Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyClub agents are powerless

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
DM/HVC are entitled to the Westin at DTW. Anyone else gets whatever the system gives. However not all agents know this. More than once ive jad to take my voucher for whatever jumk hotel, go up to checkin, and get an agent to change it to the Westin. SC/desks inside international arrivals are the two places I've had good luck getting right off the bat. It was here I learned about getting the Westin. Flight landed late from PVG. Jad been rebooked already and hotel voucher issued. Agent was horrified when Days inn printed out instead of Westin. Called a number and chewed them out about not sending a DM/HVC to Westin.
Good to know. Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
LGA SC is the worst for trying to make a change. I was told to call the Platinum line because the agent flat out couldn't help me. Such great service, lol
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I wonder if DL has some customer value rating (beyond Medallion status) like AA has long had (one's Eagle score). It's easier to say 'I can't do that' than 'Delta has decided you're not worthy.'
manually likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by TurfGuy
The staff in FLL SC is always superb. Have rebooked me while I was driving to the airport when my original itin was delayed. I've never asked for comp, just their assistance.
Very true, I have found the SkyClub staff to be some of the best in the system, also my home club DFW has a pretty awesome staff. MCO is hit/miss depending on who is working at the given moment, but they have helped me out too in the past.

With that said, the FLL SkyClub is truly tops, they have gone above and beyond for me many times and do with a smile, truly exemplary group of employees.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
It highly depends on the agent, IME.
This is also, IME, one place that years of experience really pays off. Agents who have been at it for years tend to know the tricks. Agents who know what they are doing can make lots of things happen, and it seems to have very little to do with where they work. There are GA's, check in agents, phone agents and SC agents who know all the loopholes, and who know who to call in management (and have the relationship with them) to get favors when needed. And there are plenty who don't or who are at least unwilling to try, or who are just to new.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I think this may be agent/club dependent. I've always had great luck with the agents at DCA, ATL (T, E, F), SLC, LAX, MCO, JFK.
As with anything, I find the more friendly and understanding I am the better the service I receive when traveling.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
As with anything, I find the more friendly and understanding I am the better the service I receive when traveling.
If only more people understood this very basic principle of what it means to live in human society.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by TurfGuy
The staff in FLL SC is always superb. Have rebooked me while I was driving to the airport when my original itin was delayed. I've never asked for comp, just their assistance.
Originally Posted by kmersh
With that said, the FLL SkyClub is truly tops, they have gone above and beyond for me many times and do with a smile, truly exemplary group of employees.
I gotta agree. My experience with FLL SC has been limited, but the one time that I had a major flight delay, they proactively got me on an earlier flight and got my u/g transferred as well. And this was done and waiting for me when I ARRIVED at the SC. I gave JWD certs to both staff at the desk. That is truly staff looking out for their HVC. ^
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
DCA agents are wonderful and in my experience easier to deal with the gate during IRROPS.
puck021, DCAproducer and channonc like this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
Having been exposed to the magical powers of the CO President’s Club staff I would have to agree. SkyClub agents have been reduced to glorified club credential checkers that blurt out WiFi passwords, your name and gate to the listening audience in the club.

I’ve found more support by phoning the Diamond Medallion line a few feet away then asking the SkyClub to print the Diamond line fixes, yet sometimes you need feet on the ground to issue hotels and meals.

Recently had a DTW IRROP and had to walk them thru how to issue a Diamond a Westin room -vs- the Days Inn. Most DTW staff didn’t even know that was possible, including a red coat at the ticket counter I sought after the SC agent botched the hotel voucher.
Your loss. Days Inn includes free morning fuel.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Your loss. Days Inn includes free morning fuel.
Agnt should include a morning fuel voucher for the Westin for DM/HVC. Numerous times also get an evening voucher also.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:24 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond; VS Gold; Uber Diamond
I agree with the consensus here, but want to note that SLC has been always AMAZING. DTW has always been effectively useless.

otherws are a mixed bag
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: Delta PM
Nothing but positive experiences for me in NRT.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by CatchFlightsNotFeelings
I agree with the consensus here, but want to note that SLC has been always AMAZING. DTW has always been effectively useless.

otherws are a mixed bag
totally agree DTW...
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:42 am

It's agent dependent and it's customer dependent. I once stood in line behind "Mr Jerk" who was absolutely furious that ATL was closed due to a storm (that we could all see) Cursing and carrying on like a 2 year old having his toy taken away. Both of us are going to the same spot. Mr. Jerk goes up to his agent and proceeds to tell her how Delta is run by incompetent people and basically yell at her (as if she was God and created storms?) , I smile and act nice. I am put on the flight waiting at the gate in First Class. Mr Jerk gets told "you have to wait until your plane refuels at it's diversion airport, flies here, off loads and then you can get on and go" Wonder why one of us got good assistance and the other didn't?
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.