Percent boarded now visible in app

Old Jun 15, 22, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Aeroplan Elite 75K
Percent boarded now visible in app

Old Jun 15, 22, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Cool!
From what you can tell, is this close to the actual number of pax scanned (similar to the numbers the ramp workers see), or is it lazily using boarding zones (e.g., 7/8ths of the zones have been called)?
Old Jun 15, 22, 2:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Hertz Presidential
Originally Posted by FlyerWx View Post
Cool!
From what you can tell, is this close to the actual number of pax scanned (similar to the numbers the ramp workers see), or is it lazily using boarding zones (e.g., 7/8ths of the zones have been called)?
Has anyone attempted to scalp the info given to the app? Wouldn't be surprised if it was like PNR's and turns out you can actively pull numbers during boarding and theres a ton of staff side data we can see.
FabCW likes this.
Old Jun 15, 22, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I noticed that a couple weeks ago - however I thought it was signifying time left to departure. Is it actually showing how much of the plane boarded?

Last edited by rylan; Jun 15, 22 at 6:15 pm
Old Jun 15, 22, 6:27 pm
zmb

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by cubeman View Post
Has anyone attempted to scalp the info given to the app? Wouldn't be surprised if it was like PNR's and turns out you can actively pull numbers during boarding and theres a ton of staff side data we can see.
See Delta unofficial PNR viewer for prior work. But once DL found out about this, they reduced what their API was returning.
Old Jun 15, 22, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott Amb (LT Titanium)
I must be missing something. Nowhere on that screen shot does it show "% boarded" or "number of pax boarded" or x/y boarded. I have absolutely no clue what that plane with a partially filled circle even means but it could be many different things: % boarded, % booked, time to departure, etc. etc.

-RM
Old Jun 16, 22, 5:31 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA (the airline)
That's neat and all, but who cares?

Delta's IT department needs to work harder on automated credit redemption.
Old Jun 16, 22, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer View Post
That's neat and all, but who cares?
Not a metric it seems to offer but when F is booked full and I'm #1 on the list I'd like to know when F has boarded full without having to ask.
beachmouse and tardyturtle like this.
Old Jun 16, 22, 8:01 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA (the airline)
Originally Posted by tkey75 View Post
Not a metric it seems to offer but when F is booked full and I'm #1 on the list I'd like to know when F has boarded full without having to ask.

Hey, they'll let you know, OK?

Old Jun 16, 22, 8:09 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by tkey75 View Post
I'd settle for GAs not lying ~66% of the time I ask this question.
ijgordon, tkey75 and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Jun 16, 22, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RobOnLI View Post
I must be missing something. Nowhere on that screen shot does it show "% boarded" or "number of pax boarded" or x/y boarded. I have absolutely no clue what that plane with a partially filled circle even means but it could be many different things: % boarded, % booked, time to departure, etc. etc.

-RM
Exactly - I thought this was showing time until departure.
Old Jun 16, 22, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by ekozie View Post
I'd settle for GAs not lying ~66% of the time I ask this question.
In my experience, how you ask this question is crucial to getting a correct answer.
HDQDD likes this.
Old Jun 16, 22, 10:53 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 View Post
In my experience, how you ask this question is crucial to getting a correct answer.
I ask if First has boarded full.

If they look even the slightest bit confused I clarify that I mean **boarded** full and not checked in full, as I'm #1 for an UG.

I always ask nicely and respectfully, and smile, trying to avoid a DYKWIA push-aside.

Many GAs still seem incapable of giving an honest answer, though I guess I should give more credit to the many GAs who are on the ball and ask me to wait by the podium during the final couple minutes of boarding to see if their last F pax shows up.
MSPeconomist and Mhyduchak like this.
Old Jun 16, 22, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by ekozie View Post
I ask if First has boarded full.

If they look even the slightest bit confused I clarify that I mean **boarded** full and not checked in full, as I'm #1 for an UG.
Yeah, that's your problem. Using the word "full" is a near-guarantee that you'll get an answer to the question "is F checked in full" which is of zero use.
Old Jun 16, 22, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 View Post
Yeah, that's your problem. Using the word "full" is a near-guarantee that you'll get an answer to the question "is F checked in full" which is of zero use.
I ask Has everyone in First boarded already or are you still waiting? Its a hard question to misunderstand.

Search this Thread