FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063945-delta-flight-meal-food-service-definitive-thread-2022-edition.html)

Goodoldflyer May 7, 2022 4:10 am

Originally Posted by LeisureOnlyMSP (Post 34227964)
Anyone with recent D1 flights from CDG? What's on the menu?

They'll email you a menu a week ahead.

Zorak May 7, 2022 7:42 am

Current menus are also online:
https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/cdg-atl/
​​​​​​
Edit the URL for whatever city pair.

sfoeuroflyer May 7, 2022 9:25 am

Still Insultingly Bad

Flew Delta 1 r/t SFO-JFK-SFO. I thought that things would be better than the tragically vile boxes that were served last year--which combined uninspired cold food with self congratulatory messages about safety and touch points. In some ways the lunch served JFK-SFO was even worse than the awful boxes. It was fake meatballs. First, serving fake beef gets zero points. Memo to Delta: I don't buy an expensive ticket to indulge myself in virtue signaling. Fake beef on your plane won't save the planet and is completely inappropriate when there is no real beef being offered. To be honest, the canned food I give my two dogs is better than the Impossible slop. Then we get to the bad service. No nuts or other snacks offered with drinks. No menus. No wine list. The meal served all at once so that if one easts the pitifully small salad first, the dog food will get cold. Frankly the only thing that was half way decent on this round trip was the Sky Club in SFO. Oh and I forgot the self congratulatory messages on the so called amenity kit that did not even offer socks. What a disgrace all around.

DLASflyer May 7, 2022 10:00 am

Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer (Post 34229306)
Flew Delta 1 r/t SFO-JFK-SFO. I thought that things would be better than the tragically vile boxes that were served last year--which combined uninspired cold food with self congratulatory messages about safety and touch points. In some ways the lunch served JFK-SFO was even worse than the awful boxes. It was fake meatballs. First, serving fake beef gets zero points. Memo to Delta: I don't buy an expensive ticket to indulge myself in virtue signaling. Fake beef on your plane won't save the planet and is completely inappropriate when there is no real beef being offered. To be honest, the canned food I give my two dogs is better than the Impossible slop. Then we get to the bad service. No nuts or other snacks offered with drinks. No menus. No wine list. The meal served all at once so that if one easts the pitifully small salad first, the dog food will get cold. Frankly the only thing that was half way decent on this round trip was the Sky Club in SFO. Oh and I forgot the self congratulatory messages on the so called amenity kit that did not even offer socks. What a disgrace all around.

A couple points:
-Certainly there was at least one actual meat option.
-The market has shown many people like plant-based meats. Even meat eaters.

Eastbay1K May 7, 2022 10:01 am

Good thing you can fly AS, AA, UA or B6 for the next trip!

As I don't know what brand of canned food you feed your dogs, I can't compare it to the DL "meat"balls, but I do find that dish tasty enough. And plenty of people avoid beef for reasons other than virtue signaling. That said, I wish DL would return to a multi-course service on the route. I found my last crew to be quite pleasant.

I also wonder why one is concerned about the dog food getting cold if it was too gross to eat in the first place. Also, I do recall that one is offered five, yes five, meal choices if ordering in advance. So while the current service isn't ideal, it is ok enough for the time being, and could be a lot worse.

shoodawg May 7, 2022 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 34229383)
Good thing you can fly AS, AA, UA or B6 for the next trip!

As I don't know what brand of canned food you feed your dogs, I can't compare it to the DL "meat"balls, but I do find that dish tasty enough. And plenty of people avoid beef for reasons other than virtue signaling. That said, I wish DL would return to a multi-course service on the route. I found my last crew to be quite pleasant.

I also wonder why one is concerned about the dog food getting cold if it was too gross to eat in the first place. Also, I do recall that one is offered five, yes five, meal choices if ordering in advance. So while the current service isn't ideal, it is ok enough for the time being, and could be a lot worse.

I wish the gargantuan balls were more bite sized.

CalebMCO May 7, 2022 11:01 am

This is a curious reaction, since you obviously received the pre-order menu (you posted a question about it in this thread). Why would you order the vegetarian selection if it so offends your sensibilities?

SkyTeam777 May 7, 2022 12:24 pm

I was under the impression DL has shifted back to the normal service with drink/amuse bouche followed by salad/appetizer then main dish then dessert. I keep seeing friends online sharing that this week they received it all slapped down on one tray like a domestic service. Why is this still going on when mask requirements have been dropped? Wasn't that the "reason"? or is it something else now? The menus are pointless, no details on anything other than the main dish (not everyone can pre-order with last-minute flights or flight changes) and many people like to know what they're eating for every plate. FAs are often clueless. Cutting menus and shifting to the (almost) generic card with QR code is really sad. AA has full menu and wine lists, which is still nice.

gaugeguy May 7, 2022 12:31 pm

Since we all know the food situation sucks, when are Pre-departure drinks coming back?

DLASflyer May 7, 2022 1:45 pm

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...87b8aba9f.jpeg
Curried Chicken Salad on SLC-SAT. Other choices were mezze box or ham sandwich box.

The Situation May 7, 2022 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by DLASflyer (Post 34229936)
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...87b8aba9f.jpeg
Curried Chicken Salad on SLC-SAT. Other choices were mezze box or ham sandwich box.

Had the same meal on my flight this week. Tasted good, but disappointed in portion size and no hot meals from SEA.

Ascii May 7, 2022 2:47 pm

Several people have asked about rum -- as of last week, still no rum.

I'll also add to sandwich debate. At the beginning, I found the sandwiches generally edible. Several months in, though, they were more and more sloppily made and stored. The bread is frequently completely soaked, frozen, or in one case missing half. I now eat the salad option or the mezze plate... or decline. I actually think the mezze plate is fantastic. If it were on a plate, I would routinely order without complaint.

Also, add me to the list of those who have yet to see a hot meal back in F (except for an AA flight yesterday).

Eastbay1K May 7, 2022 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by gaugeguy (Post 34229748)
Since we all know the food situation sucks, when are Pre-departure drinks coming back?

JFK/SFO had Sham Pain served in real glass as a PDB. Haven't taken a non-D1 domestic flight in ages, but at least for the first time in 2+ years, they're bringing around this. (They've got a month to get their act together before my next short haul flight!)

bubbashow May 7, 2022 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Ascii (Post 34230045)
Several people have asked about rum -- as of last week, still no rum.
).

Maybe DL is having difficulty finding rum that is a big enough "cause". Lately, food and beverage selections seem more about the story and cause than actual taste and quality.

Keith2004 May 7, 2022 4:22 pm

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8338bb8ed5.jpg
ATL-LAX FEBO observed
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5b904e0a2c.jpg
LAX-LIH FEBO observed, meatballs were really good