Search

DL raising TATL J award prices?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
DL raising TATL J award prices?

Blogs are reporting that DL has raised the base TATL J award to 105k OW and 210k RT for DL metal

https://onemileatatime.com/delta-rai...-costs-europe/

Paging LBJ...
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Duke787
Blogs are reporting that DL has raised the base TATL J award to 105k OW and 210k RT for DL metal

https://onemileatatime.com/delta-rai...-costs-europe/

Paging LBJ...
Seems out line. If only they had an award chart that was published!
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
However, DL does seem to be offering flash sales with some regularity these days. I wonder if this is part of their strategy. Instead of having "saver" inventory, have sale events that probably encourage a lot of SM spending all at once due to the time pressure.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Seems like it is happening, PDX-LHR award I booked went from 86k to 105k for Delta 1. Seems Delta is getting more aggressive with their J devaluations as the suite products begin to roll out.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's already an existing thread on this from a couple weeks ago --

EUR-US saver one-ways increased significantly in past couple of hours

They were flip-flopping back-and-forth for awhile between having an RT booking requirement (CSVR1050 vs. CSV1050), but have settled on the CSV1050 (90-day AP) for DL metal. AF/KL/AZ remain at 75K (60-day AP) and VS is 86K (60-day AP). There's currently summer seasonal TATL J awards for 88K each-way (RT booking required).

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 13, 2019 at 11:02 am
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
Glad I got an EDI-JFK D1 fare for 86k back in January. Geeze.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:38 pm

I noticed this the other day when looking, 105k one way to zurich, round trip was only 128k (offpeak obviously).
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by devans999
I noticed this the other day when looking, 105k one way to zurich, round trip was only 128k (offpeak obviously).
The 128K RT awards (CSVR640's) were for good for 6/30 - 9/6. I wouldn't call that "offpeak". These are no longer available, but there are CSVR880's available with same seasonal availability and restrictions (60-day advance purchase and Saturday night stay required).
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I don't know how anyone can even know what the "base award" redemption is. Every time I look, they're all over the place (mostly in the sky-high range).
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

Seems out line. If only they had an award chart that was published!
Funny enough I received a survey this morning from Delta not long after the blogs first reported this further devaluation of Sky Miles award-redemptions.

The survey asked several questions about my opinion of Sky Miles, the Medallion elite statuses and even a question or two about global upgrade certificates, which I found interesting. It also asked for my comments, which I gave. I made it known the single-biggest improvement Delta could make would be to republish the award chart so we all know what we should be paying.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Mar 13, 2019 at 3:20 pm
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Problem with the flash sales is that they are horrible routes, like all at least 20 hours outbound from SFO and around 30 hours return.

so ...... routings they can’t sell.

plus will you have enough lead time to book hotels at favorable rates?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hotturnip
I don't know how anyone can even know what the "base award" redemption is. Every time I look, they're all over the place (mostly in the sky-high range).
i usually do a 5 week search and look through the whole schedule to see what the lowest listed price is. Of course that doesn’t mean it is the lowest, but the best I can do now...I searched LAX-SYD a few weeks ago through end of schedule in J and saw everything from 240k - 985k r/t...
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by wco81
Problem with the flash sales is that they are horrible routes, like all at least 20 hours outbound from SFO and around 30 hours return.

so ...... routings they can’t sell.

plus will you have enough lead time to book hotels at favorable rates?
I agree that the flash sales are not great, but there has been some really good availability on many routes. However, at least during the sale last fall, I was able to get SFO-SEA-AMS with 13:25 hours of travel time for 98K miles. And flying from SFO I expect to have to make connections to stay loyal to DL.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LBJ
The 128K RT awards (CSVR640's) were for good for 6/30 - 9/6. I wouldn't call that "offpeak". These are no longer available, but there are CSVR880's available with same seasonal availability and restrictions (60-day advance purchase and Saturday night stay required).
Do you believe that the CSVR880s now represent the lowest DL-metal US49-Europe award band? Sixty day adv/Sat stay/round-trip purchase?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I agree that the flash sales are not great, but there has been some really good availability on many routes. However, at least during the sale last fall, I was able to get SFO-SEA-AMS with 13:25 hours of travel time for 98K miles. And flying from SFO I expect to have to make connections to stay loyal to DL.
I've done redemptions connecting through SEA. That's fine I understand it's part of it.

It will add 3-4 hours over a nonstop TATL.

But when the sale routings add 9 or 10 hours to an outbound over a connecting routing, then it's not worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.