Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Elevate Your Status is Live

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
2018 Elevate Your Status is Live

Link is live if you are logged in. Prices about the same as last year.

http://www.delta.com/buymqms

Mods please merge or delete if duplicated; didn't see it on the front page.

Question - does this count toward the Amex Plat fee credit?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium

This is what I got. Seems a lot cheaper than last year.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by WWads
This is what I got. Seems a lot cheaper than last year.
I think it varies depending on what it gets you (e.g., PM -> DM is expensive, no status -> silver is cheap).
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I read the FAQ on the website and still don't have an answer... Do MQM purchased through this promotion count towards rollover for 2019?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
I'm $729 MQD away from DM and already at the MQM threshold, but the cheapest option DL will sell is 1,000 MQM, 3 MQS and $2,399 MQD for $2,399.

I already have plans through December to fly that much, but it comes off as kind of odd that I have to over-buy $1,500 in MQD that won't roll over..
Janair likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos
I read the FAQ on the website and still don't have an answer... Do MQM purchased through this promotion count towards rollover for 2019?
This is directly from the terms listed on the page linked to by the OP
" Any MQMs purchased that exceed the amount needed to achieve Medallion Status for 2019 will roll over and count towards your 2020 Status. "
Adelphos and Janair like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by ethernal
I think it varies depending on what it gets you (e.g., PM -> DM is expensive, no status -> silver is cheap).
I had the same prices in the screenshot, going from GM->PM

Pretty expensive if you only need 1000 MQM, but a pretty good deal for say, 5000+ MQM.
Janair likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by manacit
I'm $729 MQD away from DM and already at the MQM threshold, but the cheapest option DL will sell is 1,000 MQM, 3 MQS and $2,399 MQD for $2,399.

I already have plans through December to fly that much, but it comes off as kind of odd that I have to over-buy $1,500 in MQD that won't roll over..
Currently sitting at 100k/$13.9k -- decided a couple months ago not to go for DM and instead bank the rollover for PM next year expecting a bit less travel (at which point I booked away in one direction of RDU - SYD over to UA with confirmed upgrade instead of taking RDU - SYD on DL in both directions).

Got the same as you for PM ---> DM which is hilarious because the lowest offer only gets me there on MQD, doesn't get me there on MQM so what would be the point...
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
I'm well over on MQDs due to a China Southern trip over the summer. About 15,000 MQM short, but doesn't look worth it for me. I'll just roll over the miles and get a head start on next year.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by manacit

The cheapest option DL will sell you needing $729 MQDs is 1000 MQMs + 3MQSs +$999 MQDs = $999. I don't know where you're seeing your figures!
Mr. Tickets likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by audidudi
The cheapest option DL will sell you needing $729 MQDs is 1000 MQMs + 3MQSs +$999 MQDs = $999. I don't know where you're seeing your figures!
As mentioned earlier in the thread, I believe offers are different depending on what tier you'd be buying up to (and maybe other options). It's not the same for everyone. I am seeing my figures on the Delta website.

Here's what mine looks like:

I may have just gotten a new prescription, but I am pretty sure there is nothing for $999.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm shocked that DL is selling over 10,000 MQM this year.

I'm also wondering whether they're being careful to make offers only to those for whom it could result in higher status. They did this the first year and there were complaints from people who didn't read carefully, and then it seemed that DL was only making offers if acceptance could make a difference, versus only becoming rollover or going poof.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I got a rock. I guess DL doesn't want me to give them thousands of dollars. Oh well.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
I got a rock. I guess DL doesn't want me to give them thousands of dollars. Oh well.
What are your current stats for the year?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
I made DM for 2019 last week and I have manacit’s offer. Hmm, why would I want to spend $$ to get what I already have?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.