FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta's Easter 2021 Meltdown - 82 flights cancelled 4/4/2021 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2037204-deltas-easter-2021-meltdown-82-flights-cancelled-4-4-2021-a.html)

rylan Apr 5, 2021 7:14 am

The bigger point of this is that these issues are severely eroding my faith and earned goodwill in DL's operations for when business travel starts to resume. In the past Delta was excellent for reliability and getting you there, now they have a clear trend of falling apart at the seems whenever their system gets stressed due to slightly increased demand... along with clear operational mismanagement.

Canceling flights because you don't have pilots ready and knew about it weeks/months in advance is absurd. Isn't that what Delta does - fly people?

rylan Apr 5, 2021 7:17 am

Funny how they keep making those announcements about staying seated and waiting for other pax to be 6 feet away while de-planing. Yeah whatever, you pack the plane but requiring space while leaving makes it safe?

Crossinator Apr 5, 2021 7:44 am

Originally Posted by DTWflyer (Post 33152395)
Again, DL is 3 or 3 in failing to deliver over peak holidays. The airline that shouted from the mountaintops about "operational reliability" and still has posters in jetbridges about "canceling cancelations".

DL leadership needs to be cancelled.

I have zero faith that DL won't meltdown again at Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July week, and Labor Day weekend..

'come on man, you guys are better than this...

Hope this isn't the case because I usually don't travel on those weekends, but this year I have trips on both Memorial Day Weekend and the 4th :(

KDCAflyer Apr 5, 2021 7:51 am

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 33153092)
The bigger point of this is that these issues are severely eroding my faith and earned goodwill in DL's operations for when business travel starts to resume. In the past Delta was excellent for reliability and getting you there, now they have a clear trend of falling apart at the seems whenever their system gets stressed due to slightly increased demand... along with clear operational mismanagement.

Canceling flights because you don't have pilots ready and knew about it weeks/months in advance is absurd. Isn't that what Delta does - fly people?

I've hit almost every AA hub in the last six months, with 25+ segments, and haven't had an issue once. Maybe it's just because AA is running a smaller schedule, but operationally I trust them as much as I once did Delta.

veliger Apr 5, 2021 10:05 am

I received an email about a flight change in May this morning. Not the reschedule I want (departs 7 hours earlier) and can't change online. I am Gold and have 1.5 hour call back time. Wonder how long non-status customers have to wait? Delta appear to be an operational disaster right now. They apparently did not plan at all for the possibility of a quick travel rebound this Spring/Summer.

StevenSeagalFan Apr 5, 2021 10:48 am

If you truly feel you've been deceived, register a complaint with your state's attorney general's office. Typically they have a consumer protection division.

Crossinator Apr 5, 2021 11:14 am

Originally Posted by veliger (Post 33153521)
I received an email about a flight change in May this morning. Not the reschedule I want (departs 7 hours earlier) and can't change online. I am Gold and have 1.5 hour call back time. Wonder how long non-status customers have to wait? Delta appear to be an operational disaster right now. They apparently did not plan at all for the possibility of a quick travel rebound this Spring/Summer.

My friend (a non-member) called today. He called about an hour ago and said it was a 3 hour and 16 minute wait.

KDCAflyer Apr 5, 2021 11:30 am

Lol I think Delta's booking system is down now.

Edit: I take that back. I can't search for flights on DL, UA, or AA on app or desktop right now. So bizarre.

MSPeconomist Apr 5, 2021 11:44 am

Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan (Post 33153659)
If you truly feel you've been deceived, register a complaint with your state's attorney general's office. Typically they have a consumer protection division.

Do state AG offices deal with airline matters? Doesn't DOT have exclusive jurisdiction in the USA for domestic flights, with the possible exception of intrastate airlines/flights?

sydneyracquelle Apr 5, 2021 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Crossinator (Post 33153736)
My friend (a non-member) called today. He called about an hour ago and said it was a 3 hour and 16 minute wait.

I always just have them call me back.

StevenSeagalFan Apr 5, 2021 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 33153869)
Do state AG offices deal with airline matters? Doesn't DOT have exclusive jurisdiction in the USA for domestic flights, with the possible exception of intrastate airlines/flights?

For any consumer issue, regardless of product, if it's legal they will accept it and look into it based on the state parameters. If not, they'll just forward it to the right entity.

vike16 Apr 5, 2021 12:35 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/d483...ts-due-to.html

ATLflyer2017 Apr 5, 2021 1:14 pm

I flew yesterday and had no idea there were any issues at all. Kinda funny.
I wouldn't call it a meltdown....
82 flights out of how many daily flights that Delta flies?
Not defending them, but meltdown sounds so dramatic.
1% of their flights were canceled yesterday.

Jon_R Apr 5, 2021 5:23 pm

My wife gold status on a paid FC ticket got a response to her complaint and given 5k miles. Pretty crappy response of ~50 bucks for being lied to. Should help Delta’s bottom line to sell tickets with a markup on a pledge then ignore it. Get premium price on ticket, save on fuel, save on labor, save hours on the airframes. Maybe they will get profitable soon if people keep believing them.

Adam1222 Apr 5, 2021 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan (Post 33153979)
For any consumer issue, regardless of product, if it's legal they will accept it and look into it based on the state parameters. If not, they'll just forward it to the right entity.

That certainly is not the case for every state. But to answer the question, no, state AGs do not have authority over consumer protection complaints against airlines, as all such state laws are preempted by the Airline Deregulation Act and FAAAA.

Filing a complaint with a state AG would be a waste of time.

I'd add that at boarding of my ATL-DCA flight they said they were going to be using the middle seats and it was a completely full flight, but the middle seats appear to be empty in Y and Y+.