Wiki Posts
Search

just waiting for late plane

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 9:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ethernal
So let me get this straight.. you're proposing that - in order to avoid a 50 minute delay - Delta scrambles to find a crew to fly the 757 to JAC, and then have them turn the same plane empty from JAC, and then fly an empty A319 and RON it in SLC so that there is a plane to fly the return route? So in order to avoid a 50 minute delay (for a plane that was already going to RON) they will fly not one but two empty segments?

Are you insane?

PS - SLC is not a large hub for Delta. It is their third smallest hub (only larger than O/D focused LAX and barely birthed SEA). MSP, DTW, ATL, JFK, even O/D-oriented LGA by a nose are larger than SLC.
Let me help you get it straight since you’re having trouble. Never once did I say DL “needed” to upgauge any flight to avoid a 50-Minute delay.

Let me also help you get it straight that all I said was that DL has options to get people to JAC and it wouldn’t take days to do so.

Last edited by ryandc99; May 30, 2019 at 10:51 pm
Old May 30, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
To compound things re: JAC scheduling, I've heard only a small subset of Delta 320 family pilots are qualified to fly in and out of JAC.
Old May 31, 2019, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
I recently had the opposite happen to me when I get to the gate 8 minutes prior to departure due to a delay, but they already closed the flight and had it leave 5 minutes early. Let's just say that there were at least a half dozen angry people.
Doors close 10 minutes prior for domestic flights.
Old May 31, 2019, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by FSUnole03

Let me help you get it straight since you’re having trouble. Never once did I say DL “needed” to upgauge any flight to avoid a 50-Minute delay.

Let me also help you get it straight that all I said was that DL has options to get people to JAC and it wouldn’t take days to do so.

And what people have been telling you is that while there are options, each of them introduces a bunch of additional complications and none of them are (as you claimed) "easy"
Old May 31, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
I used SLC as my main connecting hub when I lived in Portland. That "last flight to PDX" was my choice dozens of times, and often with hairy weather affecting the inbound legs I took from various cities in the East.

Although there were many close calls, Delta never stranded me, not even once, in SLC.

A few years ago, I was on a Delta 747 from Atlanta to Narita that was diverted for a medical emergency to Anchorage. We arrived in Japan almost three hours late. Delta held every Asian connection, including mine to Hong Kong and Korean held a flight to Seoul.

I tend to trust their judgement and 50 minutes isn't much of a wait to make the net-work actually "-work."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.