FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta Wifi? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2057435-delta-wifi.html)

jerry90210 Nov 1, 2021 12:37 am

Delta Wifi?

So I always watch whatever tv show/movies that is available. But you can also use wifi? But that you have to pay for right? And if so, how much is it?

MCO Flyer Nov 1, 2021 12:59 am

Originally Posted by jerry90210 (Post 33691712)
So I always watch whatever tv show/movies that is available. But you can also use wifi? But that you have to pay for right? And if so, how much is it?

Yes WiFi is available on all DL aircrafts with the exception of the CR2. The price depends on the specific WiFi provider is on your aircraft. If you are on an A321 or select 739s and 752s, the WiFi provider is ViaSat which is a flat $5 for the entire flight. If you are on any other aircraft type, the WiFi provider is GoGo which has variable pricing depending on your route (It’s never consistent in my experience but it’s more expensive than ViaSat $5 flat fee.)

TastyPlaneEats Nov 3, 2021 6:26 pm

$30 for wifi!!!
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...43e4aa796a.png

DLASflyer Nov 3, 2021 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by TastyPlaneEats (Post 33700063)
$30 for wifi!!!

Good riddance GoGo. Luckily the new Delta Wi-Fi is only $5 per flight.

Ringer909 Nov 3, 2021 9:00 pm

And the $5 wifi is actually usable. Usually pre-Covid if I paid the $29.95 for the no-go wifi it would take half the flight just to send an email.

That being said isn’t there some connection between Gogo and Viasat? I thought I saw footprints leading to a gogo site on one of the web redirects when connecting. Despite that, it actually worked pretty good.

DLASflyer Nov 3, 2021 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Ringer909 (Post 33700449)
And the $5 wifi is actually usable. Usually pre-Covid if I paid the $29.95 for the no-go wifi it would take half the flight just to send an email.

That being said isn’t there some connection between Gogo and Viasat? I thought I saw footprints leading to a gogo site on one of the web redirects when connecting. Despite that, it actually worked pretty good.

Gogo was recently acquired by Intelsat, which will be the new name for that service. Not to be confused with Viasat, the new Delta Wi-Fi provider.

ryw Nov 3, 2021 10:37 pm

Can you still buy a Gogo all day internet pass and use it on a Delta flight (as long as the plane is using Gogo as it’s WiFi provider)?

weaseltown Nov 4, 2021 1:59 am

Originally Posted by ryw (Post 33700589)
Can you still buy a Gogo all day internet pass and use it on a Delta flight (as long as the plane is using Gogo as it’s WiFi provider)?

Yes, this still works as expected. I did this twice in the past month.

OneHourPhoto Nov 8, 2021 4:11 am

I flew this past weekend and could not log into my GoGo account when i was prompted to. Keep saying an error (account is in good order) but was able to pay the $5 using Viasat,

Was this just a issue this weekend? or i need to do something different? create a new account with Viasat?

High Technology Nov 8, 2021 8:58 pm

I couldn't get Gogo to work at all on 2 of my 3 flights last week that had Gogo. I could use the onboard entertainment, but trying to buy a pass / use the T-Mobile option just got stuck. Tried two different iPhones.

The VIASAT flight worked great - $5 flat fee and got 20+ Mbps download speeds. No account creation required - just a one-time credit card purchase.

I have suffered through dozens of NY<-->LAX flights over the past several years, paid Gogo a couple of thousand dollars in fees, and won't miss them one bit when they are gone!

ylc13 Nov 9, 2021 4:08 pm

does viasat purchase code as delta or viasat? what about delta wifi sub coding?

txrus Dec 9, 2021 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by OneHourPhoto (Post 33710903)
I flew this past weekend and could not log into my GoGo account when i was prompted to. Keep saying an error (account is in good order) but was able to pay the $5 using Viasat,

Was this just a issue this weekend? or i need to do something different? create a new account with Viasat?

Had the same problem on Tuesday-requested a refund from Viasat after I was on the ground & got it w/in 12 hrs.

fliesdelta Dec 9, 2021 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by ylc13 (Post 33715746)
does viasat purchase code as delta or viasat? what about delta wifi sub coding?

In my case it did not code as Delta.

DenverBrian Dec 10, 2021 1:57 pm

The T-Mobile "free" wifi is free wifi...for one hour.

xjaehyun Dec 10, 2021 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by DenverBrian (Post 33801970)
The T-Mobile "free" wifi is free wifi...for one hour.

While true, those with the max plan have unlimited free wifi.