FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DL moving to PKX (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1995648-dl-moving-pkx.html)

flyerCO Nov 16, 2019 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by james318 (Post 31744153)
One may argue semantics on that. The actual quote:

I must've missed the announcement that DL/MU were building jointly operated lounges. If this was to be a ST lounge it would've said a ST lounge and never mentioned MU.

MSPeconomist Nov 16, 2019 3:00 pm

Then I'm missing something. If it's a MU lounge, that would mean MU operated (and not a contract lounge). SkyTeam rules then apply and GM+/SkyTeam ElitePlus traveling on any DL, MU or other SkyTeam operated flight, even in coach, would have access (as a departure lounge, not upon arrival).

Of course, a potential problem with the rules is that they wouldn't guarantee acces before a (presumably MU operated) domestic flight within mainland China.

flyerCO Nov 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31744277)
Then I'm missing something. If it's a MU lounge, that would mean MU operated (and not a contract lounge). SkyTeam rules then apply and GM+/SkyTeam ElitePlus traveling on any DL, MU or other SkyTeam operated flight, even in coach, would have access (as a departure lounge, not upon arrival).

Of course, a potential problem with the rules is that they wouldn't guarantee acces before a (presumably MU operated) domestic flight within mainland China.

MU Grant's lounge access to J/STE+ passenger, even on domestic flights.

Bowgie Nov 16, 2019 7:01 pm

Sad for the change, but I understand.

I stay at the Conrad in the Sanlitun area when I go to Beijing. Very convenient from Capitol Airport. Not so much from "Starfish."
Capitol is a dump, so it is hard to complain too much about the change.

flyerCO Nov 16, 2019 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Bowgie (Post 31744844)
I stay at the Conrad in the Sanlitun area when I go to Beijing. Very convenient from Capitol Airport. Not so much from "Starfish."

I'll miss the PEK Hilton. I know they're building a Hilton for Daxing. However the PEK Hilton is one of my favorite. I enjoy it even more than the Beijing Conrad. Always been upgraded to a duplex (2 floor) suite.

rufflesinc Nov 22, 2019 11:34 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 31743823)

link is now broken .... :(

jrkmsp Nov 22, 2019 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by rufflesinc (Post 31766263)
link is now broken .... :(

I guess they didn't expect us to find it ... and publicize it. lol

moondog Nov 23, 2019 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Bowgie (Post 31744844)

I will still use PEK for my SHA flights because Daxing is inconvenient for me as well, but I will welcome it with open arms for ATL and DTW.