FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Is Delta Monitoring Flyertalk? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2025448-delta-monitoring-flyertalk.html)

blug Sep 21, 2020 10:30 pm

(Replied to wrong thread)

williwaw Sep 21, 2020 11:44 pm

If you’re listening Delta, deposit 5,000 miles.

vinnmann Oct 11, 2020 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 32691844)
I think it depends... if what they did was clearly "in bounds" then I might be specific. If I get the sense they might've bent or broken a rule in my favor (and can't give a JWD for some reason) I might write in a compliment and just say something bland and generic like "provided great/attentive service" etc.

I'll second this, but I still wouldn't give names.

Back to the original discussion, I believe without a doubt people at DL monitor these boards in an official capacity. However, I am also certain there will never be a policy change based on what is seen here. I would more likely imagine them seeing discussions trending and using that information to influence how they obtain other analytics. For example, they see people at FT complaining about the reduced offerings in F so they decide to include related questions in their next survey. I think the other way they use FT is to close loopholes when they are discovered.

p100a Oct 11, 2020 1:15 pm

How does one get a survey email? Is there a setting in our profile?

cmd320 Oct 11, 2020 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by p100a (Post 32739690)
How does one get a survey email? Is there a setting in our profile?

No, it's pretty much random. I'll get them on some flights and not others. One thing that does seem to trigger them more often is if there's a delay of some kind.

The Situation Oct 11, 2020 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 32691844)
I think it depends... if what they did was clearly "in bounds" then I might be specific. If I get the sense they might've bent or broken a rule in my favor (and can't give a JWD for some reason) I might write in a compliment and just say something bland and generic like "provided great/attentive service" etc.

I always make sure to write in a compliment if someone goes above and beyond. If I think they might have been out of bounds in going above and beyond, I always let the employee know that I plan to write in a compliment and ask if its okay if I give specific details of what occurred. If I think they were in a gray area, I justify why what the employee did was the right thing to do. Nobody should ever get in trouble for providing great service.

fly747first Oct 11, 2020 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 32739795)
No, it's pretty much random. I'll get them on some flights and not others. One thing that does seem to trigger them more often is if there's a delay of some kind.

Hey, hey give DL's C- marketing analytics team some credit, it's tough to think for them, I mean, it's so hard! lol