Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Another "Is it worth it?" thread - Plat vs Diamond

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another "Is it worth it?" thread - Plat vs Diamond

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
I guess I see the confusion here, I said "as a PM" but then I said "unless he flies exactly 140 segments and basically never has a segment over 500 miles" when I meant "or".
MQMs only roll over above the requirement for level of status achieved. So for someone to roll over MQMs they necessarily have to have achieved their status via MQMs (even if they first achieved it via MQSs).

So if the OP makes DM via segments, they only roll-over MQMs above the DM MQM threshold, 125k miles.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
How are you getting priority pass through Amex? I thought they only included it with the platinum card.
I believe Hilton Aspire also offers priority pass.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
DM is much more valuable if you fly internationally with the use of GUCs or fly transcons with the use of up to 12 RUCs. PMs can only get 4. Otherwise, a lot is dependent on what routes you fly at what times. My upgrade route was higher as a PM last year than as a DM the year before because of the routes I fly.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I dont care that I am DM in the sense that I get thanked for my loyalty, get to board in F, etc etc blah blah blah but the benefits of DM (mainly the GUC) I flew myself + 1 r/t from DTW-PEK in D1 because of my 4 GUCs. Cash value against what I paid for Premium select was ~$4,000 a person r/t or $8,000 total. Also when I call in I dont wait (or the wait is "2 - 3 minutes") besides that nothing special.

The GUCs had a tangible value to me, getting through quicker means I waste less of my life on the phone, the rest is just fluff. So I guess my answer is if you select GUCs and use them on some of the longest non stop DL flights then yes its worth it if you come in cheaper then what you paid for those flights to get to DM.

23% currently for the year on upgrades as a DM so being DM does nothing for comped upgrades for me (though I am hub captive with LOTS of DMs)
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by bloc0102
I believe Hilton Aspire also offers priority pass.
Ascend give 10 visits per year too.

Originally Posted by LostInAmerica
So far I see no reason to not expend some extra effort if I get close to Diamond qualification.
$500 and three wasted Saturdays.
George84 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.