Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will there be a Delta and Hilton partnership?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

This morning I saw this news https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericros...w-partnership/

Considering the partnership between United and Marriott, I wonder what Delta will do in the future ( the news already speculates about a DL-Hilton partnership). I'm also curious about what partnership it gonna be. I'm now a lowly Hilton silver, I will be very happy if DM can get me a gold there .
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hjz131
This morning I saw this news https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericros...w-partnership/

Considering the partnership between United and Marriott, I wonder what Delta will do in the future ( the news already speculates about a DL-Hilton partnership). I'm also curious about what partnership it gonna be. I'm now a lowly Hilton silver, I will be very happy if DM can get me a gold there .
If you want Gold badly enough you can just pay AMEX $95 bucks/year as it stands today
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by Duke787
If you want Gold badly enough you can just pay AMEX $95 bucks/year as it stands today
That's what I do. I got the Ascent card yet I still make HH Diamond.
Or you could get the Aspire and be Diamond for $450
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
If I am guessing and speculating, yes.

Now, if they can just transfer my lifetime diamond status at Hilton to lifetime diamond at Delta.
ebuck, puck021, DiverDave and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Shotgun wedding of the Amex dependent?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
In a different thread, recently, there was speculation that a new partnership might be in the works because they have stopped branding the domestic F and PS blankets as Westin, now it's only D1. Does Hilton have a brand for their bedding?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Disappointing if it happens. Guess Hilton is the only major chain left (with United locked up with Marriott/Starwood already). Would have loved a Delta-Hyatt partnership as ever since Starwood folded into the Marriott mothership formally last year I've started to stay more at Hyatts.
Beyond a weak and watered down loyalty program, Hilton's incredibly weak destination/luxury offerings are a deal breaker for any kind of real interest in staying at their hotels.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by ethernal
Disappointing if it happens. Guess Hilton is the only major chain left (with United locked up with Marriott/Starwood already). Would have loved a Delta-Hyatt partnership as ever since Starwood folded into the Marriott mothership formally last year I've started to stay more at Hyatts.
Beyond a weak and watered down loyalty program, Hilton's incredibly weak destination/luxury offerings are a deal breaker for any kind of real interest in staying at their hotels.
I have never found much value in hotel loyalty programs since I travel to a wide range of destinations where its not always practical to be loyal to a brand (although I do prefer Marriott generally) or I don't have a choice in where I stay. The result is I can't stay enough nights in a hotel brand annually to get any sort of meaningful status. With my patterns, Hilton would be a more useful partnership for me as I see a lot more Hilton branded hotels than Hyatt branded hotels. If there was a crossover rewards program, I probably would direct more nights towards Hilton, but still book what works best for me. I have long assumed that Hilton and Delta would eventually partner up given the size and reach of the two companies and Hilton's propensity to give out status like candy.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I would love to see a partnership since Delta is the airline I use most and Hilton is the hotel chain I use most. Would make since seeing both companies are in bed with Am Ex. Would be great to get HIlton Points on all my Delta flights and Delta miles on my Hilton stays like we used to get with the SPG crossover program. Seeing Hilton won't even give their own Diamonds a 4 p.m. checkout I doubt they would give it to Delta Diamonds the way SPG did with Delta diamonds. I really miss the SPG crossover program, I didn't stay enough at SPG to get status and it was great having the 4 p.m. checkout and free wifi when I would stay at SPG's.
DiverDave and GRALISTAIR like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:58 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I'd love to see it as I derive lots of benefits with Hilton. I did like cross-over rewards with SPG and was bummed that it folded, but then their program didn't get me much in the end. I moved to Hyatt before their current program and now very happy with Hilton. So the cross-partnership would be awesome for me! I think it does make sense to partner if it helps lead people to each others brands.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I used to make Hilton gold on nights when I was working, but the SPG crossover was good to have.
Now that I’m retired I use the Hilton CC to keep gold status. Crossover for my DL DM would be a nice benefit for me.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ethernal
Hyatt doesn't have anywhere near enough properties. AA is welcome to them. Certainly not all of Hilton's properties are aspirational - pretension alert - but it's got more than 7x the property count of Hyatt.

IHG?
indufan likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
- pretension alert -

What do you mean by this?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
It looks like Hyatt is link to AA now:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericros...w-partnership/

so the only options left are Hilton and perhaps IHG. I wouldn't mind Hilton, as you can easily get their status via Amex cc, and then get benefits on DL. Hopefully they will also have improve transfer rate, but I highly doubt it.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Hyatt doesn't have anywhere near enough properties. AA is welcome to them. Certainly not all of Hilton's properties are aspirational - pretension alert - but it's got more than 7x the property count of Hyatt.

IHG?
Don't forget about Wyndham!

Well, they do have a lot of properties...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.