Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta AMEX promo - Reserve/Platinum - MQM bonus and dining credits.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta AMEX promo - Reserve/Platinum - MQM bonus and dining credits.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2020, 4:05 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Oh, also AMEX will only show up to 100 pending offers at a time, so if you are already at 100 you can try accepting a few randomly just to get under 100, and then see if other new offers get populated (may not happen instantly, so check back a while later)
Old Aug 19, 2020, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Oh, also AMEX will only show up to 100 pending offers at a time, so if you are already at 100 you can try accepting a few randomly just to get under 100, and then see if other new offers get populated (may not happen instantly, so check back a while later)
I had 107 offers yesterday and have had more than 100 at other times.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 5:55 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Want to make sure I'm reading this offer correctly. If I spend $5K on a single transaction I'll received 2500 MQMs and 2500 RDMS correct? Or will that only be considered one transactions and I'll only get 500 MQMs and 500 RDMs?
If you use it on the BUSINESS Platinum AND spend more than 5k on a transaction, then you will get 5000+2500+2500 RDMs and 2500MQM (as the terms indicate this 2500RDM+2500MQM is in addition to all other bonuses)
You will get 50% RDM bonus on a DL Business Plat card with any transaction of 5000 or above = 2500 bonus = max bonus 50,000 miles = 20 such charges or a total 100k charge at one go
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
After another call with Amex, they confirmed there is no way for them to move the offer from one Delta card to another as the “accounts” themselves are targeted. Not very happy.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Spent my first $1k since enrolling and got a confirmation email: "If your purchase meets the offer terms, you will have successfully redeemed your offer to Earn Bonus Miles + Medallion Qualification Miles. Don't forget: You can continue to Earn Bonus Miles + Medallion Qualification Miles until 12/31/2020."

They haven't actually posted yet, but I wouldn't have expected them to.
dcadwell likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Current Targeted Offer for New Delta Amex (Gold) Card

Originally Posted by ffI
My SO had the Reserve till April and downgraded it to a Gold card - does not have the offer on card now
I downgraded in July - I have the offer - so I think the offer goes to who ever had a DL Plat or Reserve AS OF JULY 1
Makes sense because Delta sent me a targeted offer for a new Gold Delta Amex Business card. I cancelled my Delta Plat Amex card in fall 2019 because it no longer made sense to continue to hold it because of benefit downgrades amex imposed then. Amex could not have known in 2019 about COVID-19 coming.

The current targeted offer for the Gold biz card is:

50,000 bonus miles on $2,000 spend within 3 months.
A one-time 50% rebate on all spend up to a max of $200.
$99 annual fee waived for the first year.
Offer expires October 28 (an unusually long time for an offer).

New amex warning about applying for the sole purpose of getting the bonus and cancelling within a year. Claw-backs mentioned.

No language about "no bonus for previous holders of the card." I previously got this same card in 2009. Not sure if the amex "one bonus per lifetime" ends after 10 years, or if amex is waiving it this one time.

The landing page for the offer includes the ability to select any of six Delta amex cards -- Gold, Plat, Reserve, personal or business. All have different welcome offers up to 70,000 miles.

Last edited by Bowgie; Aug 22, 2020 at 1:49 am
Old Aug 21, 2020, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL DM
Glad I saw this post. I saw this online (Delta.com?) and thought it was their new welcome offer—not something for current cardholders. This will work out quite well!

Last edited by tardyturtle; Aug 21, 2020 at 9:48 pm
Old Aug 21, 2020, 9:46 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
I got the offer on my RESERVE and just signed up. I wonder how long the bonuses will take to post.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
I got the offer on my RESERVE and just signed up. I wonder how long the bonuses will take to post.
My guess is shortly after each statement, they'll post the total bonus accumulated on that statement. Just a guess.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 5:21 am

When it says “additional cards do not qualify”, I assume that means additional accounts? Or is it referring to authorized users on the same account?
Old Aug 22, 2020, 7:15 am

I'm going to be 9,000 MQM shy of diamond after this bonus, and I just don't see myself earning that much from flying the rest of the year. What a bummer. Already met the MQD waiver too.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Has anyone done the math if it is better for the 500 miles/500 MQM miles with the Delta Platinum, vs the AMEX Platinum's offer of spending $1500 and getting 1000 MR points?

I've gotten to the point that I have too many cards and can't keep track of all these offers!
Old Aug 22, 2020, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by smallbizzguy
I'm going to be 9,000 MQM shy of diamond after this bonus, and I just don't see myself earning that much from flying the rest of the year. What a bummer. Already met the MQD waiver too.
100% unconditional MQM rollover this year, so you'll start next year just 9k MQM short also (but you will have to meet the waiver again)
Old Aug 22, 2020, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
When it says “additional cards do not qualify”, I assume that means additional accounts? Or is it referring to authorized users on the same account?
good question. I took it to mean authorized users.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
Originally Posted by El Boocho
good question. I took it to mean authorized users.
+1
Rereading the Full Ts&Cs for the offer, it seems clear that the offer applies only to purchases made with the Basic cardmember's card and does not apply to purchases made by Additional cardholders on that same account. Still a good offer, but it is an important limitation to be aware of.
HeadInTheClouds likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.