Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Snack Basket Losing Variety?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Awesome snack selection on my LAX-SLC flight today including Michel et Augustin cookies and fresh bananas. I ended up in F on a Basic Economy ticket so score on all fronts.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond; VS Gold; Uber Diamond
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
. I ended up in F on a Basic Economy ticket so score on all fronts.
how? Op-up?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by CatchFlightsNotFeelings

how? Op-up?
Guess so. No status. Full flight.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
I, too experienced a fantastic snack basket today on an AM departure from PHX.

Plenty of the Michel et Augustin cookies, PopCorners and the other favorites. Still not the treasure hunt it used to be, but definitely improved. Seems like the new management in that department has heard us and is upping their game a bit.

The final proof will be if we see that same quality in the flights ex-ATL, as that has been identified as a weak snack-basket stocking station in prior posts. On ATL-PHX in F last week, we did not even see the snack basket at all.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
It’s been so strange: I’ve flown ATL -> GRR and back 8 times this month. On those routes (both out and back) I’ve had the Michel et Augustine cookies on every single basket. But NONE of my other routes have had it (including hub to hub ATL/DTW/MSP) (about 16 other FC legs).

Are certain routes “premium?” (Not that I consider GRR a premium...though there are a LOT of DMs there)
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Those Michel et Augustin cookies are seriously good. I remember the first time I saw them in the basket and looked at it and the FA said, they are really good, you should try them. Always get some if they are available.

What really irritates me is if there aren't any real potato chips, not poppers or any other sort of similar.

I must confess I am also a big Cheez-It fan. I actually put one or two small bags in my luggage when I travel because they are perfect for late night.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:24 pm

Was just on DTW-GRR (120 miles) on a regional. The snack basket had everything including the Poppers chips, bananas, Oreos, and the Michel et Augustine cookies. VERY surprised because normally on this route, FC only gets a very small basket of Biscoff, nuts, and maybe the granola bars (the standard snacks) due to the short flight. The flight attendants were surprised too.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
Was just on DTW-GRR (120 miles) on a regional. The snack basket had everything including the Poppers chips, bananas, Oreos, and the Michel et Augustine cookies. VERY surprised because normally on this route, FC only gets a very small basket of Biscoff, nuts, and maybe the granola bars (the standard snacks) due to the short flight. The flight attendants were surprised too.
Was there a ship swap for that flight?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:09 am
Taz

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
I'm surprised that you got anything at all! AZO-DTW is the same distance/length and gets absolutely nothing in FC, ever, at least in my experience. Once in awhile a PDB, but nothing once airborne.
Pianoman109876 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by ekozie
Was there a ship swap for that flight?
I don't think so! It was always a CR9

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.