F is booked full and I'm #1 on the list I'd like to know when F has boarded full without having to ask.

Hey, they'll let you know, OK?

:D

ekozie Jun 16, 2022 8:09 am

Originally Posted by tkey75 (Post 34341219)

I'd settle for GAs not lying ~66% of the time I ask this question.

rylan Jun 16, 2022 9:22 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 34340125)
I must be missing something. Nowhere on that screen shot does it show "% boarded" or "number of pax boarded" or x/y boarded. I have absolutely no clue what that plane with a partially filled circle even means but it could be many different things: % boarded, % booked, time to departure, etc. etc.

-RM

Exactly - I thought this was showing time until departure.

WillBarrett_68 Jun 16, 2022 10:33 am

Originally Posted by ekozie (Post 34341339)
I'd settle for GAs not lying ~66% of the time I ask this question.

In my experience, how you ask this question is crucial to getting a correct answer.

ekozie Jun 16, 2022 10:53 am

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 (Post 34341789)
In my experience, how you ask this question is crucial to getting a correct answer.

I ask if First has boarded full.

If they look even the slightest bit confused I clarify that I mean **boarded** full and not checked in full, as I'm #1 for an UG.

I always ask nicely and respectfully, and smile, trying to avoid a DYKWIA push-aside.

Many GAs still seem incapable of giving an honest answer, though I guess I should give more credit to the many GAs who are on the ball and ask me to wait by the podium during the final couple minutes of boarding to see if their last F pax shows up.

WillBarrett_68 Jun 16, 2022 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by ekozie (Post 34341856)
I ask if First has boarded full.

If they look even the slightest bit confused I clarify that I mean **boarded** full and not checked in full, as I'm #1 for an UG.

Yeah, that's your problem. Using the word "full" is a near-guarantee that you'll get an answer to the question "is F checked in full" which is of zero use.

kenn0223 Jun 16, 2022 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 (Post 34342137)
Yeah, that's your problem. Using the word "full" is a near-guarantee that you'll get an answer to the question "is F checked in full" which is of zero use.

I ask “Has everyone in First boarded already or are you still waiting?” It’s a hard question to misunderstand.