Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How To Prop FA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Robert Leach
Hmmm. When I first read your post, I thought you wanted to proposition the FA.
And I thought it was about an inebriated FA that needed assistance standing up.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
I think the whole reward for service chits that every airline has (AA has their own) is a joke because 99% of the it's the F cabin passenger who is giving one to the F cabin flight attendant. The folks who work the cattle in back rarely if ever see one.
That's interesting. I gave all 4 of my JWD certs in 2018 to two FAs that I observed helping someone else (a "kettle") out. No benefit to me at all. But there was no question that they were going above and beyond and I wanted to be sure that they were recognized for it. I also submitted a compliment on the website and got a nice call a week or so later thanking me for taking the time to recognize them.
enviroian likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Personally, I thank the crew as I exit the aircraft and if they went above and beyond, I would send a message to DL through the website.
I did both of these, just last night, for a super nice ATL based FA named Remington. Very attentive and personable.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by kpbadger
I sent a compliment via delta.com naming two specific flight attendants who were particularly good during a recent flight. The acknowledgment I received back from Delta a couple weeks later named the flight attendants. I'm sure their e-mail responses come from a template of some kind, but at least copying and pasting the names gives confidence that this may have found its way into a meaningful system.
IIRC in the past if you send in compliment with the employee's name = higher nonrev priority for 2 flying days (S2B).
Without it at some airports the employee is still recognized for the good work, but no S2B flight status without a hard name provided.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:24 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I think the whole reward for service chits that every airline has (AA has their own) is a joke because 99% of the it's the F cabin passenger who is giving one to the F cabin flight attendant. The folks who work the cattle in back rarely if ever see one.
do you have stats? All of mine for the last two years went to phone agents or gate agents.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Seabilly
This is how I do it. Tweet their name, flight number, route and day.
A DM is less public and probably better than a tweet with employee names.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Sounds like nonsense. There's a typically lot more elites travelling in Y, simply due to cabin ratios (have you looked at an upgrade list recently?). Add in the FA to pax ratio in Y, and there is a lot more opportunity for Y FAs.

'Outstanding service' in F is a lot higher bar than Y. If a Y FA mixes me a great cocktail, while juggling 10 other requests, they are getting a JWD. If I get that in F, that's expected. In 15 years I've never given a JWD cert in F.

Last edited by CPMaverick; Jan 20, 2019 at 5:58 pm
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
That's interesting. I gave all 4 of my JWD certs in 2018 to two FAs that I observed helping someone else (a "kettle") out. No benefit to me at all. But there was no question that they were going above and beyond and I wanted to be sure that they were recognized for it. I also submitted a compliment on the website and got a nice call a week or so later thanking me for taking the time to recognize them.
About two years ago I gave a JWD Cert to an FA for their assistance with another passenger - a kid (maybe 8-10 years old) who was having a mild panic attack on the plane while we were still at the gate. The kid was nervous about flying and constantly saying "I don't want to fly! I want to get off the plane!" FA could have easily had the kid and family removed on the basis of not wanting to be at 35,000 feet and a panicking kid and I don't think passengers or other crew would have objected, but instead the FA talked to the kid and even brought the kid up to the cockpit to talk to the pilots for a few minutes before we pushed back. Sometime en route I was up in the galley and mentioned to the FA what an amazing way it was in which she handled the situation and gave her one of my JWDs. Even though I wasn't the one who benefited from her action, there was no question she went above and beyond there.
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Sounds like nonsense. There's a typically lot more elites travelling in Y, simply due to cabin ratios (have you looked at an upgrade list recently?). Add in the FA to pax ratio in Y, and there is a lot more opportunity for Y FAs.

Not every Elite level gets JWDs though. Something to keep in mind. Also, Y cabin service is so minimal (even in C+) it becomes more difficult to really get "above and beyond" service in Y (though conversely any extra service could be "above and beyond").

That said, most of my past JWDs have gone to phone agents for their assistance in working a complicated itinerary or for bending rules to get me what I want or need.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
Hmmm. When I first read your post, I thought you wanted to proposition the FA.

There are three basic ways to send "props" (or kudos, or "job well done") to a FA.

One is to go to the Delta website and enter a compliment.

One is to actually write a letter to customer service and mail it in. (Still not sure but what this isn't the best method).

The third is to thank the FA sincerely as you exit the plane.
I thought the same.
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
I personally like to google their name, find out where they live, then go knock on their door and say thank you. Sometimes I bring a small gift like a box of chocolates or a puppy. If they don't answer just wait in the driveway until they come home.
A puppy. Always go with a puppy!
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
I am not convinced a Twitter agent would take the time, or frankly have a system available, to pass along kudos in a fashion that would credit to the FA involved. Maybe he/she would. Maybe the system is streamlined to do this. Consider me skeptical.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:29 pm

Vegas I usually give them each $100 chips to the MGM, you should see them light up, especially since they're sentenced to stay at Signature.

Midwestern domestic flights usually $100 Target cards.

If it's a small thank you, I usually carry a few dozen Starbucks cards.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
A DM is less public and probably better than a tweet with employee names.
While less public, I don't know that I'd consider a DM over a regular tweet to be better. A tweet not only shows my appreciation to a FA but also Delta so would, to me anyway, be good PR. Besides, we have an entire thread dedicated to Wendy and various other FAs in a pretty public way
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:18 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Seabilly
While less public, I don't know that I'd consider a DM over a regular tweet to be better. A tweet not only shows my appreciation to a FA but also Delta so would, to me anyway, be good PR. Besides, we have an entire thread dedicated to Wendy and various other FAs in a pretty public way

You could post a public "hey @Delta, I got great service from (firstname), I'll DM you with more info!" and then send the DM with the flight number, FA's full name or whatever you have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.