entry to skyclub? copy of amex card?

Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy entry to skyclub? copy of amex card?

Hi friends.
So I have the correct AMEX card, BUT I didnt pack it with me to SE asia. How can I get in the delta skyclub in SFO, we have a long layover? What can I use? I dont think i have time to get a replacment card sent to me while I am abroad. Thanks ya'll
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:12 pm

Enter the card number your "my wallet" in the delta app.
lindros2 and Heh Kayaan like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:40 am

Programs: DL PM
Definitely make sure the card is in your wallet in the Delta app at the club its been hit or miss for me if they ask to see the physical card though so hopefully you can scan and just walk in.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
I would also add your card to your iphone Wallet if that the service that you have. Not sure about Android devices, but in Addition to having your card on the Delta App, having it on an Iphone Wallet has helped in the past when a gate agent has requested to see the physical card. Most times, the gate agent only looks on your Delta Profile to verify the card is on your account.. Good luck!
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Hepsaint
I would also add your card to your iphone Wallet if that the service that you have. Not sure about Android devices, but in Addition to having your card on the Delta App, having it on an Iphone Wallet has helped in the past when a gate agent has requested to see the physical card. Most times, the gate agent only looks on your Delta Profile to verify the card is on your account.. Good luck!
Why would GA ask for card?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Why would GA ask for card?
technically if you have sky club access via a cc youre supposed to have your card on you to gain access to the club. I cant recall a single time in the past few years theyve asked to see my amex at the DL lounge, just at centurion. You should be fine especially if youre polite and kind to the SC staff
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by coast_2_coast
technically if you have sky club access via a cc youre supposed to have your card on you to gain access to the club. I cant recall a single time in the past few years theyve asked to see my amex at the DL lounge, just at centurion. You should be fine especially if youre polite and kind to the SC staff
I always assumed it was somehow linked in my profile. I always just have them scan my boarding pass and in I go, but I always pay with my Amex and 90% of the time I buy first/D1, so I might be living in a bubble.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by coast_2_coast
I'm guessing you're using the wrong term. A gate agent doesn't work the lounge, they work at the gate. Thus why i asked,why would a GA ask to see card..

You don't need card if you're a primary holder of DL Reserve, or primary/AU of AMEX PLT (not DL AMEX PLT) as long as card is in your My Wallet.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
another +1 for adding to your Delta wallet under "Stored Payment Methods".
I scan my boarding pass and I'm in - it's worked 100% of the time. (and CLEAR used to work before that broke)
Note that I have both Delta AMEX Platinum -and- the Platinum Card, yet the Platinum (charge) Card is the only one that shows in my wallet... The Delta one is a separate area under SkyMiles - "Delta SkyMiles Platinum Card Member".

Confusing.
aquanine and Heh Kayaan like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I think you should be fine as long as the CC is linked to your Delta account. I only have AMEX platinum linked to Delta account, and all they have to do is scan my boarding pass. I've never had an issue or ever been asked to present the card.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL DM
I have all the above be accurate. I even went to the Seattle Sky Club a couple of weeks ago and had two friends. I said I wanted to use some of my companion Sky Club passes and she
scanned my boarding pass and took the passes out of my account automatically. Took about 20 seconds. I do remember a thread from maybe a month or longer about someone mentioning that
they asked to see his Amex card and he couldn't produce it, so they refused entry. Can't remember all the details.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:42 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
I have all the above be accurate. I even went to the Seattle Sky Club a couple of weeks ago and had two friends. I said I wanted to use some of my companion Sky Club passes and she
scanned my boarding pass and took the passes out of my account automatically. Took about 20 seconds. I do remember a thread from maybe a month or longer about someone mentioning that
they asked to see his Amex card and he couldn't produce it, so they refused entry. Can't remember all the details.
Note that if you pay for a guest with virtual card, that goes belly up.
they claim they need physical card, but they used contactless which means I could have used Apple Pay (i dont carry my card)
Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

thank you

Originally Posted by VacationMode
Definitely make sure the card is in your wallet in the Delta app at the club its been hit or miss for me if they ask to see the physical card though so hopefully you can scan and just walk in.

So when they scan our Bording pass, my AMEX will be in there , and I can just pay the entry fee for the wife and I?

Thank you for the help.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lindros2
Note that if you pay for a guest with virtual card, that goes belly up.
they claim they need physical card, but they used contactless which means I could have used Apple Pay (i dont carry my card)

Any other payment accepted? I dont have apple pay. I live aboard. its not used here.

Last summer, I was refused entry at Deltas Sky club, as I didnt have my card, I have medallion status. dont want that to happen again...
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Heh Kayaan
Any other payment accepted? I dont have apple pay. I live aboard. its not used here.

Last summer, I was refused entry at Deltas Sky club, as I didnt have my card, I have medallion status. dont want that to happen again...
As long as card is in your My Wallet, you should have no issue.
Heh Kayaan likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.