FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   2022 Upgrade Success (or lack thereof) Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063944-2022-upgrade-success-lack-thereof-thread.html)

kstateinALB Jan 8, 2022 10:34 am

GM

1/4
MCI-DTW, cleared C+ T-72, cleared into FC T-48

1/6
ORD-MSP, cleared FC T-12, changed my flight from AZO to ORD 12 hours prior to leaving due to the snow in Michigan.
MSP-MCI, C+ cleared T-12, FC was 8/20 for 1 FC seat

puntamita Jan 8, 2022 10:34 am

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer (Post 33883535)
Once again the earned/unearned UG tiebreaker does not take effect until February 1st.

I did not say when it started. I understand it starts 2-01. My point is it would be nice WHEN it starts to have a signifier and/or an e-mail to the group earning Diamond.

drminn Jan 8, 2022 7:05 pm

PM. MSP - YYC upgrade to first cleared at the window, skymiles ticket.

Tedgrrrr Jan 10, 2022 7:12 am

Killing it this year - had to cancel and rebook a couple flights after clearing and all have cleared again.

DM 3 out of 21 on skymiles fare lax to jfk - cleared at t-12 hours-ish

very strange flight (seats vanishing like hot cakes) - started yesterday morning at 20 remaining seats; with 9 instant RUC upgrades available; when I went to bed there were 15 remaining seats; this morning there are five and it looks like only four of us were upgraded (took screenshots last night and this morning)

Interestingly, the 15 seats remaining screenshot is as at 1:15 am; and now it is 6:04 am - I doubt that six pax in LA woke up in the middle of the night to choose their seats) - so either another flight cancelled and they got put on our flight or Delta had a great night selling seats. I got a seat selected automatically on upgrade so I assume the other three lucky ones did too.

MarkCron Jan 10, 2022 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr (Post 33888712)
Killing it this year - had to cancel and rebook a couple flights after clearing and all have cleared again.

DM 3 out of 21 on skymiles fare lax to jfk - cleared at t-12 hours-ish

very strange flight (seats vanishing like hot cakes) - started yesterday morning at 20 remaining seats; with 9 instant RUC upgrades available; when I went to bed there were 15 remaining seats; this morning there are five and it looks like only four of us were upgraded (took screenshots last night and this morning)

Interestingly, the 15 seats remaining screenshot is as at 1:15 am; and now it is 6:04 am - I doubt that six pax in LA woke up in the middle of the night to choose their seats) - so either another flight cancelled and they got put on our flight or Delta had a great night selling seats. I got a seat selected automatically on upgrade so I assume the other three lucky ones did too.

SDC another possible explanation

Tedgrrrr Jan 10, 2022 8:09 am

Originally Posted by MarkCron (Post 33888835)
SDC another possible explanation

yup - seems weird that would be done in the middle of the night but could definitely be SDCs

HWGeeks Jan 10, 2022 8:36 am

PM

have two flights tomorrow,

Flight 1: Number 2 on the list for 3 seats. JFK > ATL at 6:30 am A lot of people behind me on the list. I am not hopeful about getting this upgrade.

Flight 2: Upgraded at the Window ATL > SDQ 9:49 am.

Tedgrrrr Jan 10, 2022 9:39 am

Originally Posted by HWGeeks (Post 33888949)
PM

have two flights tomorrow,

Flight 1: Number 2 on the list for 3 seats. JFK > ATL at 6:30 am A lot of people behind me on the list. I am not hopeful about getting this upgrade.

Flight 2: Upgraded at the Window ATL > SDQ 9:49 am.

I would wait to board. There can be a lot of no shows the first flight of the day.

coke cans and winglets Jan 10, 2022 9:48 am

1/6/2022, DL5812, JAX-JFK, U fare, cleared to Comfort+ at booking, cleared to First at T-120

1/9/2022, DL1375, SAN-ATL, U fare, RUC applied, cleared to Comfort+ at booking, 1/32 for First for 5 open, cleared at gate
1/9/2022, DL2693, ATL-JAX, U fare, RUC applied, cleared to Comfort+ at booking, 2/24 for First for 4 open, cleared at gate*

*This flight was very weird, the gate agent must've forgot to clear upgrades because when I scanned I was still in 19A to where I was like uhhh shouldn't I be in First I'm #2 for 4 open seats and then he moved me to 5D. He never actually cleared #1, #3, and #4 though and there was someone in 15A rightfully complaining that they didn't get their upgrade. Glad I said something at the gate for my sake.

MarkCron Jan 10, 2022 10:26 am

Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets (Post 33889179)
1/6/2022, DL5812, JAX-JFK, U fare, cleared to Comfort+ at booking, cleared to First at T-120

1/9/2022, DL1375, SAN-ATL, U fare, RUC applied, cleared to Comfort+ at booking, 1/32 for First for 5 open, cleared at gate
1/9/2022, DL2693, ATL-JAX, U fare, RUC applied, cleared to Comfort+ at booking, 2/24 for First for 4 open, cleared at gate*

*This flight was very weird, the gate agent must've forgot to clear upgrades because when I scanned I was still in 19A to where I was like uhhh shouldn't I be in First I'm #2 for 4 open seats and then he moved me to 5D. He never actually cleared #1, #3, and #4 though and there was someone in 15A rightfully complaining that they didn't get their upgrade. Glad I said something at the gate for my sake.

I had an empty seat in FC last week as well (with ~20 on upg list). And that was for a 4+ hr flight DTW-LAX - I would have been pissed .... there was no rush/issue as flight was boarded and went out on time.

JesseRohr Jan 10, 2022 1:42 pm

4 cancelled flights so far, I buy FC tickets and almost all of my rebooked travel has been at a lesser level of service. Terrible start to the year so far.

Tedgrrrr Jan 10, 2022 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by JesseRohr (Post 33890021)
4 cancelled flights so far, I buy FC tickets and almost all of my rebooked travel has been at a lesser level of service. Terrible start to the year so far.

surprised - I find I get bumped up during Irrops and there was a set of flights where DL seemed to be holding back seats for Irrop - SAN to ATL didn’t clear anyone with 15+ ish at t-24 (F, not D1) and then they moved people from cancelled jfk flight

whar status are you?

Qwkynuf Jan 10, 2022 4:42 pm

First trip of the year starting tomorrow - PDX-SLC-ONT, all mainline on an L fare, returning on Friday - ONT-SLC-PDX, also mainline, but on a V fare.

DM with Reserve card, upgraded at the window on all 4 segments

disalex Jan 10, 2022 9:34 pm

PVD-DTW-CMH-LGA-PVD tomorrow and Thursday all upgrades at the window.
PM with reserve card W fare class

amolkold Jan 11, 2022 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr (Post 33882315)
is this domestic? That is the only other thing I can think of - but the gate agent would have told you that if it wasn’t. And this isn’t basic economy since C+ upgrade.

make a dummy domestic booking for yourself for tomorrow (just plan to have to call in to cancel since you will be checked in) and see if it puts you on the upgrade list - if so this must be a crazy one off…

It was LAS-ATL, one-way nonstop booked ticket in paid Main cabin, upgraded to C+ at booking (only special consideration is that I used a Delta eCert from a canceled ticket but that really shouldn't have any effect). I have an upcoming roundtrip this weekend that is just me so I will see then.