Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Comfort Plus International during Covid

Comfort Plus International during Covid

Old Nov 7, 20, 1:11 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlanta
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 76
Comfort Plus International during Covid

Am I correct in think if I book a Comfort Plus seat international the seat will be blocked next to me? Delta verbally said yes even in a 2 row but wanted to confirm be for I book.

About to book LHR to ATL and flight is empty so don't want to end up with someone next to me if I can sit in economy cheaper and have an empty row.
jtatlanta is offline  
Old Nov 7, 20, 1:16 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2,561
They only have confirmed seat-blocking through January 6th at this point. Although they seem to have indicated it's possible it will be extended (but unlikely much beyond early 2021).
xliioper is offline  
Old Nov 7, 20, 5:12 pm
  #3  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 91,512
Originally Posted by jtatlanta View Post
Am I correct in think if I book a Comfort Plus seat international the seat will be blocked next to me? Delta verbally said yes even in a 2 row but wanted to confirm be for I book.

About to book LHR to ATL and flight is empty so don't want to end up with someone next to me if I can sit in economy cheaper and have an empty row.
I've noticed C+ two-seats not being blocked for longer domestic flights in the sense that one was occupied but I was able to select the other one on the DL seat map. In one case, I had assumed that the other seat was blocked, but when I looked more carefully, the seat was occupied and not blocked. Fortunately I noticed this and was able to move my seat (.....and then I was upgraded to FC, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway).
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Nov 7, 20, 7:02 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: ANC
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 933
I would be cautious about booking C+ on a flight with seats available on the 2 side only, and nothing available on the 3 or 4 section if having no one next to you is a concern.

As an observation I have an upcoming (domestic) flight on an A330-300. I received an UG to C+ at booking as a PM. The seating configuration is 2x4x2. The middle two seats in the "4" section are blocked. The seats on the "2" sections are not. I chose 12A, and a few days later I noticed someone was next to me in 12B. It specifically showed as occupied, and not blocked. I moved to 12G in the middle section so the middle two seats of that section are blocked. Note: I am not concerned with having someone next to me, I simply just chose 12G to have more space.

I am also on a domestic flight on a 767-400 as well. Configuration 2x2x2. In the middle section I noticed a blocked seat will appear after you select a seat, but on the right "2" section, the aisle seats are blocked to begin with. I chose a window on the right. But, on the left "2" side, both seats are available and none are blocked, even after selection.

So, choose carefully.
GagaPilot is offline  
Old Nov 8, 20, 2:06 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlanta
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 76
Originally Posted by GagaPilot View Post
I would be cautious about booking C+ on a flight with seats available on the 2 side only, and nothing available on the 3 or 4 section if having no one next to you is a concern.

As an observation I have an upcoming (domestic) flight on an A330-300. I received an UG to C+ at booking as a PM. The seating configuration is 2x4x2. The middle two seats in the "4" section are blocked. The seats on the "2" sections are not. I chose 12A, and a few days later I noticed someone was next to me in 12B. It specifically showed as occupied, and not blocked. I moved to 12G in the middle section so the middle two seats of that section are blocked. Note: I am not concerned with having someone next to me, I simply just chose 12G to have more space.

I am also on a domestic flight on a 767-400 as well. Configuration 2x2x2. In the middle section I noticed a blocked seat will appear after you select a seat, but on the right "2" section, the aisle seats are blocked to begin with. I chose a window on the right. But, on the left "2" side, both seats are available and none are blocked, even after selection.

So, choose carefully.
Thanks for this, I am on A330 too. Will take a look once booked and move to middle if it doubt.
GagaPilot likes this.
jtatlanta is offline  
Old Nov 10, 20, 10:49 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: MSP
Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 597
Not sure if this applies to international or not, but I learned the hard way on a 5.5 hr LAX-OGG flight this week.

Bring some snacks with as they gave one snack bag for C+, and that's it. I had a very tight connection and barely made the plane, so no time to get anything at LAX. I got my snack bag, then asked if I could even purchase one of the snack boxes in first class. Nothing. Granted I got the C+ upgrade for free, but I'd be a little ticked for paying $150+ extra for 2 extra inches of room and a snack bag just like econ.

Yes, COVID, I get it.... but for a 5+ flight maybe a little something extra?
GagaPilot likes this.
bretthexum is offline  
Old Nov 10, 20, 10:54 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA
Programs: Hilton Diamond
Posts: 205
Originally Posted by bretthexum View Post
Not sure if this applies to international or not, but I learned the hard way on a 5.5 hr LAX-OGG flight this week.

Bring some snacks with as they gave one snack bag for C+, and that's it. I had a very tight connection and barely made the plane, so no time to get anything at LAX. I got my snack bag, then asked if I could even purchase one of the snack boxes in first class. Nothing. Granted I got the C+ upgrade for free, but I'd be a little ticked for paying $150+ extra for 2 extra inches of room and a snack bag just like econ.

Yes, COVID, I get it.... but for a 5+ flight maybe a little something extra?
A shame they did not provide more on that flight. I was in Y on SLC-IAD, and both ways they provided 2 x of the snack bags.
bman1002 is offline  
Old Nov 10, 20, 10:56 pm
  #8  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 91,512
Isn't DL supposed to give a second snack baggie an hour before arrival on longer domestic flights, at least in C+?
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Nov 11, 20, 11:00 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: Delta PM
Posts: 497
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Isn't DL supposed to give a second snack baggie an hour before arrival on longer domestic flights, at least in C+?
That's been my experience, yes.
dcadwell is offline  
Old Nov 12, 20, 8:26 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Coast
Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Posts: 10,285
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Isn't DL supposed to give a second snack baggie an hour before arrival on longer domestic flights, at least in C+?
Last month I did ATL SLC in C+ (PS cabin since it was 764) and we weren't provided a second snack bag though the crew did offer water and beer/wine several times throughout the flight; same for ATL LAX so not sure if flights equipped with and marketed as D1 would be the ones that qualify for the second bag.
fly747first is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: