FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Comfort Plus International during Covid (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2028178-comfort-plus-international-during-covid.html)

jtatlanta Nov 7, 2020 12:11 pm

Comfort Plus International during Covid

Am I correct in think if I book a Comfort Plus seat international the seat will be blocked next to me? Delta verbally said yes even in a 2 row but wanted to confirm be for I book.

About to book LHR to ATL and flight is empty so don't want to end up with someone next to me if I can sit in economy cheaper and have an empty row.

xliioper Nov 7, 2020 12:16 pm

They only have confirmed seat-blocking through January 6th at this point. Although they seem to have indicated it's possible it will be extended (but unlikely much beyond early 2021).

MSPeconomist Nov 7, 2020 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by jtatlanta (Post 32803086)
Am I correct in think if I book a Comfort Plus seat international the seat will be blocked next to me? Delta verbally said yes even in a 2 row but wanted to confirm be for I book.

About to book LHR to ATL and flight is empty so don't want to end up with someone next to me if I can sit in economy cheaper and have an empty row.

I've noticed C+ two-seats not being blocked for longer domestic flights in the sense that one was occupied but I was able to select the other one on the DL seat map. In one case, I had assumed that the other seat was blocked, but when I looked more carefully, the seat was occupied and not blocked. Fortunately I noticed this and was able to move my seat (.....and then I was upgraded to FC, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway).

GagaPilot Nov 7, 2020 6:02 pm

I would be cautious about booking C+ on a flight with seats available on the 2 side only, and nothing available on the 3 or 4 section if having no one next to you is a concern.

As an observation I have an upcoming (domestic) flight on an A330-300. I received an UG to C+ at booking as a PM. The seating configuration is 2x4x2. The middle two seats in the "4" section are blocked. The seats on the "2" sections are not. I chose 12A, and a few days later I noticed someone was next to me in 12B. It specifically showed as occupied, and not blocked. I moved to 12G in the middle section so the middle two seats of that section are blocked. Note: I am not concerned with having someone next to me, I simply just chose 12G to have more space.

I am also on a domestic flight on a 767-400 as well. Configuration 2x2x2. In the middle section I noticed a blocked seat will appear after you select a seat, but on the right "2" section, the aisle seats are blocked to begin with. I chose a window on the right. But, on the left "2" side, both seats are available and none are blocked, even after selection.

So, choose carefully.

jtatlanta Nov 8, 2020 1:06 am

Originally Posted by GagaPilot (Post 32803795)
I would be cautious about booking C+ on a flight with seats available on the 2 side only, and nothing available on the 3 or 4 section if having no one next to you is a concern.

As an observation I have an upcoming (domestic) flight on an A330-300. I received an UG to C+ at booking as a PM. The seating configuration is 2x4x2. The middle two seats in the "4" section are blocked. The seats on the "2" sections are not. I chose 12A, and a few days later I noticed someone was next to me in 12B. It specifically showed as occupied, and not blocked. I moved to 12G in the middle section so the middle two seats of that section are blocked. Note: I am not concerned with having someone next to me, I simply just chose 12G to have more space.

I am also on a domestic flight on a 767-400 as well. Configuration 2x2x2. In the middle section I noticed a blocked seat will appear after you select a seat, but on the right "2" section, the aisle seats are blocked to begin with. I chose a window on the right. But, on the left "2" side, both seats are available and none are blocked, even after selection.

So, choose carefully.

Thanks for this, I am on A330 too. Will take a look once booked and move to middle if it doubt.

bretthexum Nov 10, 2020 9:49 pm

Not sure if this applies to international or not, but I learned the hard way on a 5.5 hr LAX-OGG flight this week.

Bring some snacks with as they gave one snack bag for C+, and that's it. I had a very tight connection and barely made the plane, so no time to get anything at LAX. I got my snack bag, then asked if I could even purchase one of the snack boxes in first class. Nothing. Granted I got the C+ upgrade for free, but I'd be a little ticked for paying $150+ extra for 2 extra inches of room and a snack bag just like econ.

Yes, COVID, I get it.... but for a 5+ flight maybe a little something extra?

bman1002 Nov 10, 2020 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by bretthexum (Post 32811542)
Not sure if this applies to international or not, but I learned the hard way on a 5.5 hr LAX-OGG flight this week.

Bring some snacks with as they gave one snack bag for C+, and that's it. I had a very tight connection and barely made the plane, so no time to get anything at LAX. I got my snack bag, then asked if I could even purchase one of the snack boxes in first class. Nothing. Granted I got the C+ upgrade for free, but I'd be a little ticked for paying $150+ extra for 2 extra inches of room and a snack bag just like econ.

Yes, COVID, I get it.... but for a 5+ flight maybe a little something extra?

A shame they did not provide more on that flight. I was in Y on SLC-IAD, and both ways they provided 2 x of the snack bags.

MSPeconomist Nov 10, 2020 9:56 pm

Isn't DL supposed to give a second snack baggie an hour before arrival on longer domestic flights, at least in C+?

dcadwell Nov 11, 2020 10:00 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 32811551)
Isn't DL supposed to give a second snack baggie an hour before arrival on longer domestic flights, at least in C+?

That's been my experience, yes.

fly747first Nov 12, 2020 7:26 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 32811551)

Last month I did ATL SLC in C+ (PS cabin since it was 764) and we weren't provided a second snack bag though the crew did offer water and beer/wine several times throughout the flight; same for ATL LAX so not sure if flights equipped with and marketed as D1 would be the ones that qualify for the second bag.