Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Departure Lounge BOS International (Business class) ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"

We haven't flown Delta in ages. However, the only suitable non-stop flight to EDI was Delta, so we're on it next week.

Is there a J class lounge accessible for Delta in the International Terminal? The only online info I can find is for a lounge for domestic flights. Our flight is supposedly flat-bed, but J was the highest "class", not F, so I'm not sure where that places us in any hierarchy.

Thanks!

ETA: We also have Priority Pass through Amex Plat, in case that gives us better/any choices.

GC

Last edited by GeezerCouple; Jul 11, 2019 at 5:41 am
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:14 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Today's BOS-EDI flight departs from Terminal A. There is a Delta SkyClub near A7. There is no Priority Pass lounge in A.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by mia
Today's BOS-EDI flight departs from Terminal A. There is a Delta SkyClub near A7. There is no Priority Pass lounge in A.
Ah - thanks! It didn't even occur to us (yet) that we wouldn't be departing from the International terminal.
(Yup, we would have checked next week, so we'd know where to be dropped off!)

The only international flight I can remember leaving BOS from other than the International terminal are the AC flights from their own little gate area.

This would explain why I couldn't find any reference to Delta in Terminal E...

Who gets access to Delta's Sky Club?

Thanks again.

GC
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
You'll have access to the Delta SkyClub if you're flying in J across the Atlantic on Delta. There are two lounges in A: one near gate 7 and the other near 18. I've been to the one near 7. It's a big lounge with pretty decent food and beverage offerings.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dhuey
You'll have access to the Delta SkyClub if you're flying in J across the Atlantic on Delta. There are two lounges in A: one near gate 7 and the other near 18. I've been to the one near 7. It's a big lounge with pretty decent food and beverage offerings.
Great, thanks very much.

Yes, we are flying J across the Pond.

Main thing is trying to find a reasonably comfortable (or "most comfortable", relatively speaking) place to wait. We try to get to airports early these days, allowing time for possibly traffic delays, or TSA snafus, or "whatever".

GC
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
Great, thanks very much.

Yes, we are flying J across the Pond.

Main thing is trying to find a reasonably comfortable (or "most comfortable", relatively speaking) place to wait. We try to get to airports early these days, allowing time for possibly traffic delays, or TSA snafus, or "whatever".

GC
The one in the satellite concourse, Gate 18 is nicer, but is a hike if your flight isn't departing out of there.

Both are pretty good and have lots of space in my experience. If you have time you can hit up both of them. There is one right to the left of the security checkpoint.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:56 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Since this is a Delta specific thread, I think I had better move it to the Delta forum. Many thanks to those who have contributed to this during its run in the Airport Lounges forum.

CWS/mod
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Since this is a Delta specific thread, I think I had better move it to the Delta forum. Many thanks to those who have contributed to this during its run in the Airport Lounges forum.

CWS/mod
Thanks.

Just to clarify, i had initially purposefully not put it in the "Delta" section, because it seemed likely there was not a "Delta" lounge, but might be something like Priority Pass, or maybe something like the shared Air France lounge in Terminal E (international), which we've needed to use for a few other airlines without their own lounge.

Apologies.

GC
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, UA Silver, DL Plat, AS MVP, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
One potentially fun thing to consider since you are newer to DL would be using some of your SkyMiles (either existing balance or transfer in from Amex Points) to purchase a bottle of champagne or something else at the SkyClub bar. Fun way to start the trip, especially if you are going to be spending a bit of time in the SkyClub. I believe it is 12,500 miles for a bottle of Dom P and 7,500 for Laurent Perrier Rose. The free stuff they serve in the lounge is generally garbage so can be a fun way to treat yourself.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:39 pm

The Edi flight usually leaves from the “satellite” part of terminal a. The sky club on that side is larger and arguably nicer but in the evening especially during the summer when there are more international flights the club near a 7 can be more peaceful
bosman likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
French champagne will be served as soon as you are up in the air; the PDB will be prosecco. There will also be a choice ot two white wines and two red wines in D1, plus port served with the cheese course. Given this, you might not want alcohol before the flight.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:27 pm

Ah - thanks! It didn't even occur to us (yet) that we wouldn't be departing from the International terminal.
(Yup, we would have checked next week, so we'd know where to be dropped off!)

The only international flight I can remember leaving BOS from other than the International terminal are the AC flights from their own little gate area.
At BOS, all airlines with a presence in another terminal (meaning besides E) will depart their international flights from their regular terminal and only arrive into E. The only departing flights from E are carriers with a small presence at the airport (mostly foreign although a couple of domestic airlines that only have 1 or 2 flights a day)
will2288 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:31 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dblumenhoff
At BOS, all airlines with a presence in another terminal (meaning besides E) will depart their international flights from their regular terminal and only arrive into E. The only departing flights from E are carriers with a small presence at the airport (mostly foreign although a couple of domestic airlines that only have 1 or 2 flights a day)
ORD is basically the same way.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
French champagne will be served as soon as you are up in the air; the PDB will be prosecco. There will also be a choice ot two white wines and two red wines in D1, plus port served with the cheese course. Given this, you might not want alcohol before the flight.
Thanks.

Alas, despite some of the nice bubbly served on some F or J flights, we don't drink all that much alcohol when flying - and not that much otherwise, either, unless there is truly *fine* red Bordeaux (of a quality not served on any flight we've been on... yet). But we'll definitely have a few ceremonial sips on board

Does Delta show the menus, or have any pre-flight choices?
It's a late departure, so we might not get a real meal. We'll probably do better just to get to sleep, as it's not a long flight.

Many thanks to all.

GC
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:48 pm

Thanks.

Alas, despite some of the nice bubbly served on some F or J flights, we don't drink all that much alcohol when flying - and not that much otherwise, either, unless there is truly *fine* red Bordeaux (of a quality not served on any flight we've been on... yet). But we'll definitely have a few ceremonial sips on board

Does Delta show the menus, or have any pre-flight choices?
It's a late departure, so we might not get a real meal. We'll probably do better just to get to sleep, as it's not a long flight.

Many thanks to all.

GC
At about T-70, you should get an email with a link inviting you to preorder your main course. If it doesn't arrive, DL phone agents can describe the choices and let you make your selection. The deadline for doing this is T-24, which is also the deadline for changing the preorder, although on my last flight the purser was very explicit in asking passengers whether we wanted to stick with the preordered selection. The choices tend to be some variation on beef, chicken, fish, and vegetarian lasagne.

You can see the wine selections on related website pages, or you can probably find the winelist with descriptions if you look at the "D1 experience" on delta.dumb. Unfortunately, the current reds are Malbec from Argentina and a Rhone red that didn't impress me. Champagne in Lanson Black Label Brut, which isn't bad IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.