FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   entry to skyclub? copy of amex card? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2082994-entry-skyclub-copy-amex-card.html)

Heh Kayaan Jun 13, 2022 10:55 pm

entry to skyclub? copy of amex card?

Hi friends.
So I have the correct AMEX card, BUT I didnt pack it with me to SE asia. How can I get in the delta skyclub in SFO, we have a long layover? What can I use? I dont think i have time to get a replacment card sent to me while I am abroad. Thanks ya'll

audio-nut Jun 13, 2022 11:12 pm

Enter the card number your "my wallet" in the delta app.

VacationMode Jun 14, 2022 4:40 am

Definitely make sure the card is in your wallet in the Delta app… at the club it’s been hit or miss for me if they ask to see the physical card though so hopefully you can scan and just walk in.

Hepsaint Jun 14, 2022 8:29 am

I would also add your card to your iphone Wallet if that the service that you have. Not sure about Android devices, but in Addition to having your card on the Delta App, having it on an Iphone Wallet has helped in the past when a gate agent has requested to see the physical card. Most times, the gate agent only looks on your Delta Profile to verify the card is on your account.. Good luck!

flyerCO Jun 14, 2022 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Hepsaint (Post 34334883)
I would also add your card to your iphone Wallet if that the service that you have. Not sure about Android devices, but in Addition to having your card on the Delta App, having it on an Iphone Wallet has helped in the past when a gate agent has requested to see the physical card. Most times, the gate agent only looks on your Delta Profile to verify the card is on your account.. Good luck!

Why would GA ask for card?

coast_2_coast Jun 14, 2022 10:24 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 34335127)
Why would GA ask for card?

technically if you have sky club access via a cc you’re supposed to have your card on you to gain access to the club. I can’t recall a single time in the past few years they’ve asked to see my amex at the DL lounge, just at centurion. You should be fine especially if you’re polite and kind to the SC staff

photojojo Jun 14, 2022 10:34 am

Originally Posted by coast_2_coast (Post 34335270)
technically if you have sky club access via a cc you’re supposed to have your card on you to gain access to the club. I can’t recall a single time in the past few years they’ve asked to see my amex at the DL lounge, just at centurion. You should be fine especially if you’re polite and kind to the SC staff

I always assumed it was somehow linked in my profile. I always just have them scan my boarding pass and in I go, but I always pay with my Amex and 90% of the time I buy first/D1, so I might be living in a bubble.

flyerCO Jun 14, 2022 11:30 am

Originally Posted by coast_2_coast (Post 34335270)

I'm guessing you're using the wrong term. A gate agent doesn't work the lounge, they work at the gate. Thus why i asked,why would a GA ask to see card..

You don't need card if you're a primary holder of DL Reserve, or primary/AU of AMEX PLT (not DL AMEX PLT) as long as card is in your My Wallet.

lindros2 Jun 14, 2022 11:36 am

another +1 for adding to your Delta wallet under "Stored Payment Methods".
I scan my boarding pass and I'm in - it's worked 100% of the time. (and CLEAR used to work before that broke)
Note that I have both Delta AMEX Platinum -and- the Platinum Card, yet the Platinum (charge) Card is the only one that shows in my wallet... The Delta one is a separate area under SkyMiles - "Delta SkyMiles Platinum Card Member".

Confusing.

darkrider Jun 14, 2022 12:33 pm

I think you should be fine as long as the CC is linked to your Delta account. I only have AMEX platinum linked to Delta account, and all they have to do is scan my boarding pass. I've never had an issue or ever been asked to present the card.

Mr. Tickets Jun 14, 2022 2:33 pm

I have all the above be accurate. I even went to the Seattle Sky Club a couple of weeks ago and had two friends. I said I wanted to use some of my companion Sky Club passes and she
scanned my boarding pass and took the passes out of my account automatically. Took about 20 seconds. I do remember a thread from maybe a month or longer about someone mentioning that
they asked to see his Amex card and he couldn't produce it, so they refused entry. Can't remember all the details.

lindros2 Jun 14, 2022 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets (Post 34335983)
I have all the above be accurate. I even went to the Seattle Sky Club a couple of weeks ago and had two friends. I said I wanted to use some of my companion Sky Club passes and she
scanned my boarding pass and took the passes out of my account automatically. Took about 20 seconds. I do remember a thread from maybe a month or longer about someone mentioning that
they asked to see his Amex card and he couldn't produce it, so they refused entry. Can't remember all the details.

Note that if you pay for a guest with virtual card, that goes belly up.
they claim they need physical card, but they used contactless… which means I could have used Apple Pay… (i don’t carry my card)

Heh Kayaan Jun 15, 2022 11:11 pm

thank you

Originally Posted by VacationMode (Post 34334412)
Definitely make sure the card is in your wallet in the Delta app… at the club it’s been hit or miss for me if they ask to see the physical card though so hopefully you can scan and just walk in.

So when they scan our Bording pass, my AMEX will be in there , and I can just pay the entry fee for the wife and I?

Thank you for the help.

Heh Kayaan Jun 15, 2022 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by lindros2 (Post 34336846)
Note that if you pay for a guest with virtual card, that goes belly up.
they claim they need physical card, but they used contactless… which means I could have used Apple Pay… (i don’t carry my card)

Any other payment accepted? I dont have apple pay. I live aboard. its not used here.

Last summer, I was refused entry at Deltas Sky club, as I didnt have my card, I have medallion status. dont want that to happen again...

flyerCO Jun 16, 2022 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Heh Kayaan (Post 34340397)
Any other payment accepted? I dont have apple pay. I live aboard. its not used here.

Last summer, I was refused entry at Deltas Sky club, as I didnt have my card, I have medallion status. dont want that to happen again...

As long as card is in your My Wallet, you should have no issue.